shape
carat
color
clarity

Boone Diamond Tension ring... for a guy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

As discussed on the "Bruce Boone with a diamond that I obtained from a friend. Ever since I was a kid, I've had this strange fascination with material science and gemology seemed to be a real world manifestation of that... meaning I like stones with optical phenomena, like Star Sapphires, Color Change Garnets/Alexanderite, etc...

After reading all the great recent strides with the optical optimization when it comes to diamond cutting and reading endlessly about light leakage, brilliant scopes, ideal scopes, sarin, I figured why not get one of these little wonders and see what all the hype was about.

In addition, I was definitely stuck on the idea of getting a TENSION setting since I had never seen one before and the idea of melding high tech machining, space age metals, with a sense of sleek archetectural design, who could resist.

Any how, while I know its not the norm for guys to wear diamonds, it entertains me to no end looking at the light dispersion, and optical patterns that emerge from different lighting sources, so besides looking plain cool, its a great distraction during those boring meetings etc.

I would also like to deeply thank Mr Boone for the great communication and top notch service he provided me, from design aspects, to schematics of potential rings, to an painstaking fabrication of nothing short of amazing with an unheard of turn around time of a few days to boot (DURING the Christmas season no less!). Having just received the package today, I have gotten no less that 12 compliments and questions about it, especially regarding its unusual construction.

So here it is... comments are welcome, thanks for looking

Scott

ps the diamond is a neat, Cushette branded diamond:

0.39cts J VS2

cushettetens.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, personally i''m not a huge fan of men and diamonds, but that is a great ring! i''ve ususally see rbs with tension settings,but i love the way your cushette looks and flows with the lines of the ring!

enjoy your ring!

avlatin

Rough_Rock
GREAT LOOKING RING YOU GOT THERE!

31.gif
ENJOY
31.gif

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ginger,

Thanks alot for your good words. Yeah, I wanted something unique and the band serves the great purpose of being "reverseable" in the sense that I can easily turn the ring over and it looks like a regular band in situations where its better to not have a lil fireball on my hand
37.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Scott! Your stone is, I think, the only cushette pic on the site. I''d love to see more of the stone!!!

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Hi MMM,

I know that modern cushion shaped cuts are the popular thing these days
emsmiled.gif
All the cool people seem to have one, or two or three... LOL

As for my lil guy, I won''t be able to take more pics until I can find a friend whose Macro function actually works. Unfortunately, my old digi cam doesn''t get close enough to really see anything, but I will try. I was told it scored well on the BScope and someday I hope to have an IScope to have a look at what I am sure is a ton of Red. Suffice to say that in diffuse lighting its totally white with some pleasant scintillaton and in incandescent, multiple-source point lighting its a discoball as Rhino likes to say.

I am not sure if anyone else is as geeky as myself but when I get a high intensity penlight and shine it head-on on the table facet, its fun to watch the veritable constellation of little rainbows that emanate from the crown facets onto my wall (best to do this in a darkened room). Its like a mini color laser light show, all from a small crystal.

Thanks for lookin''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results