shape
carat
color
clarity

BM dress.... Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to be a Bm in my sister''s wedding. She said I could pick out whatever dress I wanted as long as it is buttercup yellow and tea-length.
33.gif
I asked her where I should look and of course she had no idea
20.gif

So does anyone know how I am supposed to find this dress. Is there a well known place to start looking? I tried David''s Bridal, but they only have two dresses in that color, neither are tea-length.

Is this what people usually do? Every other wedding I have ever been in I was told exactly what dress to wear, or we went and picked out dresses together. I''ve always liked the idea of letting your girls pick out their own dress but I didn''t know it was going to be this difficult.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a new thing...I think it's hard though when she has a specific color in mind and just tells you to get it anywhere though. I'd start looking at local bridal stores, I am sure they will have a ton of dresses that can be ordered in that color and that are tea length.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Hi

My bridesmaids were going to wear buttercup tea-length dresses from B2 (Jasmin).

They have a ton of dresses to choose from, and most can be ordered in buttercup.

BUT, If I were you I''d talk to the bride. Buttercup from one designer could be a whole other color from another designer! So if you and the other bridesmaids (if there are any) all went for a different designer, it could look weird.

Here is the site:

http://www.jasminebridal.com/html/en/web1_b2_index.asp

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 1:40:08 AM
Author: luckystar112
Hi

My bridesmaids were going to wear buttercup tea-length dresses from B2 (Jasmin).

They have a ton of dresses to choose from, and most can be ordered in buttercup.

BUT, If I were you I''d talk to the bride. Buttercup from one designer could be a whole other color from another designer! So if you and the other bridesmaids (if there are any) all went for a different designer, it could look weird.

Here is the site:

I was in a wedding where the dress I wore was buttercup yellow and tea length from B2. I posted pictures on here for someone of it. Let me see if I can find it.

Buttercup dress

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

Here is the site:

Thanks for that link! I''m going to tell my sister to have us all pick from that designer that way the colors will match and each girl can pick their own style.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:08:20 AM
Author: scarlet16

Hi

Here is the site:

I was in a wedding where the dress I wore was buttercup yellow and tea length from B2. I posted pictures on here for someone of it. Let me see if I can find it.

Buttercup dress
Oh wow I like that dress. You looked great in it! I''m definitely going to find a store, so that I can try some on. Thanks for the pic.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jim Hjelm (jimhjelm.com) has a great collection of tea-length dresses, and a lot of them come in yellow.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
OK, enough Nordstrom dress posts from me. I scanned through the rest of the Nordstrom dresses and there is quite a selection of Maggy London dresses in yellow: http://shop.nordstrom.com/SR?keyword=Maggy+london%2c+yellow&color=Yellow&catname=in+All+Categories&guidednavon=Y&q=maggy+and+london%2c+and+yellow+and+suppresssearch%3a0+&origquery=+catid&bd=N&gn=1%2ccolor&initsearch=False&sort=4&viewall=0&searchorigin=KeywordSearch

I am a huge fan of Ann Taylor''s Celebrations line (I used them for my bridesmaids) but they don''t appear to have dresses in yellow right now. Shucks! How soon is the wedding? Perhaps Ann Taylor will have yellow as one of the next colors.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results