shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Zircon in Rose Gold Halo

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this zircon from Mastercut Gems quite a while ago. I always wanted to set it in a fussy, decorative setting. I originally hunted for antique settings that would fit it but while other people seemed to find antique settings for 7mm stones, I just couldn't seem to! So it just kind of languished. Then Freke posted this REALLY AWESOME halo setting that checked off a lot of my specifications, at basically exactly the price I was searching for. IT WAS FATE.

The stone is just a tad big for the setting. I asked for it to be set as low as possible but there's this circular thingy inside the halo and it is as low as it can go in it, which is still higher than I'd like, but I'm over it. Looks fab. Very sparkly. Sparklebomb to the max.

Blue Zircon, cut by Dana at Mastercut Gems
2.565 cts (that's really precise, but it's what was on the package!)
7.2mm
heated

img_5883.jpg
img_5887.jpg
img_5888.jpg

These are much more accurate in terms of the color:
img_5892.jpg
img_5895.jpg
img_5899.jpg

I know how different these look to the rest but these and the ones above mixed would make the actual color I usually see:
img_5901.jpg
img_5902.jpg

Camera is blocking ALLLLLLLL the light in these close ups!
img_5904.jpg
img_5909.jpg
img_5911.jpg
img_5912.jpg
img_5914.jpg
img_5916.jpg
img_5917.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your patience paid off greatly; the ring is gorgeous!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The setting works perfectly! Very nice.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Always love that setting! Your blue and rose gold works so well together. Where did you have it made?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! So happy it went to a good home and the zirc looks amazing in it!

More pics!

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Distracts,

What a beautiful combination :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oooohh, well done!

cheers--Sharon

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! That works perfectly.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! Do you know where Freke bought the setting?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting and feel like I "know" it well from seeing so many of Freke's pics of it. So I know in real life, the blue zircon and the gold of the ring look smashing. But cameras lie, I tell you! In the pics where the zircon looks the blue of a zircon, the gold looks so dark, and in the pics where the gold looks correct, the zircon looks waaaay too dark. Yet I know it doesn't look like that in real life. Sheesh, silly camera.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1386899008|3573296 said:
Pretty! Do you know where Freke bought the setting?
I bought it third hand, so I have no idea who made it. I imagine that any number of jewelers could make something very similar!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Freke.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely! Really pretty stone and setting!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a pretty ring! Congrats!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! I love the blue with rose gold combination. That halo is quite special too!

Aphrone

Rough_Rock
Truly a beautiful ring - the rose gold and the blue of the zircon are wonderful together!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous combination! I'm glad that it worked out for you- finding the perfect setting was serendipitous!

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty and romantic ring! Does zircon wear well on the hand? I've heard contradicting statements regarding its durability.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty and romantic! :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just adding these not-fug pics I took once I saw the atrocities my previous pics were in the zircon thread.

fullsizerender__1__17.jpg

fullsizerender__2__11.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting! :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful! Love the stone and setting!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1467316581|4050219 said:
just adding these not-fug pics I took once I saw the atrocities my previous pics were in the zircon thread.

fullsizerender__1__17.jpg

fullsizerender__2__11.jpg

Absolutely flippin' gorgeous suite, love everything about it!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1467329839|4050283 said:
Absolutely flippin' gorgeous suite, love everything about it!!

I need to get a pendant to complete it, don't I? I have a 6mm zircon, also cut by Dana, that I want in a haloed pendant. I should probably just bite the bullet and get one of those IDJ ones. OOOH that is something I can do in New York when I go later this year. It would be neat if I could find a pendant that matches the halo but I think for a zircon I just want a stock setting. My mom thinks I should get a GIANT zircon for a pendant, but idk that I would ever wear that, lol.

This is one of those that makes me sing "Let it go" whenever I wear it. I AM ONE WITH THE WIND AND SKYYYYYY, etc.

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I will say this...

You Ladies surely make my work look good !!!! :love:

I am Honored and Blessed to have my work on your lovely Hands, Necks, and Ears ...

Wishing you all a lovely Summer.

Most respectfully;

Dana Reynolds
ASG Certified
Supreme Master Gem Cutter
#96CGE42

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your set! I'd like to know who made them, if you don't mind.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1467379823|4050436 said:
I LOVE your set! I'd like to know who made them, if you don't mind.

The big zircon was cut by Dana and the little earrings are from Yvonne Raley and in the scroll settings. The ring setting went through multiple previous owners - I bought it from Elle, who bought it from someone else, so the setting maker is lost to time. I've looked at the shank with a loupe but can only see the metal mark, no makers mark. It looks to me like a JbEG Bella halo (design now at LoveAffair Diamonds), so even if it isn't by them, anyone looking for something similar could find it there.

Oh wait! This ring of Phoenixdarling's looks exactly like it - halo proportions, width of the band, height off the finger, the way the white gold curlicues stick out just slightly under the halo, etc, and it was made by her local jeweler with inspiration from the Bella halo. In fact, looking at these pictures I think it must be the same setting. She does appear to have sold it on loupetroop.

Dana- we couldn't do it without your pretty shinies!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG all gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:
And yes you do need a pendant to go with your beautiful blue zircon halo ring and earrings... :naughty: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info! It's a beautiful set which I'm sure will garner generous compliments.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results