shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Topaz shape

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Is this blue topaz more round or square? I can't make up my mind. It is a custom cut I bought from Jeff Davis. Also, this is for a right hand ring. Which color gold do you think would look better with it? And finally, any suggestions as to setting-mounts?

Thanks in advance,

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this blue topaz more round or square? I can't make up my mind. It is a custom cut I bought from Jeff Davis. Also, this is for a right hand ring. Which color gold do you think would look better with it? And finally, any suggestions as to setting-mounts?

Thanks in advance,

It looks like a hybrid between a round and a cushion. Did you ask Jeff what he would qualify the shape as? I think it would look good in any color gold. White metal would give it a more elegant look though. As for mount advice, what kind if styles are you drawn to?

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Jeff states it's a custom cut. I'm hoping it's more cushion than round. I would like the finished ring to look elegant, not an engagement-ring look. I know I'd like an open-basket look beneath the stone. Apart from that I'm not sure.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a cushion to me, but you could put some sort of halo or bezel around it and make it appear rounder if you wanted to, or you could indeed emphasis the cushion shape more with the right setting.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a square cushion cut (with rounded edges) to me. I'd go white gold personally, with detailing that highlights the cushion shape (like a squared halo or double prongs at the four corners). It looks beautiful and I think pretty much any setting will be elegant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results