shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Topaz Asscher set by Heart of Water

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
I posted some time ago a blue topaz I had purchased from Doug, I was asked how I was going to set it. It''s finally done! I asked Sally at HOW to modify their Mistral setting to accommodate the asscher, while keeping it low and open. Here are her pictures of the completed ring! She said it was overcast when she took the photos
5.gif

il_430xN.151099365.jpg

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
one more...

il_430xN.151099541.jpg

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Last one...

il_430xN.151099996.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, is the topaz unheated Australian or Brazilian? Getting a stone from Doug is on my wishlist.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW...it''s beautiful! I love the color and the windmill...Sally also did a great job.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this in yellow gold? Initially, I thought it was a bezel setting from the top, then I saw the prongs and wondered what sort of setting it is. I''m quite impressed with Sally''s work.

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Lovinggems - it''s an Australian topaz, untreated. Doug is great to work with, really fast and detailed communication

Mochi - thanks Mochi, I think Sally did a great job too!

Chrono - I thought the same thing about the bezel, I did not provide really detailed design instructions to Sally as I trusted her eye and having had her work on a different setting for me. The ring is in 14k yellow gold because I wanted some warmth
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Sally did a great job and the stone is fabulous. I''ve been stalking Doug''s site ever since Mariedtiger got her blue topaz from him-I love his blue topaz!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Looks great! I''ve never been a huge fan of the mistral setting as she has it for E/W-set rectangular stones, but I really like it with the square. Although that asscher would probably look good with anything!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like this ring!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jjdav,

What a wonderful ring!
30.gif
I love Doug''s stones (in fact I''m also getting a untreated Blue Topaz from him at the moment). Can''t wait to see handshots of this baby.....

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Another asscher
21.gif
set nicely, the step cut shows up well in this Topaz too, congrats

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
This ring is really gorgeous. Sally does such a great job of making colored stone solitaires that hold their own without side stones! Love this stone, the ring, everything.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! The yellow gold really makes the color pop, and I never would have thought so! Good job!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Can''t wait to see hand pictures!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone!

I can''t wait either, Sally told me to expect it in late June or possibly July because of the holiday
7.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. The blue topaz looks great in yellow gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results