shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock

I wanted to do a quick poll, but can''t figure out how to do it. I just wanted to know how many of you out with floor length gowns are going with blue shoes as your something blue, how many are insisting their shoes match the exact shade of the dress, and how many are doing something totally different?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I deifnitely won''t do blue shoes, but I also don''t think the shoes have to match the excat ivory of my dress. I''m also thinking of using Gold.

For blue, I think I will put our initials with blue fake gems on the bottom of the shoes
9.gif

M~

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 1:17:41 PM
Author:Sabine

I wanted to do a quick poll, but can''t figure out how to do it. I just wanted to know how many of you out with floor length gowns are going with blue shoes as your something blue, how many are insisting their shoes match the exact shade of the dress, and how many are doing something totally different?

A friend of mine did blue heels under her dress and it was amazing!! Of course you couldn''t see them all the time, but in the pics it was so unique!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Blue shoes is an awesome idea. I''m wearing silver patent leather shoes under my silvery white gown. And my latest step-mom (there have been many) wore bright red shoes under her gown (her fourth big white gown, mind you) at my suggestion. It looked great!

I think blue shoes would be fab and you should go for it.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m wearing blue undies. My shoes are gold.
1.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Shhhh... I''m wearing blue undies too.
28.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m a blue shoe bride. Bright, peacock blue. I have a floor-length, ivory, mermaid-shaped dress. The blue shoes was the one wedding detail I actually cared about. Love them!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''m going with something totally different...blue is a good idea. I was thinking bright pink or green, just to have something fun peek out from under there!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have hot pink shoes.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a cute idea! Mine were gold.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure yet what kind of shoe I will be wearing as it'll all come down to the dress, but I definitely think I'd like to have blue shoes under my dress, or at least some kind of funky fun (comfy!) shoe thats not your standard wedding shoe. So anywho, I came across these today and am really tempted to order a pair to see how they fit and everything, and how the blue looks in person :)

Skechers - Matilda

Heres the front:

Skechers - Matilda BLUE SHOES.jpg

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
And the back:

Skechers - Matilda BLUE SHOES back view.jpg

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
blue shoes! blue shoes! I will be a blue shoe bride. Light blue, with my ivory dress. I can''t wait!
I don''t think the shoes have to match, just compliment the dress.

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
colour is great. i think blue shoes are an awesome idea. a friend of mine wore red shoes with her wedding dress. her dress didn''t quite hit her ankles and the ''pow'' of red looked great.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m a blue shoe bride! My sister hates them but I don''t care! It''s an outdoor wedding, on grass, and I''m unable to wear most "cute shoes" so these are my salvation. Plus I can dance in them! I wore them throughout our dance lessons. My dress is champagne/gold so I''m not worried about the beige part. It blends well.

sumbsblueshoes.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore white satin D''Orsay shoes to my wedding, but for my Trash The Dress pics, I bought these blue D''Orsay pics from a seller on Ebay, popiconfashion for about $13.00.

They''re adorable in person, and only need an insert in the back to be completely comfortable.

irmabluesatin2.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 9:06:55 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I wore white satin D'Orsay shoes to my wedding, but for my Trash The Dress pics, I bought these blue D'Orsay pics from a seller on Ebay, popiconfashion for about $13.00.

They're adorable in person, and only need an insert in the back to be completely comfortable.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: I searched and found them on ebay. Prob'ly not practical for me to get considering yesterday I was getting cortisone injections in my ankle
14.gif
I'm planning on a beach wedding anyway and will be wearing flipflops, but maybe for a trash the dress photo shoot! They are TOO cute!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, those are pretty!
30.gif
They look a little painful for a whole wedding though. I actually tried on a really cute pair of navy peep toe pumps from nine west tonight, and there was no way i could even make it through the ceremony in them!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 9:16:55 PM
Author: Sabine
Oooh, those are pretty!
30.gif
They look a little painful for a whole wedding though. I actually tried on a really cute pair of navy peep toe pumps from nine west tonight, and there was no way i could even make it through the ceremony in them!

I''m in love with peep-toes, but like wine-tasting, they are definitely an acquired skill.
2.gif

I wore very similar shoes for my wedding, and because I bought some shoe petals, they were fine.

However, I had a 15 minute ceremony, and didn''t have a traditional reception with a ton of dancing, but I had to do a TON of walking, since it was in Vegas at The Bellagio, and the locations for pics were pretty spread out.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 9:14:08 PM
Author: sera

Date: 9/22/2007 9:06:55 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I wore white satin D''Orsay shoes to my wedding, but for my Trash The Dress pics, I bought these blue D''Orsay pics from a seller on Ebay, popiconfashion for about $13.00.

They''re adorable in person, and only need an insert in the back to be completely comfortable.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: I searched and found them on ebay. Prob''ly not practical for me to get considering yesterday I was getting cortisone injections in my ankle
14.gif
I''m planning on a beach wedding anyway and will be wearing flipflops, but maybe for a trash the dress photo shoot! They are TOO cute!

My trash the dress shoot is in two locations in Oahu. It''ll be on the beach where a few scenes from Lost have been shot, and in the second shoot, we''ll be doing some underwater pics in a private residence''s pool on the beach. I''m trying to figure out how to work in my blue shoes in the underwater pics.

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
OOOOHHH! Blue shoes is such a neat idea!! I''m sure my very UNimaginative family would think I was crazy
20.gif
I bought a pair of ivory ballerina flats to go under my ivory dress. They''re synthetic leather and were only $14 - I wonder if I could somehow make them blue.....
31.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
YES! I have blues! I LOVE them and I adore the idea of blue shoes on your wedding day! All of my friends know and *expect* some sort of quirky style at my wedding - and I was planning on wearing some hot pink peep toe shoes...but I decided on royal cobalt blue shoes as my "something blue" - I'm not a "light blue" kind of girl - everything i do is loud and noticeable - especially when it comes to shoes - I own zillions of ridiculous heels
20.gif
-

I'm attaching a pic of my new BCBG shoes - the color is not even close to what it looks like in person - they are truly a royal blue color. I love them - and they will be *my* little joy on my special day :) Fiance would expect nothing less
30.gif

swi839_zi_blue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results