shape
carat
color
clarity

blue shoes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
ok, i don''t have a dress yet. but i do know i want blue shoes to wear under my dress. my "dream" shoe is j.crew augusta; however they are sold out on their website. i''ve searched the internet but haven''t found any that compare that would be in my price range (around $100). today i was out shopping & came across these nine west shoes. but i can''t decide: are they dressy enough? i found a great price (under $20), so should i go ahead and get them or hold out? i mean, i don''t even have a dress yet! talk some sense into me, ladies! here they are attached, light blue suede nine west shows

lulu nine west shoes.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Cute!! I think they''d be dressy enough for me, but I don''t know what you have planned for your dress/venue! And for under $20, wow, can''t beat that! You could always get them and try them out around the house and if you change your mind, send them back?

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
do you have a max mara outlet by you? if so it might be worth a trip! i was in one in NY recently and they had the most gorgeous tall blue satin shoes.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
lulu66! i just looked up the j.crew augusta and i love those shoes! they are awesome. do you have time to wait until they come back in stock? they are really pretty. i like your other choice too but i think you should get the shoes you have your heart set on :)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
cocolaw unfortunately, the the boondocks of KY no max mara anywhere near by; but thanks for the suggestion!

dani2142 aren''t they the greatest?! i don''t know if they are just out of stock or discontinued. is there anyway to know for sure?

i do have LOTS of time till the wedding, so i don''t think i''m going to jump the gun. i don''t
30.gif
the nine west ones & i don''t think i''d wear them any other time or else i''d go ahead and pick them up. so, i''ll wait & hope for some light blue satin shoes w/a bow :)

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
lulu66... i would shoot them an e-mail... or i wonder if they have those alert things where when they are in stock you get an e-mail.

side note... my fiance is from KY... Paducah actually but we live in Michigan now :)

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Here is their e-mail addy... [email protected] and the item number is 14174 good luck!!! those shoes rock!!! :)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 12:38:39 PM
Author: dani2142
lulu66... i would shoot them an e-mail... or i wonder if they have those alert things where when they are in stock you get an e-mail.

side note... my fiance is from KY... Paducah actually but we live in Michigan now :)

that''s a great idea, i''ll do that! also, i''m from mayfield; very close to paducah! small world. i live in another part of the state but will be getting married in the mayfield/paducah area!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
lulu66... I think my fiance''s stepfather lives in mayfield now... that is such a small town you probably know him... LOL we went and visited him last year. it was the first time i''ve been to KY and holy crap that was the smallest airport i''ve ever been to!!! LOL

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 2:09:45 PM
Author: lulu66
Date: 9/4/2009 12:38:39 PM

Author: dani2142

that''s a great idea, i''ll do that! also, i''m from mayfield; very close to paducah! small world. i live in another part of the state but will be getting married in the mayfield/paducah area!

Lexingtonian here
35.gif
35.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
miscka: i used to go to summer camp in lexington. is there still a yummy little restaurant called alfalfas there??

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 3:58:24 PM
Author: cocolaw
miscka: i used to go to summer camp in lexington. is there still a yummy little restaurant called alfalfas there??

YES!!! It is my fave!

Sorry I am way late seeing this :)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
just got an email back saying that they are part of the final sale and will not be restocked.
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif

i''m crying over here
8.gif

those are totally my dress shoes--no matter what dress i where! anyone have any ideas?? something similar?

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
I don't know what size you wear, but there are two pairs on ebay right now (sizes 9 & 9.5). These shoes are beautiful- keep checking ebay!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
These are cute too! Betsey Johnson- Gemma

10757-970650-d.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the Betsey Johnson Gemma shoes. They are gorgeous in real life, but the patent around the fabric''s edges are iridescent. Which I loved, but it doesn''t show up in the picture, so I wanted to make sure you knew about it if you like those.

One note about the original shoes. I noticed that they are actually leather, although they look like they are suede.

When is your wedding? I''d say if it''s in the next 6 months or so, start looking for shoes now (I loved the Augustas too) but if you''re a year out, I''d think about waiting until Spring, because I''m betting that J Crew (and probably other companies) will be putting out pretty lighter blue shoes then. However, should you see a pair that you love, even this far in advance, GRAB THEM!

(I bought my first pair of wedding shoes the week before we even got engaged. But I''m weird.)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! i still have a year, so thanks for the advice to wait till spring freke! and i''m not a 9 or 9.5, sad day ice-queen
7.gif
i''ll keep checking ebay though! i''ll just keep waiting hoping the perfect ones come along!
deelight, thanks for all your suggestions too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results