shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Sapphires - Crescent Shape Search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tewing

Rough_Rock

Hello -

This is my first post, and I am hoping for some help.

I am searching for a pair of Crescent shaped blue sapphires. I prefer them to have a dark ceylon blue. I am searching for a pair that would look nice next to a 2.25 carat round diamond. I would like them to "cradle" the round, and not stick out like knobs on the side!

I must have chosen a very unique shape, and am having quite a bit of trouble finding anything - but I have seen them in finished jewelry and know they are out there!

I see that half moon are slightly more available, but only slightly and I prefer the crescent shape.

I was hoping to find a pair around with each stone ranging from .5 to .75 carat.

I am looking for man made or natural.

Thank you for your help and advice!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I tend to see half moons much more often, but I think they would be too "knobby" from your description. The size of the sapphires will also need to be quite precise, to fit around the diamond nicely.

I think you should have them custom cut for you. Finding something like that, in the size you need, will be very, very hard.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, going custom will be easier, they can make it specifically to be proportionate to your diamond :)

Some popular custom cutters:
customgemstones.com
www.acstones.com
www.precisiongem.com
www.finewatergems.com

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does sound like it has to be custom cut and the inner and outer curvature must fit the center stone. I don''t think you''ll find a ready pair very easily. MTG has given a good list of cutters. www.whitesgems.com is another excellent cutter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results