shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Sapphire help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DotDot

Rough_Rock

The knowledgeable experts on PS forum have been so helpful when I was looking for my diamond ring.

36.gif
Now, I am back in search of a blue sapphire.

I am looking for a 2 CT+ stone for a right hand ring. Prefer rectangular/square/unusal shape. Hoping for high clarity, good tone and saturation, good symmetry, rich/sparkling blue in color (maybe a little lighter than the ideal color), and is preferably AGTA certified (if unheated). My budget is about 3-4k for the sapphire. (Please do tell me if I am getting unrealistic).

Questions:
1) Any recommendations on the sapphires?
2) I understand heated and unheated is more a personal choice. With my budget and my criteria, roughly what size range of stones I am looking at for both heated and unheated (fair market price)?
3) What is the best way of finding a trustworthy vendor? My local jeweler failed to impress me (color zoning and pushy salesperson are big problems). Plus, I can't even be sure if half of what they said were true.
4) I read in PS forum that some jewelers provide custom cutting. I am not sure how that works. Do they find you the rough and cut it? If I am not happy with the quality of the stone, what happens then?
5) I also read about commissioning a vendor to find a stone at the Gem show in Tucson. How best to find a vendor that can understand exactly what I am looking for?
This is the beginning of the fun! Thank you all!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can give you one vendor that many have bought from on PS. www.cherrypicked.com I'm sure you'll get a lot more sites to check out tomorrow. Good luck!!!

DotDot

Rough_Rock
Thanks, kaleigh! I have check both CherryPicked and NSC. Both have great unheated options.

Would be most appreciated if anyone has any advices on my questions!

Anyone had experience with AJS at http://www.ajsgems.com/?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: DotDot

Anyone had experience with AJS at http://www.ajsgems.com/?
I''ve heard very good things about them, and their prices are very reasonable. I''d want to actually "talk" by phone or Email about a specific stone before I order it. I think the man''s name is Arnold...hmm not sure..

DotDot: Look what I found today and had a drool fit: 3.37ct unheated sapphire at www.palagems.com ! It''s on page two of "New In Stock".

They''re wholesalers, so I have no idea of the price. You''d have to get a dealer (online or local) to call and find out.

It''s yummy, isn''t it? Emerald cut sapphires are relatively hard to come by.

widget

337pala.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results