shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile setting -- freaking out a little!

olliepoppers

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

A few weeks ago, boyfriend and I picked out my engagement ring in the Blue Nile showroom and ordered it. BN no longer had my size in the setting design I wanted, so they said it would have to be special ordered in my size, making it a final sale item. I just realized (I know, I know, totally OUR mistake) that the BN settings are prefabbed with H color diamonds. The ring arrived yesterday, and boyfriend is hanging onto it until he officially proposes. I haven't seen it yet, but I am super anxious now that the H color diamonds will look totally yellow against the 1 carat E color Square Radiant center stone. What's even more concerning is that the setting stones aren't just a pave with tiny stones -- it's a three stone design with two trillions flanking the center stone, and a three sided pave on the band. Is this going to look totally awful? We are obviously very new at buying diamonds and I wish the showroom consultant had said something about this when ordering. :wall:

Here's a link to the setting:

http://www.bluenile.com/trillion-side-stone-engagement-ring-platinum_44076

Thanks in advance!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt BN would choose to use H colored side stones if they even remotely looked yellow, regardless of what color center stone was next to them. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, H diamonds are really white anyway.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results