shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Return Policy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Meticulous1

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone ...
I am thinking of buying a diamond from Blue Nile. It looks good on paper, so I thought I would take a look in person. However, if I don''t like it, I hope to be able to return it. That said, I was wondering if anyone has returned a diamond to Blue Nile and if it was truly "no hassle."

Thanks for your help.

toleong

Rough_Rock
Meticulous1,

I have returned something back to Blue Nile recently. It was pretty painless, you just have to get a return authorization code and they don''t even ask why you want to return it. The only downside is that it takes a while to process your return. Probably about 1 - 2 weeks once they receive your shipment.

Hope this helps.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Blue nile will take something back but beware they don''t like a lot of returns.

Funny story, my husband is BANNED from buying from Blue nile. How funny is that? When he was originally buying my new diamond, he bought and returned 2 stones. A few weeks later I tried to buy a pair of earrings from them and I got an email that said that due to the large number of returns and the cost to them for processing them they were no longer accepting orders from our household. How dumb is that????

Left a BAD taste in my mouth. They were not happy that after seeing 2 diamonds, we did not choose one and completely banned us from any other purchases. Our feeling? If they don''t want our hard earned money, there are PLENTY of reputable people who do!!

So just beware, they will process the return, but 2 strikes and you are out with them.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I bought something from them, returned it, no problems from them.

I think asscherisme''s experience is really bad! That is not so nice of BN to ban someone due to 2 returns. I guess you better keep that in mind as you are evaluating the diamond.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
when you buy a diamond from them you are essentially "bringing it in" and YOU are the evaluator. If you "bring in" too many stones from any of the vendors here they''ll start charging you for it. I''m surprised BN doesn''t have a policy that reflects that.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never bought a diamond from Blue Nile, but I have purchased a wedding band and a bracelet, both returned without a problem. I have since ordered from them again without a problem.

Meticulous1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experiences. It makes me feel a lot more comfortable shopping with BN. I''ll let you know how it all goes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results