shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Diamond...1.2 VVS2 I Color

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Tremendous thanks for all the advice and insight I've gleaned from this website.
I have narrowed down my search and am considering this diamond. It is priced at $6457 for a 1.2 carat vvs2 I color. Is this a good buy? Is there anything on the GIA report that looked concerning? Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• GIA.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 39

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I just came to say - put it on a 48 hour hold with Blue Nile right away - you can do that for free, immediately, via their Chat function. I am no expert AT ALL but it looks like a well-proportioned stone with a gorgeous high crown at a good price - a lurker is going to snatch it.

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
I just came to say - put it on a 48 hour hold with Blue Nile right away - you can do that for free, immediately, via their Chat function. I am no expert AT ALL but it looks like a well-proportioned stone with a gorgeous high crown at a good price - a lurker is going to snatch it.

Thank you! I Just put it on hold. Didnt even know that was possible! Thanks again.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not sure why, but I'm not loving the proportions on this one (from the face up view and video). Not clear whether it's the steep crown, or the slightly deep cut, or both, but just don't love it overall.

What are your color/clarity/size/budget preferences?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
not sure why, but I'm not loving the proportions on this one (from the face up view and video). Not clear whether it's the steep crown, or the slightly deep cut, or both, but just don't love it overall.

Same for me...that one seems to delving into the nefarious steep-deep territory.

Check these highly vetted diamonds out:

You'll be hard pressed to do better for the money, plus WF's service, return, exchange, and upgrade policies are unmatched in the world.

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the insight.
Same for me...that one seems to delving into the nefarious steep-deep territory.

Check these highly vetted diamonds out:

You'll be hard pressed to do better for the money, plus WF's service, return, exchange, and upgrade policies are unmatched in the world.

I had not heard of WF til Pricescope. I will definitely check it out. It seems a tad more expensive than JA or BN. is the quality of diamonds much better?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the insight.

I had not heard of WF til Pricescope. I will definitely check it out. It seems a tad more expensive than JA or BN. is the quality of diamonds much better?

You have a *chance* of finding a diamond at JA or BN that has similar high light performance and symmetry as a WF diamond.
WF merely does all that work of searching for you.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I seem to recall @yssie has a high crown diamond that is really gorgeous - I've tagged her in case she has any thoughts on this one before you give up on it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The depth is 62.7 and the girdle is thicker than would normally be recommended.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results