shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile 3-stone trellis engagement ring

stonecutter2

Rough_Rock
It definitely looks like a wedding band wouldn't sit flush. I don't own this particular ring, but my wife does have a ring that allows a band to sit flush next to it. If a band would be flush to it, there would be a noticeable part of the ring under the trellis work that would be smooth to rest a band against. Maybe Blue Nile offers a band that will pair with the ring? Sometimes the band will sort of bend around the engagement ring's curves to sit alongside each other.

You should definitely call them and ask. When I talked with them over buying a diamond, their service was quite good.

gwapenut

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I did call and ask but the guy didn't seem that knowledgable about this aspect ... he suggested a certain type of wedding band to go with it, but I couldn't quite see how anything could fit between the finger and the trellis work, from the photo, no matter how thin.

The other option is this one, the Roma, which can clearly be seen to have a way of the ring sitting flush ... but then the stone sits higher profile. The other thing about 77diamonds is I don't have so much control over what "matching" sidestones are picked ... but at least any wedding ring should sit flush.

http://www.77diamonds.com/trilogy_rings.html

stonecutter2

Rough_Rock
Bummer, well maybe the guy at BN hasn't had people ask this a lot :confused: It was important to my fiancee so I made sure her rings would fit flush together. We bought a setting from a local jeweler. It's made by Almer.

If the desire is to have a band sit flush with the engagement ring, then yeah the stone will sit higher in the setting - room has to be made for the band. The setting I got had a cathedral setting, which means the ring itself continues (and the wedding band thus fits flush with it), while the stone and sides of the engagement ring "thrust upward." This provides the extra height for the band to fit next to the engagement ring.

Whatever you choose, make sure you can purchase the band with the engagement ring, to be 100% certain they will sit flush with one another. Engagement rings and bands are commonly sold in sets in this manner, otherwise you take the chance of it not *quite* working together, which might look and feel awkward.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Is Blue Nile inventory all virtual stock? Because otherwise I don't get why the guy can't tell you. Even if it virtual, he could make a call and get back to you? I don't get that. And it is such a logical question.

gwapenut

Rough_Rock
Thanks all, I might try calling them again

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results