shape
carat
color
clarity

blue green body wobbly tahitian pearl masterpiece

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
ok i have tons of photos, but no time. this is mainly a teaser, will get more up later on.

a quick reminder:

18-inch AA+/AAA 9.4-12.8 mm Baroque Tahitian Pearl Necklace
This is truly a unique strand of pearls, so much so in part to pearl number eight on one side and number 11 on the other. It almost looks like the pearl oyster grew these pearls and changed his mind on direction at the last moment. The strand also features a deep blue-green bodycolor with flashing peacock orient. The pearls are almost perfectly clean with mirror-like luster.

glamour shots:

blue_body_pp_0.jpg

ppbgtglamourclose.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
teaser pics (mostly so 4RG won't kill me):

ppbgts16.jpg

ppbgts17.jpg

ppbgts18.jpg

ppbgts19.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
ok ok one more, but then i HAVE TO GO PICK UP MY SON...

ppbgts30.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
oh gosh, i could go on and on. and i probably will. some of these you can see the misdirected pearls - almost none of the pearls on the strand are symmetrical in 3 dimensions. they are all to DIE FOR and i think i love each and every one. LOVE!

ppbgts32.jpg

ppbgts33.jpg

ppbgts34.jpg

ppbgts35.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juliebeth,

Your strand (minus the wobbly unique pearls) is a sister to my beloved blue-green strand from the loot 2 lot! Mine makes my heart sing every time I wear it despite it's imperfections....so I hope that yours does the same to you! This colour seems to come alive once it is on the neck.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see a neck shot! The pearls are so beautiful...and I know exactly what you mean about loving each one...so easy to get lost in them, looking at each as if they are individual works of art strung together for collective display.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The luster! The colors! The shapes! What a charming strand. I am looking forward to neck shots.

Enjoy and wear in health for many years to come.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful colours! Lovely strand all around.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I,too,love the imperfections on tahitians (or any pearls really). These pearls look like little rainbows. They're wonderful.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh JulieBeth even better in pictures than over the phone. More pictures please :mrgreen: These pearls have character with the lumps and bumps and a kind of beauty that rounds never will :appl: :appl: :appl: They found the right home with you. Enjoy your new beauties.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Those are gorgeous pearls!! I love the colors. So pretty. What will you wear these with?? I hope you will post neck shots.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these pearls. :love: Gorgeous color and gorgeous shape. Very organic feeling. They will be stunning on your neck which brings me to my request...please post neck shots. And enjoy in health and happiness!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
absolutely beautiful, those colors are amazing, and that luster!!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just for comparison, here is a photo taken outside of my "wave" strand. I see the exact same shades of pinks, greens, hints of blue and silver, and the same circle pattern of stripy colors. I call mine the wave strand because after I received it I realized that it was the first strand in the PP blog post featuring these pearl strands all lying in a graceful wave pattern. While I'm at it, I'll throw in the PP horizontal photo as well for comparison to your strand.

wave_9006.jpg

peacock-drops-wave-1024x564.jpg

peacock-drops-horizontal-1024x424.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Jb: great peacock colors! Eagerly awaiting neck shots like the rest. :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats and enjoy!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
thanks all! neck shots coming up...

flygirl, thanks for posting those! i can see that they are cousins, although mind don't have near the amount of cherry and gold that the wave strands do...those are just so luscious!

ok, more pics. neck shots in various lighting conditions.

ppbgts08.jpg

ppbgts07.jpg

ppbgts01.jpg

ppbgts02.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
my, don't i look overjoyed in those pictures NOT! haha!

outside in spotty sun conditions...

ppbgts22.jpg

ppbgts29.jpg

ppbgts28.jpg

ppbgts23.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
one more set of pics for now, including comparison for size and color with my ringed cherries from august sale.

and wow, it is SO HARD to capture color! these pics are all so charcoal, yeesh. they're NOT! not the wobblies, not the ringed cherries. ah well, at least you can tell the body color is different, etc.

ppbgts51.jpg

ppbgts52.jpg

ppbgts54.jpg

ppbgts53.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty pictures, juliebeth. I love the big fat lustrous green drops.

There is no gold in the wave strand, as you can see in my photo. The only gold in that photo is my ball clasp. The PP blog photos are tinted gold, but I'm sure that is an artifact of the lighting or camera setting they used.

I'm pretty sure yours are sisters, not cousins, of the Loot2/Rikitea pearls. :dance:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
They look great on you. Delicious drops! I really like the colours and shapes of the new strand. Congratulations and enjoy in good health!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
bathroom light photos, showing shapes.

ppbgts03.jpg

ppbgts04.jpg

ppbgts06.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
So lustrous and great shapes! I can tell, you are smitten. Bitten by the pearl love bug.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
back porch "light box."

ppbgts10.jpg

ppbgts12.jpg

ppbgts14.jpg

ppbgts15.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
back porch direct sun! (yes, bsomlo, i love this strand!)

ppbgts20.jpg

ppbgts21.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Now those porch shots are glorious. Do they appear like that to you in certain lighting conditions? That's how they look when you walk around outside?

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
ok, i have about 25 more photos, but i won't subject y'all to them LOL! and also i don't recall which ones i posted and which i haven't. you got all the neck shots, i think. anyhow, thanks for indulging me. :lol: :lol: :devil: :lol: :lol:

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo|1417890114|3796489 said:
Now those porch shots are glorious. Do they appear like that to you in certain lighting conditions? That's how they look when you walk around outside?

what's awesome is, that's how they appear most of the time! that charcoal look only really shows in photos, which surprised me. now, they do go really dark in low light, but there are still flashes of purple - you can kinda see that in the "light box" photos - 4RG, remember talking about that aurora borealis effect? that's showing (barely captured by the camera) in that set. some of those teaser photos at the top of the thread were also taken in the "light box".

(love my light box - it is a container store OH chair in translucent white that works wonders on pearls, jewelery, gemstones, anything place in it once dusted off (they are our back patio chairs, i highly recommend them!)(i use parenthesis too much, i think))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1417877813|3796377 said:
Just for comparison, here is a photo taken outside of my "wave" strand. I see the exact same shades of pinks, greens, hints of blue and silver, and the same circle pattern of stripy colors. I call mine the wave strand because after I received it I realized that it was the first strand in the PP blog post featuring these pearl strands all lying in a graceful wave pattern. While I'm at it, I'll throw in the PP horizontal photo as well for comparison to your strand.
You captured the colors of my "Fat Sisters" perfectly I have yet to get a good picture like yours of them. So just imagine realy fat smooth drops with your peacock color pearls :lickout: and that is what I have.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Love all of your pictures JulieBeth. Have fun with these beauties.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results