shape
carat
color
clarity

Blown away by Whiteflash J diamond!!!!!

SgrPlum12

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I began posting for advice on buying diamonds online and settings to get for my future engagement ring. (My boyfriend just received the ring, so I'm just waiting for him to officially pop the question).

With your help, we decided to purchase from Whiteflash. I am extremely pleased with their amazing customer service and the very high quality!!! I don't think I could find a similar diamond around my town if I tried.

I decided instead of a pavé setting that I originally wanted, to get a plain band. I plan on blinging it up with a diamond wedding band in the future. My boyfriend was able to get a bigger diamond due to this and many of you encouraged me that this was the right decision.

Also, to bring down the cost a bit, we went with a J colored diamond. I used this forum to research J diamonds and felt that the diamond would still look white enough to me, especially with such an exceptional cut from Whiteflash. Whiteflash sent me a pretty unflattering picture of the diamond once it was set, so I was worrying so much in anticipation of seeing it in person. It looked very yellow since they placed it in front of a red background but I am happy to say that I worried for nothing! The diamond is so gorgeous. It's so white and bright and fiery!!

Even though the ring isn't quite "mine" yet, I wanted to share the pics of it with you all!!! Thank you for all of your input!!

Here are the specs: 1.498 carats (pretty much 1.5 right?) J VS2 Ideal cut. Size 6 finger, although my finger looks a little meaty in pictures, I am a true size 6!

Here is the link to the diamond for more info if you want:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3012596.htm#

Thank you to this forum and all of you that willingly shared your advice and expertise with me!! I never would've gotten a diamond like this without all if the valuable knowledge I gained with all of your help! Hope you enjoy the eye candy. Hope it'll permanently be on my finger soon!

image_1022.jpg

image_1023.jpg

image_1024.jpg

image_1025.jpg

image_1026.jpg

image_1027.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to you! You made a great choice! :appl:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous...well cut J's can be very white...congrats!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
It's really beautiful. :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And it looks VERY white!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring! :love: I have a J diamond from WF and it's very white - and so is this rock!!

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! It s a beautiful stone! Which setting did you decide to go with in the end?

SgrPlum12

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! Daisyoz, I ended up going with their "Fine Line" setting in 18k white gold. I love it! I think the band is the perfect width for me and the height of the stone is at a perfect height. And I really admire the basket style.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Looks amazing!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, excellent choice!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! You got a great size in a great mounting - well done!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's beautiful! J's are my favorite color :)) Love the elegant solitaire on your finger, too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. :love:
Bright and white!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Positively yummy!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfect, no hint of color!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone! J!! firstly, congratulations on your engagement!!! wishing you many happy happy years!! and secondly that is one gorgeous ring.. BLING!! (I know it's overused word but it does rock! with bling).. love it...

:love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!! :love: :love: :love: Perfect size, too!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and looks wonderful on your hand!! Congratulations! Looks icy white too. The solitaire thread awaits you lovely new engagement ring...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and looks great on you! Also, your J is very white (I'm a J owner as well ;)) )! I'd love to see some other angles!! CONGRATS to you!! :appl: :appl:

SgrPlum12

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!! Congratulations aren't quite in order yet since the ring is now tucked away safely in its box until he proposes officially but I appreciate it immensely. Hoping it will happen soon.

Here are a few more angles for you all. The warmth is certainly visible from the side but that's because I know what to look for. Most people probably won't notice it because they won't be looking for it. And if they do, that's fine, because I just love this diamond and I love the value that it provided! We had been considering an I color that was the same size, an ACA but a grade down in clarity and it was $3000 more. We also considered a similar H that was $4000 more. My boyfriend almost purchased one of these other two but I couldn't justify spending that much more on something that wasn't drastically different. Face up they would've looked exactly the same. From the side I do notice the slight warmth but I call it "personality"'

image_1041.jpg

image_1040.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and looks like a real sparkler. Enjoy.

jramy278

Shiny_Rock
Yay very pretty! I'm glad the J worked out for you! Congratulations in advance!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond in a classic setting :appl: Looks huge on you! Congratulations ( I did see you don't get to wear it quite yet, but I hope you will soon!)

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, love the setting. What type of band will you be wearing with it?

SgrPlum12

Rough_Rock
I'd love to pair it with the look of an eternity band, but without diamonds all the way around. Somewhere between 4 and 8 pointers. I like the look of shared prong bands or maybe U prong. Not sure yet, but I know I want more bling in the band! Thanks for asking!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks super icy white to me! Great choice.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, can't wait to see what band you pair with it!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing! Congrats! :lickout:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I am a sucker for a simple solitaire... it's beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement. :appl:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! I'm trying to decide on WF ACA J or I color for some studs.....thinking I may try J first :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results