shape
carat
color
clarity

Blonde Hair v. Brown Hair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like I''ve made too many posts in the last few days... Yeesh... I promise this is the last "topic" for a while
5.gif

I change my hair color quite a bit... usually every six months it is different... and I''m never consistent. I go between light blonde, dark blonde, and brown. Currently I''m at the "dark brown fading to light brown with really f-ing long roots" stage. My family/FI/Friends keep asking what color I will be for the wedding... and the truth is- I don''t know!

1) I''m naturally dark, ashy blonde which looks rather gray (yuck)
2) I''m trying to grow my hair out so coloring it at all scares me...
3) I *think* I''d like to be blonde, though.. which means I need some highlights now-ish, and some highlights a month or so before the wedding. It will be a process to lighten my hair to the level I''d like.
4) I will not be TAN for the wedding, but will have some color... not 100% pasty
5) Wedding is in December

So yes, I''d like some input. I''ll post a few pictures... and DO be honest!

Disclaimer: Forgive any bad hair/makeup/piercings... these are from "the college days"... so... yep...

blonde2.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
More blonde... a liiittle bit darker

blonde3.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Darker yet...

medblonde1.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Dark... sorry that it''s pulled back

brown2.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Last one... Brown again...

Thanks for any suggestion/input/opinions!!!!

brown3.jpg

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Okay I am normally a big fan of brown, and alsmost always prefer people dark haired than light haired, even if they''re naturally blonde.

BUT! You are an exception it seems! I really think the second picture would be stunning for a wedding. However, I think the third picture suits you the best for day to day wear.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Hm, I lied. I looked at it again and I really think that light blonde in the second picture is the winner! It looks great! I like it with the skin tone you had in the second picture. I think blonde looks better with lighter skin.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
you can rock all of them. which do you feel is most YOU? that''s how i decided when i was in your shoes. most of my life i was blond, but as i get older it was getting darker, so i went dark. come time for the wedding, i went back blond, because even though i hated the upkeep [and the cost!], i was a blond inside and that''s how i saw myself in my head. so i wanted to be blond in all those preserved pictures, videos, etc. on our wedding day.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooooo I know your dilemma well

I love the last one. The brown is so so cute. I do really like the blondest pic as well.

I have been going darker too! and now with my wedding only 2 months away I feel i want to be blonde for my wedding because that is what I was for soooooooooooooooooooo long.

Good luck with your decision and I think Jcrow is right
How do you see yourself inside? Blonde or brown?

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i think you look great either way.

does your fiance have a preference?
i hate to even say that. i''m so NOT into altering your appearance your make your boyfriend/fiance/husband happy, but if you are completely up in the air about it, it seems his opinion would be the 2nd most valuable.

i''m leaning toward the blonde, but i kind of feel like it''s because that''s what was posted first! hah.
if you were having a summer or spring wedding i would say for sure blonde. but since its winter... maybe the darker would be more season appropriate? i dunno... that sounds just silly.

this is coming from someone who knows nothing about hair coloring at all!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
100% the blonde. It makes your features pop and your brown eyes look gorgeous!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 8:12:56 PM
Author: jcrow
you can rock all of them. which do you feel is most YOU? that''s how i decided when i was in your shoes. most of my life i was blond, but as i get older it was getting darker, so i went dark. come time for the wedding, i went back blond, because even though i hated the upkeep [and the cost!], i was a blond inside and that''s how i saw myself in my head. so i wanted to be blond in all those preserved pictures, videos, etc. on our wedding day.

Ahhh... yes. This is a good way to think about it. Until high school I was a straight-up blondie, but it has been nearly 10 years now that I''ve experimented with darker colors. I do feel that I''m leaning towards blonde, but I think it''s because I''ve been darker since early fall & I''m starting to get sick of it
3.gif
The damage associated with bleaching/highlighting scares the begeezes out of me, though, especially since I''m trying to grow my hair a bit longer.

Momma Pils is rooting for blonde. FI is rooting for brown. Haha... I''ve got to say, though, that I always feel that my blonde hair photographs better, usually because the color is more dimensional. Perhaps I''ve answered my own question...
2.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one, but not the ALL BLOND. I''ve never been a huge fan of that anyways, but you look cute anyways! What are you wedding colors, that may make a difference! Certain color hair just doesnt look as well with certain colors if you understand what I''m saying...

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I was going to vote for # 2 or #3 (both blond), but the fact that your FI prefers brown, hmmm, that might make me choose brown.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the brown looks beautiful with your eye color and the most natural. And I''d lean that way knowing that your fiance likes it best, too! You look good in both, though!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:04:25 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Date: 3/29/2009 8:12:56 PM

Author: jcrow

Ahhh... yes. This is a good way to think about it. Until high school I was a straight-up blondie, but it has been nearly 10 years now that I''ve experimented with darker colors. I do feel that I''m leaning towards blonde, but I think it''s because I''ve been darker since early fall & I''m starting to get sick of it
3.gif
The damage associated with bleaching/highlighting scares the begeezes out of me, though, especially since I''m trying to grow my hair a bit longer.

Momma Pils is rooting for blonde. FI is rooting for brown. Haha... I''ve got to say, though, that I always feel that my blonde hair photographs better, usually because the color is more dimensional. Perhaps I''ve answered my own question...
2.gif

yes, i think you have decided. blond. and you know, you can always go darker after and work on the health of your hair then.
5.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think blond too. You look great with all of them though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Pils, you are so pretty! You look lovely in all the pictures, but I like you best as a blonde. The lighter hair sets off your features better, IMO.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I really like the brown it makes your features pop :), you look lovely as a blonde as well.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
You can''t go wrong either way but I like the brown the best. Plus darker hair is more dramatic for a winter wedding. If you could follow that reasoning?! I dunno!

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
I say #2!

I like you blonde blonde which is rare for someone with brown eyes!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 8:59:31 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
100% the blonde. It makes your features pop and your brown eyes look gorgeous!

Totally agree. The second photo is the best I think.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the blonde of the second picture.

You could always have your stylist do highlights and lowlights to give you the best of both colors. It's usually a good idea anyway as it gives it more depth and looks more natural in my opinion. I know very few "true blondes" whose hair is all the same shade, only the blondes who color seem to be.
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blonde picture 2 for me! And I normally prefer dark hair!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer your hair color in photos #2 and #4. You''re super cute and have no problem pulling blonde or brown off!
9.gif
I didn''t help you out any though...since the wedding is in December I might lean a little more toward the brown. I tend to go lighter in the summer and darker for Winter, myself.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The blonde color in the second pic is my favorite. It''s really flattering for your complexion.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:11:57 AM
Author: vespergirl
The blonde color in the second pic is my favorite. It''s really flattering for your complexion.
HUGE DITTO!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
TOTALLY the blond from the second picture.

I mean, you''re gorgeous in all of them, but I feel like many others that it complemented your features the best :)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
First, decide on the style you want for your hair...

Blonde will show more definition in the style.

I perfer you dark/dark

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely, hands-down, LOVE your hair in #2 (light blond)! I normally go for brown, but on you the light blond is gorgeous. It makes you look very soft and romantic, very bridal. And it also makes you look like Izzy Stevens from Grey''s Anatomy.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results