shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling tats

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know there are 'general' tattoo threads, but I am curious if anyone has any that specifically have diamonds or gemstones in them. DD sent me this one below in her tat surfing. It's pretty incredible, though much bigger & ornate than what I was considering getting done ~ my birth month constellation, but with diamonds or gemstones in place of 'stars'. The problem is that I wanted it on the top of my foot, and it would probably be too small to detail the stones. I may look to do it elsewhere, but not sure yet.

Anyone have any 'bling tats' to share? I'd love to see pics and get a sense for how small you can go and still see the detail.

* pic removed as the wrong one uploaded.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: I don't know WHAT is going on, but I tried to post the bling tat picture below. I even previewed it before posting. :confused:

img_15409.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1488545873|4135917 said:
:lol: :lol: I don't know WHAT is going on, but I tried to post the bling tat picture below. I even previewed it before posting. :confused:

I see a picture of Monnie's daughter and nice in front of a fountain... ?

KIDDING!!!! :lol:

That tat is pretty amazing! I don't have any but if I decide to get one the person who executed this is who I want to do it! Do you think they could do double claw prongs on all the stones though and use single cut melee? :cheeky:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1488547661|4135926 said:
JoCoJenn|1488545873|4135917 said:

I see a picture of Monnie's daughter and nice in front of a fountain... ?

KIDDING!!!! :lol:

That tat is pretty amazing! I don't have any but if I decide to get one the person who executed this is who I want to do it! Do you think they could do double claw prongs on all the stones though and use single cut melee? :cheeky:

LOL this time, it actually posted one of my saved 'looney-liberal' memes. :D

You may need to ask Victor for a quote, if you want it done right. :lol:

I don't know who did this one though; just an internet find by DD, who seems to think I have a bling obsession for some reason. :whistle:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. I would never do that but the detail is incredible! Even down to the shading and stone cut.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Dee sees the fountain pic.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
That is a gorgeous tattoo! It makes me want to go out and get a bling tattoo now!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is (an example of) my birth month constellation I thought about getting; maybe I can do rubies for the stars/points. :think:

ETA: Commentary re: accuracy of the descriptors is not necessary. :snooty: :lol:

img_15412.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been thinking about getting a basic 2D diagram of a diamond as a tribute to my lapidary hobby. My other tats relate to music and fishing and it's been years since I have felt that sting so I think it may habe to be done at some point!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To start, I read this as 'bling tarts' and was intrigued lol.

I don't have any tattoos, but have wanted one since I was 18 or so. I'm just a) a complete and total pain wuss, and b) can't think of anything I really want to have on me forever. I LOVE that one you posted jenn, just stunning. Thinking about how long it must have hurt makes me cringe though!!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Not a tattoo fan, but the one you are cinsidering, Jenn, seems a great choice.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Considering.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jordy: I think that would be an awesome tribute! Do you have any ideas drawn up? I originally wanted OEC diamonds for the stars in mine, but they'd be too small to get the detail right in a lighter color.

Telephone & Anna: Thanks! I actually have a pretty high threshold for 'pain' (probably from living with it for so many years). One of mine even tickled while I was getting it. :lol:

I found these ruby tats, but nothing 'small-ish' yet.

img_0518.png

img_15443.jpg

img_15444.jpg

img_15445.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want the Krupp diamond tattooed on my finger

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results