shape
carat
color
clarity

Blaze diamonds by Bez Ambar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
During the recent JCK Las Vegas show, I tok the opportunity to personally examine this relative newcomer to the square cut family of diamonds. Especially in the smaller sizes, under 0.10ct, these stones have quite a lot of dispersion and stand out from other cuts when pave'' set in groups. There is a realationship in appearance with old mine cut diamonds and my speculation in an earleri thread on this topic proved that my thinking was in the right direction about how light would react if diamonds were cut to have more dispersion.

Mr. Ambar has promised to supply me with a few samples for testing and photographing in the near future which I hope to share with the Pricescope community. The interface with Bez Ambar and Pricescope is a very enthusiastic young fellow named Ian Roy. I believe it will be beneficial to study this material and cutting style further.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw I do agree with him on large virtual facets for small diamonds are better.
Which is the stated concept behind the design.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello Dave, is it similar to the Opposed Bar Cut done for gems?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results