shape
carat
color
clarity

Blah...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

Just got back from the most amazing weekend in the Bahamas. My BF took me there for my birthday and the trip was WONDERFUL…

Is it wrong that I’m sad that he didn’t propose this weekend? In my head, I knew it wasn’t going to happen now…. But still, in there was a little, tiny, part of me that was hoping it would happen.

Just kind of in a funk, I guess.

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
No, it''s not wrong. I would probably feel the same too. Hang in there.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
not wrong. How is the job situation? Tell us about your trip!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
How AWESOME that he took you on that fantastic vaycay for your b-day!

Keep up the hope... maybe your ring wasn''t ready. Maybe he has something special planned at home.
31.gif

Did you guys talk about it before?

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the understanding.... I think I''m just in a post-relaxing-trip-back-in-the-real-world funk. BLEH!

The trip was awesome. He worked so hard to give us the best trip we could have, and we did everything that we loved. Snorkeling reefs (we brought our own equipment) sailboat rides, a nice hotel, lots of drinks, and just getting away from it all. Life has been so stressful lately it was so nice to turn off our cell phones, stop worrying about where we are going to be in 4 months and just enjoy ourselves. We went to a nice restaurant on the beach and he asked me what kind of things I would like at our wedding.... That made me smile and I told him I had my ideas, but I don''t talk about it because I don''t want to "jinx it". He laughed at me and we talked all through dinner on how we would like our wedding to be. We talk about being married all the time, but we never really talk about the wedding! I love talking about our future.. and I couldn''t help but ask in a sly way when he thinks this wedding would happen.... he just smirked and went back to his food. (He is giving me NOTHING... and it''s driving me nuts!) So our trip was wonderful... which probibly is why I''m in a funk now. At dinner last night we were sitting looking out into the ocean talking about what a great time we had and we both talked about how much fun we have with each other. I have such a great time with so many people, but I always have so much fun with him. I guess that the point of it all, right?

I''ve been waiting to post about the job situation until it was concrete... He got a job offer on Friday for a local PR firm here in Miami! It''s a great entry-level job and he would LOVE it... and we wouldn''t have to move. But it make a lot less money then the other job so we are still waiting it out. Also on Friday he got a phone call from the man who interviewed him on the North Florida job... he was drafting the offer letter and had to get it approved by his boss then he would send it to the BF. (Hopefully we will get it Tuesday or Wednesday) So basically he got two offers in one day! (It was a great way to leave on our mini-vacation) We still don''t know if they are going to come back with our desired income with the North Florida job... so we wait. And it is so nice to know that this other Miami job will be a great back up. Big budget cuts have been made in my company and they are cutting 56 positions.... my dream for a transfer keeps on getting smaller and smaller. I have to be prepared that I may have to move without a job... which I hate the idea of. I''m such an independent girl and I hate the idea of giving that up for a bit. But I keep on looking at this as an adventure. It truly is exciting...nerve-wracking--yes, but exciting non the less.

We will know by this Friday which job we will choose (It''s so weird to use the word we even though it is his job! haha) And I''ll let you all know as soon as I find out. I''m just ready to see the way our life is heading...

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Bliss, we have talked about it. It is going to happen... and from what one of my friends let slip, it may be happening sooner then I thought (yeah!). And he does have a plan... what it is, I have no idea.

I know it will happen within the year. But the way he has been acting lately makes me think that it is in the works, at least. So maybe even in 6 months? I don''t want to get my hopes up though... so I''m sticking with the year. I know he wants to get me the ring that I''ve always wanted... but honestly I think it''s way out of our price range. I hope he isn''t holding out for the lottery! haha

I don''t know why I thought it might happen this weekend. Maybe just from the way he has been acting? And with all of the new job/relocation stuff in the mix I know he is thinking about it more.... So we will see.

I''m so happy I have this website to talk to you all! I don''t talk to anyone about this stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results