shape
carat
color
clarity

Blacksand

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there MARRIED lady! I hope your day was magical and you felt totally amazing in your princess wedding dress! How does it feel to be a Mrs?

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It's been a totally overwhelming few days! The rehearsal, the wedding, and then Christmas with all our family and friends. But I'm back! An it was amazing. A whirlwind, but an amazing one. And honestly, almost every detail was perfect. The ones that weren't perfect I didn't even care about. It was so amazing to have all of my favorite people together in one place that nothing else mattered.

We were so stressed and exhausted already by Friday that I wasn't sure I would make it through the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. But we did, and all went well. The food was delicious, everyone liked their gifts, and pretty much everybody cried (including me) when I made speeches for each of my bridesmaids. I bawled like a baby talking about my MoH. And so did she. I went back to the bridal suite that night with one of my bridesmaids (the only one who is single!), while DH stayed with my brother. I actually slept well! I had been so nervous about the rehearsal dinner speeches that I felt relieved when it was all over. I was hardly nervous about the wedding at all!

Saturday morning came, and from then on it's a bit of a blur. It was such a whirlwind of activity and emotion, but it was great. It was a very busy day from 7:30 AM onward, but we pulled it off! The bridesmaids came in the morning to have their hair done and get ready in the bridal suite. I was worried about the breastfeeding moms in the group, but they managed to work out their schedules so they could still be there for most of the morning. I thought everyone's hair came out gorgeous. And they looked so pretty in their dresses! They all seemed to like the pearl bracelets and [faux] fur wraps I got them, too. They looked beautiful. Getting my dress on was challenging to say the least. One of my bridesmaids had assured me she knew how to lace my corset, so I asked her to do it. She did it backwards, and the dress just did not feel right at all. So then I had six bridesmaids sitting on the bed in my bridal suite looking up YouTube videos on how to lace a corset. Lol. The photographer was very patient with us. Anyway, it took three of my girls to finally get me laced up. I still think it was a little tighter up top then it should have been (yeah, I will have some back fat in the pictures), but oh well. We were behind schedule at this point, and I felt bad for making them lace me up twice! So we put my veil on and I went outside for the first look. I was so nervous to see DH. I had no idea what he would think of my big frouffy princess dress and long veil. Was it all too much? Well, he loved it, and he still says that was his favorite part of the whole weekend. I hope the photographer got some good pictures!

The ceremony was wonderful, really a million times better than I imagined. I had been upset about the room we had to use for the ceremony (we had to use our reception dining room for the ceremony, then move to another room for cocktails and come back again for dinner, which was NOT what I had asked for), upset that I couldn't have my dream church wedding, and unsure about our officiant. Well, our officiant was AWESOME. The room was set up beautifully (it looked totally different all set up for a ceremony, and then they changed it completely for dinner!). Everything about the ceremony was so sweet and personal. The officiant remembered everything we ever told him about ourselves and found ways to work these details into the ceremony. He ended by having all of our guests repeat after him to officially pronounce us husband and wife. Everyone got such a kick out of that. All of our guests got to marry us! I loved it. After that, we ran off to do my bustle. We had LOTS of problems with my bustle. I think we did it and redid it 4 times. The first few times it just wasn't fastened right. Then we finally got it right, but one of the loops broke. I don't know, it was a mess. I was upset for about 10 seconds, and then I moved on. There was so much happening that it just didn't matter. Oh well! We went up for the cocktail hour and greeted guests. And it's all just a blur after that: grand entrance, first dance, dance with Dad, his dance with mom, the toasts, dinner, and lots of dancing. So much happening it was hard to take it all in. But it was great.

My dad was awesome on air guitar when we danced to The Who! The cake was amazing! The groomsmen danced around in storm trooper helmets! My bridesmaids were absolutely wonderful. We had ZERO no shows. Everyone who RSVPed was there. The DJ was great. Everybody loved the wish tree and wrote some beautiful messages for us. Ok, so I may or may not have hit my little cousin in the face with the bouquet I tossed...oops! But she recovered and was thrilled she got to keep the flowers.

The only real unfortunate thing is that quite a few of our attendees, including ourselves, ended up getting sick shortly after the wedding. I think there are just a lot of things going around this time of year, and we were all in close quarters all weekend. DH has a bad cold, and I am recovering from a little stomach bug and have a little cough. So we still haven't really unpacked or even really processed all that has happened. I can't believe we are married! I can't believe we pulled it off. I have lots of stories to tell and hope to have pictures to share soon. For now, just one preview from our photographer. This one was outside, in my fur-trimmed cloak:

560766_10151168464910814_441349280_n.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
You look AMAZING! Can't wait to see more pictures!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful picture! I am so happy to hear that everything turned out so well! I cannot wait to see more pictures! :appl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, you look like Snow White in that cape with your lovely dark hair...FABULOUS!!! :love:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I'm SO glad you had an amazing day!! More pictures, please!! The one you posted is gorgeous!! :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
That fur cloak is so luxurious looking!! Bummer that you guys were sick...hopefully you are feeling better and enjoying married bliss!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies! You are all so sweet.

StacylikesSparkles|1356628858|3340801 said:
By the way, you look like Snow White in that cape with your lovely dark hair...FABULOUS!!! :love:

We are big Disney fans, so I take that as the highest compliment! Thank you! I thought of the scene in Beauty and the Beast when they first start to fall in love. Belle is wearing a fur-trimmed cloak and they are playing in the snow. I couldn't stop playing the song in my head while I had the cloak on!

I have no pro pics, but I do have some talented cousins who got great pictures they just sent me today. I only have low-res files, but they got some great shots!

My mom lifting my blusher

Mom and Dad give me away

Just married! I don't like how I look in this picture, but I love how my husband is looking at me! I teared up when I saw it.

First dance. Snowflakes on the dance floor!

737181_10200299914279649_224151344_o.jpg

mom_kiss_2.jpg

736387_10200299919199772_1325870435_o.jpg

3893_10151147277296331_1517159777_n.jpg

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
First dance continued

Dancing with my daddy! First a slow song...

And then rocking out to the Who! Love my dad on air guitar!

407569_10151147277466331_926157207_n.jpg

150646_10151147277506331_340132289_n.jpg

735956_10200299925319925_1491411996_o.jpg

406137_10151147278066331_1243514828_n.jpg

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Eating dinner with my new husband!

Throwing the bouquet...

...which hit my little cousin square in the face! But she was happy with her prize!

See? She recovered!

I hope to have more to share with you soon!

294088_10151147278086331_2131772946_n.jpg

738300_10200299937400227_385125351_o.jpg

738386_10200299938040243_705251484_o.jpg

1356232334-599602.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Your pictures look amazing! I can't wait for more!!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, TOTALLY seeing Belle in that cape now! But you look just amazing and like you were having the time of your life! Congrats on becoming a Mrs, lady!! :appl:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You and your new hubby looks so happy together! Everything was beautiful! Can't wait for more pics :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results