shape
carat
color
clarity

Black tie event this evening...help me choose right hand bling!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
We have a black tie event this evening. My dress is on the plain side so I’m trying to liven things up with bling.

Can I wear these two rings together? I guess two questions: one, does this look good, or would it be obnoxious?

And two, would this pose any risk to the eternity if the shank of the cocktail ring rubbed or hit the stones?

If you wouldn’t wear both,, which individual ring should I wear? My dress is black, very fitted with white accents and big statement bell sleeves. Other jewelry is pretty classic: studs (5.3 mm) with diamond jackets, and pendant in an Art Deco target style—diamond center and onyx halo. Tank watch.

Here’s the thread on the big cocktail ring:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-miss-emma.243396/

The eternity is a CVB Norah and I owe you all a SMTB thread (but no time today). It’s still new. 4.672 ctw, 4.3 mm, ideal cut stones (you can see arrows in all of them!).

910FFD05-8FF0-42C0-A8EA-92CFBD3EF41F.jpeg B973501B-79CC-431F-BD25-BCFDA5CD0EEF.jpeg

Attachments

• 118D062E-9D8D-48A2-A651-117F3B6914B3.jpeg
    118D062E-9D8D-48A2-A651-117F3B6914B3.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 19

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both so pretty @Tonks! :love: If it was me I'd wear the cocktail ring by itself. It just looks so glamourous, and I think it will be a nice contrast to your elegant and simple dress. The two rings together are just a bit too much to my eye. But OTOH if you love the look of them together, go for it! And have a good time tonight!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings @Tonks :kiss2: I’d wear the cocktail ring on one hand and the band on the other. That way it works best I think. Have fun tonight!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The big one. Just don’t do what I did for my black tie event tonight :lol::eek2::lol:

9F7A877B-3B6F-4AB2-BB38-BE5BD0379EF0.jpeg

Accidentally took off the middle of my right eyebrow

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The big one. Just don’t do what I did for my black tie event tonight :lol::eek2::lol:

9F7A877B-3B6F-4AB2-BB38-BE5BD0379EF0.jpeg

Accidentally took off the middle of my right eyebrow

Oh no @whitewave I hope it doesn’t hurt. And it’s nothing a little eyebrow powder can’t help camouflage if you can tolerate makeup over it. Sending you healing hugs and hope you still enjoy this evening’s affair.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
They are both so pretty @Tonks! :love: If it was me I'd wear the cocktail ring by itself. It just looks so glamourous, and I think it will be a nice contrast to your elegant and simple dress. The two rings together are just a bit too much to my eye. But OTOH if you love the look of them together, go for it! And have a good time tonight!

That was what I was leaning towards until I picked Emma (the cocktail ring) up from being sized yesterday. I was wearing the eternity and put Emma on my middle finger just to take her home, and the woman helping me commented I should wear them like that. It had honestly never occurred to me before. But she was insistent that it looked awesome so I thought I’d ask. I may just not, though.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous rings @Tonks :kiss2: I’d wear the cocktail ring on one hand and the band on the other. That way it works best I think. Have fun tonight!

Wish I could,@missy but my hands are different sizes and both rings are sized for the right hand. I will wear my wedding set on the left. I’m leaning towards just the cocktail ring on the right because I wear the eternity every day....

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @whitewave I hope it doesn’t hurt. And it’s nothing a little eyebrow powder can’t help camouflage if you can tolerate makeup over it. Sending you healing hugs and hope you still enjoy this evening’s affair.

It doesn’t hurt. The red was leftover from a peel and it’s gone now. The missing eyebrow :lol: will get filled in. Thanks

@Tonks both rings are gorgeous and I would try to wear both if possible

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooooooo! Omg, I’m so sorry, @whitewave

Thanks. I’m laughing about it today. What else can I do. Thankfully, I hardly have evebrows anyway— it should fill in pretty easily.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I’m laughing about it today. What else can I do. Thankfully, I hardly have evebrows anyway— it should fill in pretty easily.

Do you have an Ulta near you? Or a Sephora? Look at Anastasia brow products. They are seriously amazing and I’m sure they have something that can help camouflage until it grows back.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I could,@missy but my hands are different sizes and both rings are sized for the right hand. I will wear my wedding set on the left. I’m leaning towards just the cocktail ring on the right because I wear the eternity every day....

Yes to the cocktail ring then if you can only wear both on one hand. I think the cocktail ring is for more special occasions if you have to choose and will look amazing with your simple classic black tie dress. :kiss2: Diamonds go with everything you know. :kiss2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have an Ulta near you? Or a Sephora? Look at Anastasia brow products. They are seriously amazing and I’m sure they have something that can help camouflage until it grows back.

I have some, thank god. I have a spoolie too so I should be ok.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the cocktail ring - I vote for it by itself. And I’d love to see pics of your onyx target pendant when you have a chance. Have fun!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the cocktail ring - it's bright accents on a dark background, which perfectly matches your black dress and other bright accents :))

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That cocktail ring is TDF! Let it shine on it's own, I'd say

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote cocktail ring by itself! Its pretty flashy and should get lots of attention!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love multiple rings on multiple fingers.

I say wear them if you like them together, and not if you don't.

Wink

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the pendant and ring - onyx sets off diamonds so beautifully!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go, @lissyflo ! Fresh out of the ultrasonic!

Pendant has a matching ring. Both are Simon G and platinum.
2DBD3979-633C-4759-B5D7-7672447DA510.jpeg 4363A2C8-A223-4B60-AE7A-AFBD9C2940D8.jpeg 72FA659C-010D-45FF-A939-5CBA1E74EAAE.jpeg 00DC1D78-2589-4AB1-8E21-EC0B02E8E390.jpeg

Beautiful!:love:

Did you have a wonderful evening @Tonks? Hoping you had a lovely time and I am sure you looked gorgeous. :kiss2:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!:love:

Did you have a wonderful evening @Tonks? Hoping you had a lovely time and I am sure you looked gorgeous. :kiss2:

Thank you, @missy !

Yes, we had a wonderful time. It was a really well done ball. Beautiful dancing all throughout (they had professional dancers performing through the evening), lovely dresses. Based on the live auction and what I saw of the silent auction, they raised a lot of money, too.

All in all, a great evening.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look amazing together, why not, it’s a black tie event, no better time to bling it on I say!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to tell you all—I ended up wearing both rings! And it was awesome and so sparkly.

After @Wink weighed in, I told my husband what he said. And my husband said, “Well, wear them both. If Wink thinks it’s ok, do it.” :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results