shape
carat
color
clarity

Birkins anyone?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is pinkish purple her natural hair color?

Last edited:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Interestingly enough these bags go for so much money on second hand sites!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Hermes bags are very elegant - especially the Kelly! - but I can't justify the astronomical prices nor playing the "game" to get access. I've also moved away from designer bags in general. I was crazy into Balenciaga and Celine back in the day and had a healthy sized collection, but I sold most of them about 6 years ago. I think I have 2 Bals and 2 Celines left, which I only use occasionally. I also have an ancient and very worn-out Chanel that I bought off Ebay 15 years ago but have never used even once. These days I'd rather use simple nondescript bags for everyday wear (think army surplus satchels and Etsy leather bags) and save all my pennies for jewelry. 8)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is pinkish purple her natural hair color?

Ok. So I know this because my daughter follows him. He identifies as a gay male who enjoys hair and make up etc.

He has a whole empire/thing but he has also been in a lot of trouble lately regarding slurs and racism I think.

She and I watched his break up video from his bed, etc.

Lotta drama with him.

Clearly he loves pink.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am intrigued by them. Why the obsession and exclusivity? Marketing strategy? I would be so paranoid when I use it. $10K for a bag. I could not let anyone even breathe on it. I think the smaller Birkins are so charming, but they are ridiculously expensive and hard to get. If I had a chance to buy one around the $3K range, I would. At $10K, I would get jewelry.

I always think about the time my son spilled an entire cup of coffee on a brand new purse. It's a lot harder to destroy jewelry.

I might as well add some of mine here.
FEC89226-3C20-41FD-B164-3C3EB13C9F07.jpeg BE310AC0-3D98-4F99-AE31-D1463B78D6D9.jpeg 30013A42-84C6-4194-A060-392A95EE4A76.jpeg D88B714F-FDF6-4F82-BA8D-654DBBB72280.jpeg

That's quite the collection! The pinkish purple is fabulous.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interestingly enough these bags go for so much money on second hand sites!

That's the only way I could get my hands on one I'm sure.

@jaysonsmom @GliderPoss

CardiB and her collection keeps popping up in my newsfeed. And according to Saweety if a man can't buy you a Birkin he's not worth having around. So it would certainly appear that the bag is a must-have in the rap world, making it even more desirable to the average person.

Last edited:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always think about the time my son spilled an entire cup of coffee on a brand new purse. It's a lot harder to destroy jewelry.

That's quite the collection! The pinkish purple is fabulous.

Thank you, Doberman:D

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@doberman coffee on a new purse?! Was it totally ruined?

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@doberman coffee on a new purse?! Was it totally ruined?

Basically yes. There was a stain on the leather. I cleaned it up as well as I could, but the purse was never the same. If that happened to a $15k purse I'd probably have a heart attack.

Sigh...there's a lovely red Birkin on Tradesy for $9k. But my husband thinks the prices of my LV purses are ridiculous. If I showed him a Birkin he'd think I've lost my mind.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you all say this is a birkin knock off?

D301C122-22A7-48B7-A88C-F5C8EF96CB1F.jpeg

I kind of like it (Not this color) but I’d never be caught dead in a knock off of a very expensive purse.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

I kind of like it (Not this color) but I’d never be caught dead in a knock off of a very expensive purse.

It’s more like the Hermès Kelly than the Birkin IMO.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. DH is snoring ridiculously loud, so I just ordered some Bose white noise ear plugs and am doing my usual rounds around the internet. Lol.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock

Nope, Kelly, very classy!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, me too. 3:16AM ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

He won’t get a sleep study because he said he won’t wear a cpap. I wear a cpap. So I was like to heck with this— it’s going to cost what it’s going to cost for me to get a good night sleep.

The ear buds are only for sleep or noise cancel and they were $249 at Bose.com. I bought them through my United account and so I think I got 5 miles per dollar.

I might also get a pair of headphones for music too and whatever the hell else I want lol.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s 2:34 right now where I am

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
He won’t get a sleep study because he said he won’t wear a cpap. I wear a cpap. So I was like to heck with this— it’s going to cost what it’s going to cost for me to get a good night sleep.

The ear buds are only for sleep or noise cancel and they were $249 at Bose.com. I bought them through my United account and so I think I got 5 miles per dollar.

I might also get a pair of headphones for music too and whatever the hell else I want lol.

That sounds like a fabulous solution. You'll have to let me know how they work. I've thought about buds. I have large noise cancelling headphones for flights, but sleeping in them would not work.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds like a fabulous solution. You'll have to let me know how they work. I've thought about buds. I have large noise cancelling headphones for flights, but sleeping in them would not work.

I’ll keep you posted.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock

I have the sleep buds and am a big fan. I had the original version and just got the new one--I already loved the first gen and the second is even better. They do a great job of blocking sound, and are very comfortable even for a side sleeper. I still wake up to my alarm, but street noises and snoring don't get through.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the sleep buds and am a big fan. I had the original version and just got the new one--I already loved the first gen and the second is even better. They do a great job of blocking sound, and are very comfortable even for a side sleeper. I still wake up to my alarm, but street noises and snoring don't get through.

Oh good to know, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results