shape
carat
color
clarity

Birkins anyone?

I absolutely love my birkins -- the style is just perfect. I was one of the fortunate people who never had to deal with games. My first purchase from a boutique was an ostrich birkin and I got a barenia shortly after that, without making any other purchases. As much as I love them, though, I would not have spent the money if the store made me feel like a desperate supplicant. It's a lot of money, and it should be a happy experience!

Oh a exotic leather Birkin would be so cool. Im sure yours is gorgeous. I think if I ever did get one it would have to be the classic orange (preferably with YG/RG hardware) because it’s so iconic. Definitely with you on the “it should be a happy experience” bit. I mean, if you enjoy the game by all means go for it, but I wouldn’t. It’s the same reason I wouldn’t go to a jeweler who made me jump through hoops or was super difficult to work with, either.

Their perfume is glorious imo. Especially their Hermessence line. Yummmm.

I’m with you on the games re getting a Birkin. Not for me.

I almost always use the same perfume - I’ve been a No 5 girl for years on end so I’ve never tried Hermes perfumes.

I guess some people hold a different attitude towards Hermes, in that they just go and buy a bunch of things because they like them and would buy them anyway, so the whole Birkin game doesn’t annoy them. It’s definitely a wildly successful business model for Hermes. But as someone who doesn’t loveeeee everything Hermes, I would definitely have to buy a bunch of stuff I didn’t want to “earn” my Birkin, and that’s what puts me off. I have heard though that some stores are easier than others to just buy something off the shelf, so there’s that!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Madam Bijoux , are you my second cousin? I have a second cousin who has Birkins in every color imaginable!

Hello jaysonsmom:wavey: I’m afraid we’re not second cousins. I don’t have any relatives.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all of your opinions! Personally I'm not a big fan of the design, and t looks cumbersome to carry around. The price is insane, but then wearing a $40,000 piece of carbon is kind of insane too. My husband tolerates my mania for all things sparkly, but I know he'd freak if I started wanting a purse of similar cost. I have some designer bags, but they're LV and Burberry primarily. I may do a Chanel, I like the look of it.

@missy You are so stylish!

@Made in London

I have the multicolored Speedy! I love that design so I got one in black too.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hello jaysonsmom:wavey: I’m afraid we’re not second cousins. I don’t have any relatives.

You're right, I was just looking through her latest Birkin acquisitions....she has some crazy ones that I'm not seeing in your collection. I see a tri-color one, a lime-green and a teal ostrich one. Her side of the family is on par with the Crazy rich Asians movie family. They go to Paris several times a year, and come back with new Birkins every single time!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love my birkins -- the style is just perfect. I was one of the fortunate people who never had to deal with games. My first purchase from a boutique was an ostrich birkin and I got a barenia shortly after that, without making any other purchases. As much as I love them, though, I would not have spent the money if the store made me feel like a desperate supplicant. It's a lot of money, and it should be a happy experience!

I'm very happy for you that you enjoy them and love them. Your description is absolutely accurate, and made me LOL. :lol-2: Well said.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only Hermes I've ever had was a bar of soap.
Seriously.

While I was stationed in Europe in the 70s I traveled around on a Eurail Pass.
I bought the soap in Paris.

It had a remarkable and memorable fragrance, spicy but with distant floral notes.
By using it only rarely I made that bar of soap last years.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the beautiful pictures @Madam Bijoux. THAT NECKLACE ......THUD!!!!

I love your handbags. The black and Taupe bags with gold hardware are my dream bags.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Calliecake:D

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
I'm very happy for you that you enjoy them and love them. Your description is absolutely accurate, and made me LOL. :lol-2: Well said.

One of my friends has a wife who is crazy about the games. Apparently her and her mom primp and dress up so they look their best for their SA, and bring along "gifts" they slip him. It seems insane to me. At least her dad still funds her shopping--my poor friend could definitely not afford it!

@Madam Bijoux, your collection is lovely! Thank you for sharing!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh @Madam Bijoux those colors! Sooo beautiful & the leather looks so smooth and soft.
I would not pay those prices for a bag & the whole game turns me off, so I will enjoy yours vicariously!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock

How did you manage that?! o_O

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
How did you manage that?! o_O

Honestly, I think it was sheer luck -- I wandered into the boutique when I was traveling for business, and met an SA that I clicked with really well. We chatted, exchanged contact info, and next thing I knew, I was being offered kellys and birkins. I've since left the private sector to become a public servant, so my days of jetting off to NYC to buy birkins are sadly over. I love what I have, though, and am happy with my little collection :)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh @Madam Bijoux those colors! Sooo beautiful & the leather looks so smooth and soft.
I would not pay those prices for a bag & the whole game turns me off, so I will enjoy yours vicariously!

Many thanks!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I think it was sheer luck -- I wandered into the boutique when I was traveling for business, and met an SA that I clicked with really well. We chatted, exchanged contact info, and next thing I knew, I was being offered kellys and birkins. I've since left the private sector to become a public servant, so my days of jetting off to NYC to buy birkins are sadly over. I love what I have, though, and am happy with my little collection :)

That is so cool!!
Can we see pictures?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm too casual for a Birkin. Give me a Coach Rogue any day. Plus too much $$$$$ that I'd rather spend elsewhere.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
That is so cool!!
Can we see pictures?

PXL_20201030_012312075.jpg

Here they are :) It was shortly after I got the barenia that I decided to go into public service. While I am sad I had to give up my private sector income, I'm honored to be able to do what I do and consider it a worthy trade. The barenia is the newer faubourg version of the leather, and goes with everything. The feel and smell of the leather is wonderful, and makes me happy whenever I carry her. The ostrich is also a great neutral color but has a dressier feel, and the leather is light, super sturdy, and has interesting dimension to it.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh sooo nice! How is a Faubourg different from the regular Barenia?
That must have been a tough choice, but im glad it worked out for you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PXL_20201030_012312075.jpg

Here they are :) It was shortly after I got the barenia that I decided to go into public service. While I am sad I had to give up my private sector income, I'm honored to be able to do what I do and consider it a worthy trade. The barenia is the newer faubourg version of the leather, and goes with everything. The feel and smell of the leather is wonderful, and makes me happy whenever I carry her. The ostrich is also a great neutral color but has a dressier feel, and the leather is light, super sturdy, and has interesting dimension to it.

That black ostrich (black right?) with the palladium hardware is SUPER CHIC!!! If I had money to burn, I'd get one too (if they would let me). :lol:

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Oooh sooo nice! How is a Faubourg different from the regular Barenia?
That must have been a tough choice, but im glad it worked out for you!

The regular is smooth, while the faubourg has texture. Supposedly the faubourg will age beautifully like the smooth--so far, I have noticed a lovely patina developing, so fingers crossed it turns out as promised :) It is definitely a hardy leather like the smooth barenia. I think the texture helps it have less of an ugly duckling phase as well. I love the smooth, too, but was only offered one in a smaller size (b25). Barenia, to me, is more of a casual leather, which I don't think is suited to a smaller birkin, so I had to turn it down.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
That black ostrich (black right?) with the palladium hardware is SUPER CHIC!!! If I had money to burn, I'd get one too (if they would let me). :lol:

Thank you! I loved her as soon as I saw her :) She is actually graphite, which in non-exotic leathers is usually a super dark gray (bordering on black).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results