shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Mouth Shows the Bling. Finally.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most of the long term PS folks know that I am a neurotic headcase and that I carry a 30x loupe and
all that jazz. You will all be pleased to know that I only a few times a week after cleanings (OR after a
whack), and I wear them almost every single day, obviously not to sleep, shower, cook, work hard or
whatever…but I have mellowed. A bit.

If you have not seen this thread, here is a refresher, sorta, on my bling. (many thanks to Tacori, btw!)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-friends-upgrade-from-gog.127588/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-friends-upgrade-from-gog.127588/[/URL]

The short version is that my rings got stolen along with my purse almost exactly two years ago, at the
gym because I am a gigantic airhead. I had my massive meltdown on the gym parking lot, and in the
police car they let me sit in to call insurance and all that in since it was air conditioned, but with all
the drama surrounding them, it was probably good that that karma was taken away. I do miss that
diamond…so ... much. I have yet to track it down though at any pawn shops. So I hope it’s new owner
loves it.

My insurance helped me replace it with a slightly bigger and better Star129 (I got the 1.13 discussed in
that thread and returned it, and passed on the 1.18 that is also mentioned), which is now set in a Vatche
Royal Crown. I have to thank David Kodner here in STL for his help with the Vatche. He really helped with the ordeal that became of it, and Mr. Vatche himself made it. I had a Signed Pieces Raphael band
that I also repurchased a replacement of after the theft, and recently had it reset, though after a few
attempts, it still wasn't quite what I was looking for, mostly bec the stones in the raphael were just too
big to me (5pts ea) and took too much away from the solitaire for my liking. So David Kodner and I worked
out a trade for a Martin Flyer band that was much thinner with 1.5pt stones.

So...that's a lot of hot air I just blew out, and I know you all just want pics! And I noticed when lurking
that there is or was a poster recently who also had a Star from GOG, and I hope she (I assume it was a
she?) comes back again to show it off more. I think the specs were similar to mine.

Specs:

1.15 H VS1 Star129 stone, purchased from GOG set in a Platinum Vatche Royal Crown, handmade by Mr.
Vatche himself (no, seriously! I haz the proof!). Width is 2.3mm.

OLD BAND is my facets diamonds 5pts each, 10 stones, set in plat. I traded that for the
NEW BAND (as of today!) is a Martin Flyer micropave band, 1.9mm wide, with 15 1.5pt stones

Plain band is 2mm (I think it's actually 2.1) Stuller, the only remaining item from WF that I own.

Here is a pic of all three (ering, old band, plain band):

And just the ering and the old band. You can see here that it was a little too big in width AND in size.

Last one with hte old band:

allthreeovercast.jpg

clearhandshot.jpg

amerings.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
a few more...

ameflyerhandshot.jpg

ameflyerfirewholehand.jpg

ameflyerfire1.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
few more

ameflyerfire2.jpg

ameflyerfire3.jpg

ameflyerfire4.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last set!

ameflyerfire5.jpg

ameflyerstack.jpg

ameflyerstack2.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
And my studs:
Kwiat brand, purchased from Nordstrom during Anniversary Sale last year
.33ctw (.16ish per ear)
Set in Platinum, with Platinum backings (had to special order those backings!)

ameearshotkwiats.jpg

amekwiatsboxshot.jpg

amekwiatsbox2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I like the new band a lot better with your solitaire! Great choice. Your set is lovely and works so well together now. I'm so sorry about the theft of your original set.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU! I like this MUCH more. I liked the other, it just took too much attention away. I really just wish when I'd replaced the original band, I wouldve gone with the smaller one I almost got. I don't know why I went so much wider. So remaking it smooth on the sides definitey added more width. I just have to decide if Ill keep with the plain band or not... HMMMM

And also, Thank you about the theft, it was one of those...it had to have been the Universe. Because i NEVER would do such a thing otherwise, the ONE time I do, bam, robbed. I had my meltdown, and I am good.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1313802039|2994685 said:
THANK YOU! I like this MUCH more. I liked the other, it just took too much attention away. I really just wish when I'd replaced the original band, I wouldve gone with the smaller one I almost got. I don't know why I went so much wider. So remaking it smooth on the sides definitey added more width. I just have to decide if Ill keep with the plain band or not... HMMMM

And also, Thank you about the theft, it was one of those...it had to have been the Universe. Because i NEVER would do such a thing otherwise, the ONE time I do, bam, robbed. I had my meltdown, and I am good.

:tongue: You were entitled to a melt down. We had a theft out of our house 3 years ago... they got a lot of my jewelry but not my diamonds. I still had a huge meltdown. ((HUGS))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! Hugs to you!! THAT is traumatic. I would have moved out immeidately, and DH knows that. THANKFULLY no one broke in here, though there were policemen stationed out front for a few days just to make sure, since they got my license, my housekey, etc. They also thankfully didn't use any of my cards, just the other person's they robbed. So I was able to get that closed no problem. It was so freaky. I had nightmares for a long time. I STILL give myself crap for it. I totally set myself up. But now I have new rings with slightly less drama and now all is right in the world. I hope.

I need to donate some to the starving children in africa. Or in the city here.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Ame, I am sorry about your stolen set, that must have been awful. But your new set is STUNNING!!! I LOVE it! :love: :love: I totally think you did the right thing trading your old band for the new Martin Flyer band - it complements your stone perfectly and man, it sparkles! You've taken some great pictures there! :appl:

Getting back to your other 'spacer thread', now that I see your new set has very sleek, clean lines, I do think personally you`re better off with your current 2mm plain band, which looks perfect with your rings, as the 1mm spacer would definitely not be 'invisible'.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU!!! I think it's PERFECT now. David actually tried to get me to go with this width before and I couldn't talk myself into ti but when I saw a prototype again with my ring it made sense. I owe his saleswoman (is that her title??) a total high five too. She worked with Flyer and got it DONE!

Yea now that it's all on the screen and I can see it, I think you're right. I may get two to sandwich the flyer band for a slimmer set sometime tho...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1313802306|2994688 said:
OMG! Hugs to you!! THAT is traumatic. I would have moved out immeidately, and DH knows that. THANKFULLY no one broke in here, though there were policemen stationed out front for a few days just to make sure, since they got my license, my housekey, etc. They also thankfully didn't use any of my cards, just the other person's they robbed. So I was able to get that closed no problem. It was so freaky. I had nightmares for a long time. I STILL give myself crap for it. I totally set myself up. But now I have new rings with slightly less drama and now all is right in the world. I hope.

We did move out immediately. Grabbed our cats, the mattress set and our valuables and some clothes. Left everything else there until the movers could come and moved right into a much safer apartment. I'm so glad they didn't hit your house too! I donate to our anmal shelters.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Oh ame, the proportions of your new set are just perfect, with and without the spacer. It looks great on your hand also. I think another Flyer band would give you so many options. (There's always another birthday, anniversary, Christmas next year.)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Ame, your set is absolute perfection! The royal crown is one of my favorite solitaire settings and I love yours with the thinner band :love: :love: :love: I'm sorry that your original was stolen but hopefully you love this set just as much!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Ame, your new set is :love: :love: :love:
In fact all your sparklies are!!! :appl:

I remember when I first joined PS I would find your posts when I was researching topics and I was sad to see you were no longer posting. So whilst you don't know me I am delighted to see you back!!
:wavey:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I am really sorry to hear about your old set.

the new set is just :love: though...the proportions are perfect and it looks lovely on your hand. Love the royal crown setting!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yea ame! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!!! Cokitty, I am psyched we're showing off at the same time.

AND thank you also, Susimoo :) I am back. I hope I don't disappoint. hehe I ruffled a few feathers back in the day. I might still be very ...ruffly.

Funny getting a 2nd band is mentioned....I do wonder if Ill get another one of these one day..sandwich the ering...Hmmmm

Gypsy|1313804227|2994715 said:
ame|1313802306|2994688 said:

We did move out immediately. Grabbed our cats, the mattress set and our valuables and some clothes. Left everything else there until the movers could come and moved right into a much safer apartment. I'm so glad they didn't hit your house too! I donate to our anmal shelters.
OMG that's exactly what i would have done. That's unbelievable. I hate people. They just think they deserve everything even if it means to take what isn't theirs.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will come as no surprise that I love your new rings :love: ...since we have very similar taste!!! You may recall that I got a Memoire band with 10 pointers and decided that it was too much with my e-ring! So I got the 2mm Legacy band with tiny diamonds and I like it SO much better!

I also love the plain band in the middle! I was trying to wear a plain band that was my mother's between mine, but when I had it resized, it just sat too low compared to the other two rings and didn't look right (for some reason I think you will get what I mean!). So I may wait for metals prices to go down before trying that idea again! Don't go with a 1mm spacer...I think you would feel the way I did with my smaller one.

diamante-girl

Rough_Rock
Hi ame,

Beautiful new set! :love: Just beautiful!! :appl:

I think the flyer slimmer look goes perfectly with your new e-ring, the old one was a bit too chunky. The flyer is delicate and nicely complements the width of the other 2 rings, like they were made for each other. I love that the new one is so sparkly too.
Wear them in good health and good luck for many, many more years to come. :saint:

I'm sorry to hear about the theft. I know how it feels. In 1999, I had my purse stolen at the gym too. It was also a wrong place wrong time moment. I had my lock on the locker and it was having some trouble latching. From looking at it you couldn't tell it wasn't latched. I would never do this, but that day I was late for my class and ..... (the gym was part of a hospital and guards were always roaming around. I had EVERYTHING in my purse, fortunately not my jewelry, but; drivers license, credit cards, SS Card (a big no-no), house keys, car keys, checks, a prescription and irreplacable items like photos of my folks when they were teenagers + first dating (no negative), a keychain with a poem that my husband wrote and had engraved on it and other items. I only had $10 cash in there. I never dreamed that would happen. I was devastated! Meltdown city!!! I had never had anything stolen before! I just couldn't believe it!

The police and security people were very nice and searched the parking lots and grounds. I was hoping the the thief would take the cash and CC and dump everything else. Nothing was ever found. I had to go thorough all the red tape; closing accounts and canceling credit cards and so on. We changed the locks on the house, and were very watch full from that day forward.

I learned not to carry all my possessions in my purse and esp my SS card. Now my purse travels light. To this day we believe they took the cash and dumped the purse, maybe in the trash. Thank heaven that nothing has come back to haunt me. I'm just sad I lost the irreplaceable items though. :((

Again, gorgeous new set :love: and many hugs for health and good fortune! XXX =)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1313806983|2994757 said:
I think it will come as no surprise that I love your new rings :love: ...since we have very similar taste!!! You may recall that I got a Memoire band with 10 pointers and decided that it was too much with my e-ring! So I got the 2mm Legacy band with tiny diamonds and I like it SO much better!

I also love the plain band in the middle! I was trying to wear a plain band that was my mother's between mine, but when I had it resized, it just sat too low compared to the other two rings and didn't look right (for some reason I think you will get what I mean!). So I may wait for metals prices to go down before trying that idea again! Don't go with a 1mm spacer...I think you would feel the way I did with my smaller one.
I appreciate that input! The various heights of the rings was part of what bothered me about that wider band. It stuck out a lot. This seems just about perfect! I am so glad you love!

I LOVE your Legacy band. I considered that style also before we went with this one.

diamante-girl|1313810886|2994800 said:
Hi ame,

Beautiful new set! :love: Just beautiful!! :appl:

I think the flyer slimmer look goes perfectly with your new e-ring, the old one was a bit too chunky. The flyer is delicate and nicely complements the width of the other 2 rings, like they were made for each other. I love that the new one is so sparkly too.
Wear them in good health and good luck for many, many more years to come. :saint:

I'm sorry to hear about the theft. I know how it feels. In 1999, I had my purse stolen at the gym too. It was also a wrong place wrong time moment. I had my lock on the locker and it was having some trouble latching. From looking at it you couldn't tell it wasn't latched. I would never do this, but that day I was late for my class and ..... (the gym was part of a hospital and guards were always roaming around. I had EVERYTHING in my purse, fortunately not my jewelry, but; drivers license, credit cards, SS Card (a big no-no), house keys, car keys, checks, a prescription and irreplacable items like photos of my folks when they were teenagers + first dating (no negative), a keychain with a poem that my husband wrote and had engraved on it and other items. I only had $10 cash in there. I never dreamed that would happen. I was devastated! Meltdown city!!! I had never had anything stolen before! I just couldn't believe it!

The police and security people were very nice and searched the parking lots and grounds. I was hoping the the thief would take the cash and CC and dump everything else. Nothing was ever found. I had to go thorough all the red tape; closing accounts and canceling credit cards and so on. We changed the locks on the house, and were very watch full from that day forward.

I learned not to carry all my possessions in my purse and esp my SS card. Now my purse travels light. To this day we believe they took the cash and dumped the purse, maybe in the trash. Thank heaven that nothing has come back to haunt me. I'm just sad I lost the irreplaceable items though. :((

Again, gorgeous new set :love: and many hugs for health and good fortune! XXX =)
Thank you so much!

Yea the purse thing...I was just so stupid. So so so stupid. I think I was lucky that most of what was in there was replaceable and just was annoying to deal with. We are extremely vigilant with our credit and the like, but this stepped it WAY up.

I still carry a huge bag but I have a lot less in it, and especially in the wallet, despite that also being huge. I only keep the necessities and easily shut off stuff with me. All the cards I don't need that day or week go in the lockbox, we have copies of everything in a safe deposit box, in my parents safe and in the lockbox here. I might be a little overzealous...

But when it's happened to you, it changes your mentality. I don't trust people anyway but this made me 10x worse.

Thank you all for your lovely words and thoughts, I am SO glad that the ring came today and is perfect and that you all agree!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, i really love your new set! The proportions of all the rings together look perfect! And i really like the stack :appl:
I'm so sorry about what happened to you :nono: I can understand that it must have been a traumatic experience but i'm glad that now you left that behind and you are enjoying your new rings, yay :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your set Ame!!! Welcome back girlie!!!! :appl: :appl:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Ame, congratulations and welcome back! Your new set is both graceful and classic! :love: Great earrings too! My engagement ring is a Kwiat, and I have been very pleased with it. :bigsmile:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Ame! Your new set is perfect! Love love love the martin flyer band! I had eyeballed those Kwiat earrings at the anniversary sale myself for a few years! They look beautiful on you!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! :wavey:

natyLad|1313822303|2994866 said:
Ame, i really love your new set! The proportions of all the rings together look perfect! And i really like the stack :appl:
I'm so sorry about what happened to you :nono: I can understand that it must have been a traumatic experience but i'm glad that now you left that behind and you are enjoying your new rings, yay :appl:
Thank you! I reallllly love this new ring.

Traumatic really is the right word, I am thankful it was JUST that, and not them showing up at my house or anything, but it still really was. I still obsess about it a little, but I definitely have moved on better than even I expected. I was ruined for a while. I almost didn't replace them. I mean that was a fleeting though but it still was a thought!

Dani|1313849737|2994955 said:
LOVE your set Ame!!! Welcome back girlie!!!! :appl: :appl:
THANK YOU!!! It's good to be back! :wavey: I think I finally love my set too! The ering was never the problem, just couldn;t get the band quite right til now!

Alistra|1313851074|2994974 said:
Ame, congratulations and welcome back! Your new set is both graceful and classic! :love: Great earrings too! My engagement ring is a Kwiat, and I have been very pleased with it. :bigsmile:
Thank you! I love the words graceful and classic, especially that first one as it applies to nothing else about me. haha!!!

I really like the earrings. I would never have gotten the Kwiats if not on a whim. They are very nicely cut too, definite arrows, and no visible inclusions without a loupe, which I am also surpised about. I didn't own any studs that were real, not that I really wear them often anyway, but I decided to go for it. And I was extra glad I did it during the 3x points or whatever it was bec I made major scratch on those Nordstrom Rewards certificates hah!

luv2sparkle|1313851476|2994978 said:
Congratulations Ame! Your new set is perfect! Love love love the martin flyer band! I had eyeballed those Kwiat earrings at the anniversary sale myself for a few years! They look beautiful on you!
Thank you! I dreamt about it all night. Slept with it next to my bed. lol

I really like the studs. And the fact that they were platinum also. I was going to get them a few years ago and couldn't convince myself to do it. Last year we had gotten me a nice Michele watch but the strap was for like a microhuman or a small child so I returned it, and had that money burning a hole in my wallet. When I walked by the tiny display I decided I had to get them. I was so glad that I did when they showed up. Very well made, very nice stones :) IF I go upgrade them through Nordstrom I might just go up to the half carat total size. I am not a big studs kind of girl.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are lovely and go great together. I am sorry about what happened though, that is awful. I like your earrings too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much! It all worked out for the best, I'd say :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results