shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Bird yellow; lab FIY diamond

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm both excited and mad at myself. I was NOT going to buy another diamond. I was just looking around kicking tires. I fooled around and fell in love. I need more sunshine in my life. I am setting it into a simple double claw white gold solitaire. I do appreciate the fact lab diamonds are so much more affordable. I may reset it in the future, but for now, I just need to bring it home to think about it. It is a 1.01ct, 5.78 X 5.74 X 3.54 MM.

Do you ever buy a diamond on impulse?

proportions.gif

video (1)a.gif

Last edited:

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I'm both excited and mad at myself. I was NOT going to buy another diamond. I was just looking around kicking tires. I fooled around and fell in love. I need more sunshine in my life. I am setting it into a simple double claw white gold solitaire. I do appreciate the fact lab diamonds are so much more affordable. I may reset it in the future, but for now, I just need to bring it home to think about it. It is a 1.01ct, 5.78 X 5.74 X 3.54 MM.

proportions.gif

video (1)a.gif
I love colour! It's beautiful. I usually do not buy on impulse(will have a project in mind in my head, but I am constantly 'searching'...) Enjoy!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and your introduction, “fooled around and fell in love” :lol:
What a great color!! Can’t wait to see it set!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love colour! It's beautiful. I usually do not buy on impulse(will have a project in mind in my head, but I am constantly 'searching'...) Enjoy!!!
Thank you very much! It's fun to search....until you find something you didn't need :)

I love it and your introduction, “fooled around and fell in love” :lol:
What a great color!! Can’t wait to see it set!
Thank you. HA, you know, I could throw open the cabinets that are my jewelry hoard and that song would be fitting :)

She's beautiful, full of lemony goodness!

Thanks Straccri2000, and loved the video :)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely colour.
I often buy on impulse, nothing wrong with that if it’s not at the expense of more important financial considerations.
enjoy.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

proportions.gif

video (1)a.gif

Not yet, but dang if you didn't just give me #goals to aspire to! I do really want a bright primary yellow diamond some day.
*Edit to add that I LOVE your diamond, can't wait to see that lovely on your hand.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful color! I can see why you fell in love!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I switched settings this morning. Mockup of the solitaire using computer screen grabber and a yellow highlighter.
bigbird2.gif
shot1.gif

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Such a lovely colour.
I often buy on impulse, nothing wrong with that if it’s not at the expense of more important financial considerations.
enjoy.
Thanks, @Bron357 , that helps. I guess everything is in perspective.

Not yet, but dang if you didn't just give me #goals to aspire to! I do really want a bright primary yellow diamond some day.
*Edit to add that I LOVE your diamond, can't wait to see that lovely on your hand.
<3 Big Bird, baby. I kept visiting to see if I still loved it. The 'primary' yellow part was the catch for me too. I look forward to showing it - after the 17th, I think. Hope you find your yellow too. This was from Ritani.

What a beautiful color! I can see why you fell in love!

Thank you, Kim

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Looking at the cert, this is a fancy vivid, not fancy intense. I can't read well. Anyhoo, it should be in Tuesday.

Last edited:

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Looking at the cert, this is a fancy vivid, not fancy intense. I can't read well. Anyhoo, it should be in Tuesday.

Video is gorgeous. Where did you find this? Most fancy yellow lab diamonds I’ve seen on the market lately have been orangy or not vivid.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
On Ritani. My absolute favorite stalking ground. Most don’t have videos but this one did and the color just hooked me. Thanks. The symetry was just "very good”, but since it is a colored diamond, I didn’t care.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@MelloYello8 To get there, go to lab diamonds lab, search and then on the color filter, select yellow diamonds. It's rather hidden.

I don't see anything else at the moment, There are a couple of dark colors about 3cts, but no more bright yellow.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-15 151015.gif
    Screenshot 2022-05-15 151015.gif
    293.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Ha there’s definitely nothing even close to the one you are getting. Amazing find. I am lucky enough to have a lab yellow too but I found it years ago when they seemed to be a bit more common. I think lab diamond growers have transitioned to mostly making CVD white diamonds. I’m pretty sure a lot of the ones that are intentionally grown yellow are HPHT. GIA also mentioned seeing less yellows from HPHT over time, back in 2017.

https://www.gia.edu/gems-gemology/fall-2017-observations-hpht-grown-synthetic-diamonds

“We predict that in the coming years most HPHT synthetics will be blue or colorless, with fancy pink and fancy yellow colors available but to a lesser extent.”

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Ha there’s definitely nothing even close to the one you are getting. Amazing find. I am lucky enough to have a lab yellow too but I found it years ago when they seemed to be a bit more common. I think lab diamond growers have transitioned to mostly making CVD white diamonds. I’m pretty sure a lot of the ones that are intentionally grown yellow are HPHT. GIA also mentioned seeing less yellows from HPHT over time, back in 2017.

https://www.gia.edu/gems-gemology/fall-2017-observations-hpht-grown-synthetic-diamonds

“We predict that in the coming years most HPHT synthetics will be blue or colorless, with fancy pink and fancy yellow colors available but to a lesser extent.”

Thanks for sharing the article. Well, huh. An interesting transition in the market. My incoming is HPHT. I'll keep an eye there over time and if I see any more, I will let you know. I have also found a rosecut and a crisscross diamond within Ritani's diamond listings. Fun to search.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

proportions.gif

video (1)a.gif

Welcome to my life <3 congratulations! I can't wait to see her in person!!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi All
Yes, there is a scarcity of natural looking yellow Lab Grown diamonds....
Plus, a lot of the photos posted are not accurate.....
I have not seen a natural looking Lab Grown Yellow diamond much larger than 1.50cts. Even 1ct Natural Looking LG yellows are super rare....

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi All
I have not seen a natural looking Lab Grown Yellow diamond much larger than 1.50cts. Even 1ct Natural Looking LG yellows are super rare....

Thanks for popping in @Rockdiamond . I wonder why the yellow (not yellow oranges) are so hard to find/scarce. It seems like it would be popular.

Hope this one does not turn out to be an inaccurate color with the video.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes...post- production pictures from Ritani. It arrives tomorrow. Relived, it is looking saturated yellow. I am pretty excited. I keep editing this to try not to appear obnoxiously giddy. I'm failing.

16144-1 (002).jpeg 16144a (002).jpeg

Last edited:

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Hi All

I have a >1.5 Ct lab grown yellow that doesn’t look natural- it looks better. Natural yellows don’t typically have strong yellow fluorescence.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The. delivery. is. late. GGGGGAAAHHHHHHHH

....it's okay, really

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I’ve had a couple of seizures over the past ten days. I don’t have epilepsy but I do take an anticonvulsant for bipolar disorder. I have an MRI scheduled for Wednesday. I wont see a neurologist until after the MRI. I have also developed this funky tremor.

Have any of you just started having seizures out of the blue? When I look at Dr. Google, the options are really frightening.

I have a >1.5 Ct lab grown yellow that doesn’t look natural- it looks better. Natural yellows don’t typically have strong yellow fluorescence.

Mine does not have fluorescence.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Mine does not have fluorescence.
Ah! Your soon-to-be diamond will be a better dupe for a natural one than mine! I wonder if the technology has changed to make it so they look more natural.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Strong Yellow FL on a Lab Grown?
Interesting....does the report specify the color?
IGI has a habit of just grading the strength of fluorescence without mentioning the hue.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Strong Yellow FL on a Lab Grown?
Interesting....does the report specify the color?
IGI has a habit of just grading the strength of fluorescence without mentioning the hue.

Yep, report here:

Attachments

• 9D38821E-EE54-4668-ABFE-BA77358BFA97.jpeg
    9D38821E-EE54-4668-ABFE-BA77358BFA97.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 13

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting!!

It was 6 years back- in the "pre-historic" times for LG diamonds:)
Here's a more recent IGI wich omits the hue of the FL ( it was orange)

In looking today, I do see the fl grading is inconsistent- with some of the IGI reports mentioning the hue, and others do not.
Another aspect I've noticed- there are a lot more Lab Grown Yellow Round diamonds, as opposed to fancy shapes...especially in larger sizes.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
While I am sitting here sipping wine and waiting on FedEx, I went on the hunt to read about lab yellow diamonds. Crickets....very little out there about buying lab yellows. I'm beginning to realize I may have lucked out on this diamond. Plenty of lab yellows to buy, but not the same thing as learning more.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Package delayed. It was shipped overnight. Now it is slated for tomorrow.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The camera is inconsistent, but the color is bright like the first picture.
In the sun it goes dark
Sunshine
Shadow

F3E738A2-3112-45F8-BE63-BA0E1976D9B8.jpeg 930F7880-0CEA-409C-871D-32A1122FC9F0.jpeg 515C5215-95C0-45C6-811E-CAEC60660C5A.jpeg
SUnshine

Attachments

• 995CCD3C-2679-496A-8239-A53792034778.jpeg
    995CCD3C-2679-496A-8239-A53792034778.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 31C75F1A-57EA-4341-8AD5-1C9431755969.jpeg
    31C75F1A-57EA-4341-8AD5-1C9431755969.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results