shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Halo CADs have arrived: your opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

uwphysmed

Rough_Rock
Here''s the file that I sent to Lesley and Brian, basically looking for a delicate halo-style ring along the lines of a Tiffany, but with a pavilion area which would accommodate a flush-fit wedding band (not to mention without the Tiffany price):

Ring Inspiration2.JPG

uwphysmed

Rough_Rock
And now the CAD. As usual there''s the 15% extra metal on the rendering, but I''m pretty happy with this as a first draft. The only points I want to follow up on are:

* That the transverse mounted diamonds where the culet meets the shank are indeed slightly recessed in their bezel, to prevent rubbing.

* That the finished slope of the halo as it falls away from the center stone isn''t too steep: this is tough to gauge with the extra material and will likely just fall to Brian''s (excellent) sense of aesthetic.

Ring898.jpg

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Other than a little flatterning and minimizing of the bezel metal rim, I think the setting looks FABULOUS.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks BEautiful!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous!! Can''t wait to see the real deal!

uwphysmed

Rough_Rock
Yah - I''ve been assured that the lip is just an artifact of the material required to set the center stone, it will be dropped flush and milgrained when finished. Just waiting for Brian to check that the halo is in fact still going to be mostly flat, rather than sloping away steeply from the center stone as it appears in the CAD - all the extra metal skews my perception of lines a lot it seems...

mariel

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that''s really pretty, I love it!!!!

uwphysmed

Rough_Rock
I was still up in the air on a few things, then these arrived in my mailbox at midnight last night...

20091110_2572.jpg

uwphysmed

Rough_Rock
Pavillion area

20091110_2579.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results