shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD 4-prong or 8-prong earrings??

ctkrak

Rough_Rock
I sure could use some real world advice! I'm planning a pair of small diamond earrings for my third piercings, so they will be small, roughly .4ctw from BGD. I'm wondering if I should go with the 4-prong basket or 8-prong settings? Does anyone have either of these setting specifically from BGD? I'm wondering if one setting would be lower in profile than the other? Also wondering if the 8-prong setting would look ok with that small of a stone? Thank you for any input! Photos would be awesome!!

ctkrak

Rough_Rock
I would personally prefer milgrain bezels. I think that they look lovely, especially with smaller sized diamonds.

Oh, I wished I did like the look ... I ordered a pair of bezel set from BGD with a thinner bezel offering than their standard. I don't like them. They look clunky to me and now I am kicking myself for wasting a grand on something I won't wear and can't return. :(2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I wished I did like the look ... I ordered a pair of bezel set from BGD with a thinner bezel offering than their standard. I don't like them. They look clunky to me and now I am kicking myself for wasting a grand on something I won't wear and can't return. :(2

Sorry that didn't work out for you and you can try selling the earrings on Loupetroop or DiamondBistro if you don't think you will wear them.

For your BGD .4ctw studs I think 4 prong would look better. 8 prongs IMO look better on larger stones. But there is no right or wrong. It's what you prefer. Generally I prefer 8 prongs as it makes the diamond look more round vs 4 which might make it look more square. That is another consideration.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think 8 is too many for the size of the stone, but it's personal choice.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0.4ctw - as in 0.2ct each?

Those are very small stones. There won't be sufficient space for eight distinct prongs... and stones that size will look square on the ears from any real-world viewing distance in four-prong settings.

I would recommend either three-prong martinis or bezels (my preference, to ditto @SimoneD).

misslili

Rough_Rock
I would do 4 prong for the new .40 ctw studs. I think 8 prong will be too much metal. Good luck!

Let me know if you decide to sell the BGD bezel set studs. I have been looking for a pair for my daughter :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results