shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezeled OEC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''''m not currently looking for a stone, but I''''m making a mental list of projects and I just have a quick question.

Would a bezel on an OEC minimize light return too much? I know it cuts down the amount of light that can reach the stone, which would obviously affect the amount of sparkle and flashes of light you get from it, I just don''''t know if it would affect it enough to make it not worth doing. I know Jewels by Erica Grace sell pendants that are bezeled OECs, but I''''m thinking that we generally want/expect more light return from rings since we can actually see rings all the time. So would it be worth it to bezel an OEC for a ring, or should I really be looking at prong settings?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
If your OEC doesn''t leak much light it should be just fine. If I remember, Erica had an OEC she changed from prong set to bezel set, and she described it as making the stone look a bit steelier. (If I''m remembering that right!)

If you are pretty sure your OEC is well cut I''d set it however you want. (I intend to bezel one of mine someday soonish.)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This varies from stone to stone. My OEC is quite well cut so bezeling had no effect on the light return. If it isn''t well cut (light leakage), then prong set is best to allow light to enter from the side of the stone.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, that''s what I was hoping for. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results