shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel/Semi Bezel for OEC diamond? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 8:48:48 PM
Author: CBL
Oh my lord, this is going to become an obsession--and it started out so innocently!

Ellen, thank you! I looked through the antique threads, and here is my problem with (some) antique rings--they are just a bit too ornate for me. They''re beautiful, but I think the reason I like the Sholdt so much is that it''s so clean and simple. Maybe it''s a problem that I have an antique stone and prefer the more modern settings?

I actually do really love the James Meyer settings; my feeling is that custom work from him would be outside my budget, but I''m not really sure. ''Budget'' is not a well-defined word in my case, anyway; it''s not like I have much discretionary cash, but at the same time, I want a setting that lasts. Anyway, I just emailed Jim so we will find out if that''s worth pursuing!

From browsing I actually found a halo I like-it''s from Blue Nile: http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-platinum_7813?filter_id=1&collection_id=236. The thing is, it''s prong set, not bezel. I haven''t seen very many simple ones like that, where there is the ''halo'' of diamonds, but the shank isn''t also covered in diamonds.

Ack, I can tell this will end up being a process!

23.gif

Here is a Van Craeynest), which is very delicate and has great details without being too ornate. It is also very sturdy and excellent heirloom material.

I know this ring is antique and you said you''re into a more modern look, but you also didn''t seem that interested in full bezels and halos when you first started this thread; so, if you''re anything like me, you''ll end up choosing a ring you fall in love with regardless of the style.

VC could also custom make any of their solitaires with semi-bezels instead of prongs (check out their catalog). I''m recommending VC because I''ve witnessed first hand their flawless workmanship and excellent customer service (my e-ring and wedding band will come from VC).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results