shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel or 6 Claw Prongs - Transitional AGS N 1.41

smg

Rough_Rock
prongs.jpg prongs 2.jpg sholdt bezel.jpg

I am purchasing a Transitional cut N 1.41 VS stone from Love Affair Diamonds (first two photos are of actual stone and setting - bezel is white gold option with 1.78 stone) and am going back an forth on a setting. I am leaning toward rose gold - will be a right hand ring. My engagement ring is a .5 round brilliant bezel set (avatar photo) in 14 K unplated white gold.

(Photos attached from Erica)

Thoughts on which to choose? I am always drawn to bezels - but the 6 prong is vintage and I like the idea of having a vintage stone and setting and something that looks different from my other solitaire. I know this all comes down to personal preference - but do people think that the size bump that bezels give outweighs the beauty of delicate claw prongs?

thanks everyone - I have waited for the day to have a larger diamond and am so excited and have looked at so many options that I am currently unable to make a decision!

Shannon

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if bezels are what you are drawn to and like wearing, you should set it in a bezel. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Reactions: smg

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2:I vote bezel!!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My only reservation against recommending the bezel is that you mentioned that this is intended as a RHR. I assume that at times you will be wearing both rings at the same time. Would you feel less inclined to wear them together because it is so similar in style to the ER? I guess the same arguement could be made if you decide to set the stone in a setting that you are not really drawn too. :wall: I am no help, LOL:mrgreen2:

Beautiful stone!

smg

Rough_Rock
My only reservation against recommending the bezel is that you mentioned that this is intended as a RHR. I assume that at times you will be wearing both rings at the same time. Would you feel less inclined to wear them together because it is so similar in style to the ER? I guess the same arguement could be made if you decide to set the stone in a setting that you are not really drawn too. :wall: I am no help, LOL:mrgreen2:

Beautiful stone!
My exact issue!!! Do I get something similar because I like what I like - or do I purposely get something different and then risk not liking it as much? I think the answer is get the bezel with the milgrain like suggested. And I will wear them both :dance: I wish it was easy to pop diamonds in and out of settings at will lol.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My exact issue!!! Do I get something similar because I like what I like - or do I purposely get something different and then risk not liking it as much? I think the answer is get the bezel with the milgrain like suggested. And I will wear them both :dance: I wish it was easy to pop diamonds in and out of settings at will lol.

Does it have to be a solitaire? Can you choose a bezel setting that has a little more "oomph" to it, so it has a different feel than your ering?

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
I'd do an assertive and decorative bezel, to differentiate from your ER. Maybe even a faux bezel with prong-set diamond? (My rationale: more likely to change my RHR diamond someday than my ER, and if I love the setting, would prefer to rebuild prongs and replace with a colored stone than destroy a bezel!)

I've loved the CVB Astrid since it came out...

Screenshot_20190109-121319.png

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm a bezel fan, I find them so easy to wear. Prongs drive me nuts, always with the lint
( or getting caught in my hair!) So bezel vote here. Lots of antique rings have bezeled old cuts, its not a new setting style!

smg

Rough_Rock
I personally would not get two rings that are almost similar to wear at the same time but that is me.
I would put it in maybe a "fake" octagonal bezel or maybe a bezel with claw prongs.

See if any of the settings from this thread appeal to you.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-frames-the-center-stone.245813/#post-4478356

Congrats on your new stone...its really pretty!

Thank you! The link brings me right to the ring I’m now considering!! So funny I reached out to David Klass after
Posting this and asked for a quote on the rose gold and white illusion square setting that he just posted on Instagram. I think that is the winner - different yet vintage feel and gives the bezel protection!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the DK ring! I would not make a bezel exactly like your engagement ring. I think the DK ring can work better as and e-ring/right hand ring if you want to wear it sometime on either hand. I was going to suggest a bezel ring with more detail until I saw your last post!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! The link brings me right to the ring I’m now considering!! So funny I reached out to David Klass after
Posting this and asked for a quote on the rose gold and white illusion square setting that he just posted on Instagram. I think that is the winner - different yet vintage feel and gives the bezel protection!!!!
If you are referring to the two tone setting he posted yesterday, it is gorgeous! I think that is a great option. It stays within the aesthetic that you are drawn to, yet has a completely different feel. I think it would make a great RHR.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I love that one he put on IG yesterday! Claws and all. DK does great claws!

smg

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for the input it really helped. I received the below images from David Klass today - and I am so excited! I loved the setting from his Instagram post (it incorporated most all elements I lhave admired of other rings over the years into one piece) and had him add small diamonds on the marquis detail on each side of the center N transitional cut stone from Love Affair Diamonds. David used a couple of small diamonds from a ring my Grandpa gave me on my 21st birthday that broke - David also took the ruby from the center of that same ring to make a pendant I can wear everyday. He also fixed some engraving on my wedding band where I had to have the eternity made larger - so it will look like a true eternity ring again. I can’t wait for this package to arrive! I finally am in the antique diamond and 1+ carat club! CB04243B-B02B-4FE4-9544-8C022EF828C4.jpeg 2D914C2C-A5BF-4E3B-9F76-D4BB61D047EB.jpeg F83976A8-3573-4F51-8FAB-8B5D4AB558B9.jpeg 048C33EE-DD1A-482B-9353-24AD23243BB6.jpeg

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all for the input it really helped. I received the below images from David Klass today - and I am so excited! I loved the setting from his Instagram post (it incorporated most all elements I lhave admired of other rings over the years into one piece) and had him add small diamonds on the marquis detail on each side of the center N transitional cut stone from Love Affair Diamonds. David used a couple of small diamonds from a ring my Grandpa gave me on my 21st birthday that broke - David also took the ruby from the center of that same ring to make a pendant I can wear everyday. He also fixed some engraving on my wedding band where I had to have the eternity made larger - so it will look like a true eternity ring again. I can’t wait for this package to arrive! I finally am in the antique diamond and 1+ carat club! CB04243B-B02B-4FE4-9544-8C022EF828C4.jpeg 2D914C2C-A5BF-4E3B-9F76-D4BB61D047EB.jpeg F83976A8-3573-4F51-8FAB-8B5D4AB558B9.jpeg 048C33EE-DD1A-482B-9353-24AD23243BB6.jpeg

Beautiful! Can’t wait to see more!
Please also post photos of your pendant and band!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow that’s beautiful! Can’t wait to see hand shots! :kiss2:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love it! I bet you are excited!! :lol:
Would you share the pendant too? I'm working on a pendant I want DK to make, would love to see yours. Very special to use the stones from the ring your grandfather gave you!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh wow!!! Ring goals! It is stunning!!!!

smg

Rough_Rock
Oh, I love it! I bet you are excited!! :lol:
Would you share the pendant too? I'm working on a pendant I want DK to make, would love to see yours. Very special to use the stones from the ring your grandfather gave you!
Yes I will post photos of the pendant. David found a simple - standard yellow gold pendant for me - so not a design project. But I will share anyway! He was so lovely to work with can’t wait to see the results in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results