shape
carat
color
clarity

Beverley K sample: platinum or 18k?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I have the sample ring from Beverley K on my finger, and it''s beyond my expectations! I know this will satisfy my forever!! Now I just need to decide whether to order it in 18k white gold or platinum. What would you do, and why??

DSCN4502.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

DSCN4503.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

DSCN4501.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

DSCN4500.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

DSCN4499.JPG

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! If platinum is within your budget, I'd go with that.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

DSCN4498.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

DSCN4496.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

DSCN4497.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

DSCN4495.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

DSCN4494.JPG

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I would go Plat. I think how plat wears is perfect for that ring.

I love this ring.......I have not seen it but always have wanted too. I am really excited that someone on PS is getting it! What sz center are you putting into it?

Congrats!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
My center stone is 7.2mm, 1.4carats

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think either would be nice. I prefer white gold and it''s cheaper.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Platinum because the milgrain and pave work always seems to work better in platinum IMO. You''ll never lose metal and can always get anything reshaped. Since platinum is softer it seems to conform around pave better IMO...

And it''s gorgeous!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
THAT is a pretty ring. I love the dainty milgrain bezel and airline! Personally I would go with 18k, it''s stronger and cheaper, but in the end it''s up to you. Lovely!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had my new setting made in white gold because I wasn''t sure how I would get along with so many tiny diamonds. I wish I had gone with Platinum now. I like gold but prefer the weight of Plat.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the Plat! It''s a beautiful ring and I wouldn''t want to mess with the rhodium replating business with WG. What a gorgeous setting!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hi upgradable,
I don''t know if I already told you this (sorry if I did)
I have this Bev. K. ring and it has not held up well. It has lost several diamonds and gone out of round 4 times (so far)
It is platinum and is also micropave. The one you chose has a solid band, so you may not have any problems. I chose platinum thinking it would be stronger and hold up better, but I have since learned that platinum actually shifts easier than WG (I don''t understand the properties of metal too much). I wish that I never bought this ring in the first place, and regret having chose platinum. Just my experience, but I thought I''d share.

bevk456.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your candidness, iluvcarats. I''m sorry about your ring problems, but I think you''ve helped me decide on the 18k gold version.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I always hear about the "have to rhodium plate" issue with white gold. I think it must vary a lot with the individual wearers body chemistry? I have several white gold rings (some more than 16 years old now) and I''ve never had to replate anything?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 6:25:05 PM
Author: Upgradable
Thanks for your candidness, iluvcarats. I''m sorry about your ring problems, but I think you''ve helped me decide on the 18k gold version.

Your welcome! I didn''t want to rain on your parade, and your ring is gorgeous! Just wanted to let you know my experience.
35.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Buy platinum if you can afford it. It doesn''t show the wear and tear that gold does.

If it isn''t worth the price difference to you, buy the 18K. Either would make this a lovely ring.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 7:01:32 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 8/13/2008 6:16:38 PM

Author: iluvcarats

Hi upgradable,

I don''t know if I already told you this (sorry if I did)

I have this Bev. K. ring and it has not held up well. It has lost several diamonds and gone out of round 4 times (so far)

It is platinum and is also micropave. The one you chose has a solid band, so you may not have any problems. I chose platinum thinking it would be stronger and hold up better, but I have since learned that platinum actually shifts easier than WG (I don''t understand the properties of metal too much). I wish that I never bought this ring in the first place, and regret having chose platinum. Just my experience, but I thought I''d share.

Oh sad! Its one of my favorite Bev K rings.
7.gif

SDL:

I know, right? It''s so pretty!!!! for the 18K gold wearers: Are we talking white gold? And if so, has anyone had to get theirs rhodium-plated again, or maybe I should ask, does it begin to turn more of a buttery, slightly warm-ish yellow-gold color over time?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 7:41:56 PM
Author: Mediterranean

SDL:

I know, right? It''s so pretty!!!! for the 18K gold wearers: Are we talking white gold? And if so, has anyone had to get theirs rhodium-plated again, or maybe I should ask, does it begin to turn more of a buttery, slightly warm-ish yellow-gold color over time?
I have one ring that''s 18K white gold that''s 3 years old. I''ve not had to have it replated. The others are 14K and no replating there either.

Re the comment that platinum doesn''t show as much wear, in my case I would have to disagree. I have a platinum 5 stone that has a definite "patina" (nice word for fine scratches
2.gif
) that the gold rings do not yet have. Especially on the bottom of the ring. Not that it bothers me, but it shows much more wear than the gold rings.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can swing the price difference for platinum, I''d definitey choose platinum especially for something you cherish. I personally just love the look, color and weight difference of platinum. Also, platinum will wear forever. You won''t lose any metal when having your ring polished in the future. (When gold is polished, you lose a scant layer of metal each time)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Just a word on the white gold. I ordered a plain white gold cathedral setting from stuller for my ring. For some strange reason it came without ever having been rhodium plated at all. It was actually pretty, had a slight "warmth" to it, and I had people ask me if it was yellow gold or white gold. I thought it was a bit of a strange color, but kind of liked it. Then I had it shaped to match the band I''ll wear with it and the jeweler said, "well those two rings are just completely different colors!" He rhodium plated the ering and now they match perfectly. He also told me that the metal you lose from wear with white gold is pretty much just rhodium, and when they repolish it the rhodium gets replaced anyway. I don''t know how often I''ll ever have to re-plate it since I haven''t had it long. I guess we''ll see.
37.gif

That said, I may have chosen platinum if I didn''t already have a white gold band. I like both
1.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
IT WILL BE HERE ON FRIDAY!!!!!
emotion-19.gif
emgift.gif
emcocktl.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I cannot wait to see it! It is beautiful!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to see it either! Post pics ASAP pretty please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results