shape
carat
color
clarity

Better to have custom jeweler or diamond vendor set an upgrade diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it''s usually recommended on PS that customers get the stone set by the diamond vendor rather than the setting vendor because the diamond is the more expensive of the two. On the other hand, I''ve seen it recommended for Leon Mege settings to have no one touch the setting except Leon. Mine''s not a Leon, but if the setting is custom and somewhat intricate, is it still better to have the diamond vendor set an upgrade diamond? The head, and possibly the components on the sides of the head, would have to be modified to fit the new diamond.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I''d have whichever one is willing to take responsibility for the diamond set it. Sometimes the setting vendor will if the purchase is substantial enough, or if they don''t want anyone else mucking with their setting.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your advice, Richard. If the diamond vendor sets it, and has to modify the head to do so, will they generally take responsibility if they damage the setting in the process (i.e. make the side pave next to the head structurally unstable)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results