shape
carat
color
clarity

BestOldJewelry?

jysharma

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am thinking about buying a piece of antique jewelry from the etsy seller, BestOldJewelry. Her pieces are very pretty.
I was wondering if any PSer has experience buying jewelry from this seller?
Also, this will be the first time I am buying from Etsy. Any words of caution or tips?
Thanks

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have knowledge of this seller and she is new to Etsy. But, her store policies say she will has a money back guarantee within a reasonable amount of time. She describes the items well, but do note that the seller does not claim to be an expert (e.g., GIA graduate) and does not say she tested stones for the lower end jewelry... For the high end, she says that she has documentation. Not really unusual for antiques, but you should be prepared to get an independent jeweler to confirm the stones are as expected, if you are not comfortable with this. That could add some cost. I really like that her photos are nice and accurate. So, you can see where the stones have some wear and signs of use. No fancy lighting to hide the 'warts'.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her prices are high, but she is selling in Boca Raton, a high-end market. Pretty things!
I would do a lot of research on comparable pricing for any item you are considering.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's been on eBay since February 1998 (so almost from eBay's earliest days):
http://www.ebay.com/usr/brendaginsberg

If an etsy vendor has an eBay store, I've always opted to make my purchase through eBay. More orderly transactions system, and from what I've read, eBay is more responsive to buyers, in the event of a problem, than etsy headquarters.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results