shape
carat
color
clarity

Best way to clean a LOGR Pave? review/ upgrade or not on LOGR:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there, I just wanna share my experience with LOGR on their pave setting.

Well, I've 2 settings,

1st with upgraded to full-cut F color diamond melees (paid $4 more for F color instead of the usual H which is suppose to be their best) and 18 k wg.

The other which is the legacy without any upgrade in both diamond and gold, so it remain as single cut, SI diamond in 14k wg.

I have also had purchased a fully upgraded LOGR legacy sometime back but I had it returned.

Ist of all, there is absolutely no difference in their F color and H color full cut diamond. But any8way its just $4 more:)
and when you actually see upgraded full-cut and non-upgrade single cut. The non-upgrade appear much WHITER!
I had them checked at a local jeweller, he said that the upgraded diamonds are certainly of above average clarity and color (NOT TOP though) and the non-upgrade diamonds are ALSO FULL-CUT! But very low in clarity, probably I1? and that's the reason that makes it whiter. according to the jeweller he meant to say that there is not much of reflecting lights due to the I1 clarity, so the white is basically the body color and of cos it still sparkle, cos its a diamond afterall. In summary, unless you are always louping the melees, if not, in general condition the non-upgrade melees are good enough if not better:)

Next, there are no difference in terms of color for 14k and 18k wg. But of cos, 18k wg is more valuable(at least from where I am from, Singapore, jeweller rarely uses 14k in their better grade jewellery). and also the hardness issue , 14k seems harder than 18k. In summary, I will not upgrade any gold unless its for a very expensive gem like a sapphire of diamond.

Lastly, the reason that I returned the fully upgrade legacy is because the halo is simply not 'square' as it should be, seems a little off on one side. and also something to NOTE, most the logr rings comes in size 7 or 8 and you have to top $10 more to have it resize. I understand that our own jeweller can also do the resizing. But as my fingers are real...small, its around 3.25. the legacy actually became an OVAL after resizing by my benchman. DO NOTE, if your finger size is around a 7, there should not be an issue on resizing. But if the size drop is gonna be a BIG one like me (from 8 to 3.25, pls let LOGr do it)

You have to also note that Logr ring are cast, one mould will make a thousands of the same design. According to my jeweller, the prongs on these rings are not as durable as custom-made one, it will not be a problem to mount a stone, but the prongs might break if you decide to open up the prongs to fit another stone.

These are the 2 contributing reasons for the return. Someone has mentioned that LOGR return policy is very much 'black and white' you like it you keep it, for any other reason that you don't (even you have resize it) just return for a refund, minus $30 for micro-pave fee. I have to say that the refund process is fast, within 3 days. But it takes about 2-3 days for logr to reply a question (i hate this)

O ya ! I have some questions, is it possible to 'tighten' the pave setting? cos one of my jeweller said yes and the other said no...What is the best way to clean a
pave-ring, without risk of melees falling out?

Thanks, hope that my personal experience above provide some kind of reference for potential Logr customer
41.gif
I will be away for a week from tomorrow, see you guys back on the forum a weeek later. bye bye
35.gif
35.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My experience I believe the best way to clean pave is to either steam clean it or to use a toothbrush with some dish washing soap on it. I go to the jewelers to have them steam clean it. the sonic cleaner is a big no no!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks for all the great information on LOGR''s.

I clean mine with a soft toothbrush and liquid soap. I rinse them in really hot water over the sink (with the drain cover in place) and let them dangle on the toothbrush as the hot water goes over them. I hold the ends of the toothbrush, as not to burn my fingers with the hot water. I then pat dry with a paper towel (I don''t recommend using a paper towel on soft stones), and they sparkle like crazy afterwards. I don''t have any problems with melee falling out.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great info but sorry the ring didn''t work out for you!
7.gif

I''ve not upgraded the diamonds on any of my current LOGR''s simply because they''ve always looked fine to me. None of them look gray and they sparkle like mad.

The one I have coming that I did do a 18K yellow gold head, so I went ahead and upgraded the ring part as well. It wasn''t much of a difference in price honestly! I asked him to see if they would not plate the gold so we shall see if they can do that.

I also hand wash my rings. If I wear them that day I soak them that evening in a water/dawn solution overnight, give them a quick brush with an extra soft toothbrush, then rinse.

I do clean my rings if I continue to wear them all day and thats what I wear when we go out. I use the clothing steamer which does a very quick job. Only exception to that rule is my sphene ring(that is strictly soaking only).

I''ve yet to have a melee fall out either. I wouldn''t want to have a UC, they seem to be a little unpredictable.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I handwash all my rings as they all have coloured gemstones. A good soak in ammonia free cleanser (in a separate container), then brush with a baby toothbrush and rise. Please keep your sink stopper CLOSED! I like to pat dry then spray with compressed air to avoid those pesky water spots.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
*cough cough* I abuse my rings I guess LOL. The only time my ring is cleaned is when I go to the mall and they dip it in the US (with out it on). They toothbrush it there.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I just add a few more points?

On the resizing issue - if LOGR re-size, the ring will arrive in perfect shape. Because the rings are cast there will always be more issues if you try to re-size after so it''s best to get LOGR to do it.

SOME of their items come with really horrible diamonds. A while ago I posted photos of a ring that had really bad, grey and included diamonds. I hadn''t upgraded. I returned this and was refunded without any issues. So if somebody is fussy and wants to make sure they get good diamonds it''s worth upgrading (especially for a special piece).

I''ve bought both upgraded and "normal" rings with diamonds from LOGR. It''s honestly pot luck whether the "normal" ring has good diamonds or not. I do suspect that they try to give good items to repeat buyers - as certainly everything I''ve had recently has been good (irrespective of upgrade or not).

In terms of pave - resizing a pave ring is fraught with possibilities of losing the diamonds in the process. Not recommended. As others have said, I treat my pave to a clean with a soft toothbrush and washing up liquid. On occasion I risk the ultrasonic BUT always check it carefully before tipping the water out ............. just in case!
2.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
On those downsizings of several sizes: If yo don''t mind a thicker shank on a ring, Instead of cutting the ring, a strip of gold or even a partial piece of ring shank can be soldered inside. Jewelers won''t be thrilled at that suggestion, b/c it''s harder to figure out just what to put in there to reduce the inner diameter of the ring and get it "just right." But it can be done.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the review, so you are saying the non graded looks better than the upgraded diamonds? Maybe next time I'll get a non upgraded one as an experiment, it'll certainly save me some money for more stones instead.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/11/2009 6:39:43 PM
Author: Lovinggems
Thanks for the review, so you are saying the non graded looks better than the upgraded diamonds? Maybe next time I''ll get a non upgraded one as an experiment, it''ll certainly save me some money for more stones instead.
HI! you are welcome:) mm... I meant to say that non-graded looks whiter (unaided eyes), under the loupe upgraded is better:) so for important/ pricier gems, I will go for the upgraded, otherwise, normal one is good enough:)

ps. chictomato is a VERY FUSSY PERSON!!!! SUPER LOW IMPERFECTION TOLERANCE, heheee

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/10/2009 7:46:23 PM
Author:chictomato
Hi there, I just wanna share my experience with LOGR on their pave setting.

You have to also note that Logr ring are cast, one mould will make a thousands of the same design. According to my jeweller, the prongs on these rings are not as durable as custom-made one, it will not be a problem to mount a stone, but the prongs might break if you decide to open up the prongs to fit another stone.
A little side note: most custom made rings are cast as well. Anytime you see a wax or CAD of a ring, the ring is going to be cast (well, perhaps a few exceptions on the CAD, but very few I think - an OCD jeweller or client, for example). For more durable prongs, you need to look for well fabricated rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results