shape
carat
color
clarity

BEST Vegas hotel on the strip?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hello again all!
35.gif

Wondering if anyone can weigh in on their opinion of THE nicest, most enjoyable Vegas hotel on the strip and why?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
35.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Nicrez,

We have been to LV many times....love it there! We are actually going back again in a month for vaca- can't wait! As far as what hotel I reccommend, it really depends what youre looking for. But, I have to say, we love Bellagio. Its right in the middle of everything, so pretty, great service, shoping, pools, etc. And it not so crowded with kids/families (and I dont mean that in a bad way at all, but I'm sure you understand).

Other hotels that I have stayed in and liked were Mandalay Bay (The Hotel in Mandalay Bay is really cool, its part of Mandalay Bay, but separate, if you know what I mean), The Mirage, Paris, and The Four Seasons, which is actually also in the Mandalay Bay building......The only problem with MB is that it has a wave pool, and b/c of that, it tends to get very crowded with kids and families...One yr we stayed there, it was so crowded, we actually couldnt get a spot at the pool- not even ground space, let alone chairs! It was terrible!

Next month when we go, we will be staying at Bellagio.....We always have a great time there......When are you thinking of going?

ETA: You may be interested in this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hotel-recs-las-vegas.64007/

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 10:39:03 AM
Author: Dani
Hi Nicrez,

We have been to LV many times....love it there! We are actually going back again in a month for vaca- can't wait! As far as what hotel I reccommend, it really depends what youre looking for. But, I have to say, we love Bellagio. Its right in the middle of everything, so pretty, great service, shoping, pools, etc. And it not so crowded with kids/families (and I dont mean that in a bad way at all, but I'm sure you understand).

Other hotels that I have stayed in and liked were Mandalay Bay (The Hotel in Mandalay Bay is really cool, its part of Mandalay Bay, but separate, if you know what I mean), The Mirage, Paris, and The Four Seasons, which is actually also in the Mandalay Bay building......The only problem with MB is that it has a wave pool, and b/c of that, it tends to get very crowded with kids and families...One yr we stayed there, it was so crowded, we actually couldnt get a spot at the pool- not even ground space, let alone chairs! It was terrible!

Next month when we go, we will be staying at Bellagio.....We always have a great time there......When are you thinking of going?

ETA: You may be interested in this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hotel-recs-las-vegas.64007/
Thanks Dani!!!

I understand completely about the kids thing. I LOVE kids, but we are not taking any and we are not planning on enjoying "kid time" while there, so that's a very accurate point you make. It's not a "kid time" vacation.

Bellagio I hear is lovely. I will be there early June. Wanted to take a few days and suck up some sun and shows before hitting the fleabag motels of the Grand Canyon, so I will want something nice, clean, relaxing and luxurious. Considering how much "roughing it" I will be in for thereafter! So, no crowded wave pools with floaties for us... Preferably drinks by a quiet pool. Spa treatments and shopping, GOOD....
31.gif

Shame the Ritz is far off the strip, but that was a recommendation, just prefer to be closer to the strip for convenience sake. THE Hotel was also recommended. Anyone weigh in on their stay there?

Also, I have only see "O" by Cirque du Soleil, can anyone suggest good ones? I know thay are ALL likely good, but which ones are the best ones? Or if not, maybe another show? I am clueless on this whole Vegas show front...

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Its funny you ask that question now. I am going to Vegas in May as well and just had to decide where to stay. I''m going to second the previous post because it is so centrally located. You can walk through to Ceasars where great shows perform. Cher will be there in May and my son has gotten tickets. Cartiers is there and something called forum shopping, which is upscale.
Across the street you can go to see the Paris which is nice to see and a short walk in the other direction will get you to the Venetian, which you should also see. The Belliagio has an art gallery. great buffet and beautiful entrance.
We have a harrahs card so we get some free rooms so decided to stay where it would be less expensive for us, but if you are looking for the best the Belliagio is great. It''s where i would stay (or Ceasars. Enjoy. I find it so relaxing. Seems silly, doesn''t it. Thanks,
Annette Go on line and check a map of Vegas Hotels on strip.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Nicrez, "O" is amazing. If you havent seen it, I highly reccommend getting tickets!! Its awesome! We have also seen "Ka" and "Zumanity", but IMO, they arent as good as "O".
When we are there next month, we are going to see Cirque's "Love." I heard its a great show...so we're really looking foward to it!!!
36.gif

Also, if you're looking for quiet and luxurious, consider the Four Seasons. Although its part of Mandalay Bay, its has its own quiet pool and separate quarters. Its very lovely there. Pricey, but you get top notch service and amenitites for sure.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The best are either Wynn or Bellagio. You can''t go worng with either.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 11:16:12 AM
Author: Dani
Nicrez, 'O' is amazing. If you havent seen it, I highly reccommend getting tickets!! Its awesome! We have also seen 'Ka' and 'Zumanity', but IMO, they arent as good as 'O'.
When we are there next month, we are going to see Cirque's 'Love.' I heard its a great show...so we're looking foward to it for sure!!!!
36.gif
Thanks Annette!! I was told Caesar's is a bit on the "Las Vegas over-the-top" side... How about the Wynn? The restaurants are great, but honestly not a huge fan of all the umbrellas on the ceiling. It's OK, but what are the rooms like? The Venetian? anyone know about the Four Seasons?

Dani that is the one I already saw... Last year, and we had amazing seats, so I couldn't have been more impressed with the show. Now this year I wanted to see a new one. Of course nothing is quite like "O" they all say, BUT I want something great, never-the-less...

Which is the next best one?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I go to Vegas every year and always stay at the Bellagio. Honestly, a lot of Vegas is pretty tacky (as you can imagine) but to me, the Bellagio has always been a bit of an oasis from all of that over the top gaudy glitz!
2.gif
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Vegas but I also like to escape to a nice hotel after all the craziness and decadence there. I've also stayed at the Paris for work and it's not bad at all but I highly recommend Bellagio! I haven't seen the rooms at the Venetian but it's a little bit far from the strip. Great restaurants, though and a nice place to check out but a little "too much" for my taste! I stayed at Caesar's years ago before Bellagio was open and it was nice at the time but I can't really remember much about the rooms. They do have great shops and restaurants in the Forum Shops there. "O" is a great show. I also heard Bette Midler's show is really excellent, if you're a fan.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
We went to Vegas a few years ago and stayed at The Hotel. Dani is right, the pool gets very crowded with kids. The Hotel also seems to be geared for the younger party crowd. When we went there were many obnoxious, downright bombed 21 - 25 year olds meandering around shouting vulgarities. Now, I''m no prude, but it was enough to irritate me. When the people in the room next to us got into their room at 4 a.m. they proceeded to have a shouting/crying match. All of that said, we went for my b-day which happens to be Memorial Day weekend so it was a ''party'' weekend. My sister has stayed there and has had no problem, though she agrees that it isn''t a quiet spa like environment...Then again, it is in Las Vegas - haha! My good friend usually stays at the Bellagio and I''ve only heard her say good things about it. Have a great vacation! Vegas is always a great place for good...
31.gif
. . .Shopping, right? Enjoy the more ''rustic'' leg of your trip, too! The Grand Canyone is beautiful. I''ve been wanting to take the kids there.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 10:53:04 AM
Author: Nicrez

THE Hotel was also recommended. Anyone weigh in on their stay there?

We stayed at THE hotel in November (time of year seems to be a factor) and have nothing but the greatest things to say about it. The entrance is through the garage which bugs people, but that didn't bother me one bit. The rooms and the BATHROOM especially were so fabulous it totally made up for it. So I would totally recommend it. I did hear however that the Venetian is opening an all suites section (it was underconstruction when we were there) so I would check to see if that's open cause that would be totally awesome as well.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Great input guys thanks!! I am worried about the party atmosphere. I want something calm and exquisite, and I know it''s possible (even in Vegas)...
31.gif

I was really hoping to get a place with nice facilities but a really nice room. I am a big fan of excellent thread counts, big tubs and balconies, so anything with a great set-up like that is totally favored. Sure, a great relaxing pool to have "adult" drinks by would not be sneered at either! ;-)

Take in a show, pool-time, some gambling (and I mean minimal blackjack and slots because I hate gambling) and of course fine dining...

Any restaurants people loved? Four Seasons had a great place, I remember. The steakhouse at the Wynn was fabulous (outside seating was GREAT!) but hoping for something new, interesting...? keep those suggestions coming!

THANKS!!!
35.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Wynn if you are looking for a classy, mostly adult property. Amazing pool area, nice spa, great restaurants, shopping, golf. After Wynn I would say Four Seasons. Four Seasons is also the only resort on the strip that allows pets (With a fat deposit).

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely check out the Signature at MGM Grand. It''s connected to the regular MGM Grand by a very long walkway, but it is a non-gaming, calm, relaxing, luxurious hotel. You definitely are not IN the MGM Grand when you stay there.

I''m not exactly a Las Vegas gal myself, and this was the perfect compromise for me. We could spend the day in the noise and the smoke and then retreat to this very sedate place. I absolutely adored it.

If you do stay there, order the in-suite dining for breakfast, it was wonderful. We ended up getting a special rate so it was around $250 per night and the breakfasts were included. They also have water bottles and fresh green apples waiting for you everywhere you go, and let me tell you--fresh water and fruit in Vegas felt really good.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andres restaurant treated us like royalty. Older established Vegas restuarant, French, Great Zagat reviews, and the venison as well as everything else was TDF. We went to the one in the Monte Carlo (hotel was not nice, restuarant was FABULOUS) which has a cigar lounge upstairs and after dinner we indulged in some seriously awesome after dinner drinks and cigars (yes, even I had one, it was a small one, but not girly or flavored. And I don't smoke, but it capped off the evening perfectly).

I had heard that in terms of ROOMs the ventian and the wynn can be disappointing if you don't upgrade beyond basic. And I heard from several people that THE hotel has the best rooms on the stip hands down. Nice thread count, lovely pillows, great GREAT bed, two cuddly bathrobes, slippers, three flat screen TV's and again... the bathroom with it's two person tub. All marble, clean and huge. OH and it has 1.5 bathrooms, so if you and your hubby both need to use the facilities there is a half bath right off the living room area.

I'm a person that really enjoys staying in a really nice room. I'd rather be in a less central location and have a fab room, than have a fab location and an average room.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 11:49:56 AM
Great input guys thanks!! I am worried about the party atmosphere. I want something calm and exquisite, and I know it''s possible (even in Vegas)...
31.gif

I was really hoping to get a place with nice facilities but a really nice room. I am a big fan of excellent thread counts, big tubs and balconies, so anything with a great set-up like that is totally favored. Sure, a great relaxing pool to have ''adult'' drinks by would not be sneered at either! ;-)

Take in a show, pool-time, some gambling (and I mean minimal blackjack and slots because I hate gambling) and of course fine dining...

Any restaurants people loved? Four Seasons had a great place, I remember. The steakhouse at the Wynn was fabulous (outside seating was GREAT!) but hoping for something new, interesting...? keep those suggestions coming!

THANKS!!!
35.gif
I doubt you will want to do it as it is off the strip, but the Mariott, http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lasjw-jw-marriott-las-vegas-resort-spa-and-golf is definitely the nicest place to stay; it always gets higher ratings than anything on the strip and having stayed all over, I can swear it is the nicest. I do think that on the strip the Bellagio is the nicest though.
As for shows, O is the best, but I also really like zumanity.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
^^Venetian & Wynn have very, very nice starter accomodations, I just find Venetian cheesy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 12:18:38 PM
Author: VegasAngel
^^Venetian & Wynn have very, very nice starter accomodations, I just find Venetian cheesy.
Really? That''s good to know for next time! Thanks Vegas Angel!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 12:08:19 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

Date: 3/24/2008 11:49:56 AM
31.gif

I was really hoping to get a place with nice facilities but a really nice room. I am a big fan of excellent thread counts, big tubs and balconies, so anything with a great set-up like that is totally favored. Sure, a great relaxing pool to have ''adult'' drinks by would not be sneered at either! ;-)

THANKS!!!
35.gif
I doubt you will want to do it as it is off the strip, but the Mariott, http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lasjw-jw-marriott-las-vegas-resort-spa-and-golf is definitely the nicest place to stay; it always gets higher ratings than anything on the strip and having stayed all over, I can swear it is the nicest. I do think that on the strip the Bellagio is the nicest though.
As for shows, O is the best, but I also really like zumanity.
This one is right by my house & you are right it is nice especially if you want to do spa, golf, visit Red Rock, Mt.Charleston without the hussle & bustle of the strip. Only thing I dont like is their Cafe & buffet (Gross) & I
emlove.gif
J.C. Wooloughan Irish Pub

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 12:21:00 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/24/2008 12:18:38 PM
Author: VegasAngel
Really? That''s good to know for next time! Thanks Vegas Angel!
Next time you are in town & you have time/feel up to it arrange a suite tour at the Venetian. A lot of properties do it. it''s kind of nice if you are curious & want to get an idea of where you might like to stay for your next visit.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Vegas Angel! I was hoping you would weigh in, as all that "Vegas" living must have some secrets with it...

Gypsy, I also heard the Venetian was a bit cheesy, so to speak.

THE Hotel is getting mixed reviews and Bellagio''s rooms online looked somewhat sad. I can drop the requisite $1,300 for the two nights, but I would rather not unless it''s truly impressive. I figured something doable under that would suit, and save the extra for the dining, the SHOPPING and of course, the other little things through out the trip. Considered renting a fabulous car for the two days, and that''s about the same price as a Bellagio "super duper" room, so i am doing the balancing act now of what I want and what is more essential.

Haven I had one friend tell me about the suites at the MGM, and I think they are rentals of condos, is that correct? So hard to chose, but I really want a nice room, relaxing, but close to the strip to jet over to a show, walk around, and maybe go to Old Vegas where it''s seedy and such for the heck of it... I have never seen it, and i figure it would be fun!

Maybe gander at the pawn shops!
31.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 1:30:17 PM
Haven I had one friend tell me about the suites at the MGM, and I think they are rentals of condos, is that correct? So hard to chose, but I really want a nice room, relaxing, but close to the strip to jet over to a show, walk around, and maybe go to Old Vegas where it''s seedy and such for the heck of it... I have never seen it, and i figure it would be fun!

They''re regular hotel rooms, perhaps you''re thinking of something else. The Signature is located right on the strip, so it''s in a great location. I love it because it feels like you''re NOT in Vegas once you get to your room because it''s so calm and relaxing.

Enjoy your trip!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for The Hotel. It''s my favorite hotel to stay at- but it''s not for everyone. It reminds me a bit of the W Hotels. Aesthetically, it''s very modern and not brighly lit like some of the other hotels. I like that though. The rooms are large with huge bathrooms, really comfy beds and two large flat screen tvs (one in the living room and the other in the bedroom). The spa there is amazing too. Plus you have the added benefit of using all of the amenities at the Mandalay Bay; however from what I recall the opposite is not true, so it''s pretty exclusive. A few of my girlfriends went to the grand opening of the Wynn. While I haven''t stayed there they couldn''t stop raving. Bellagio is another good choice. I stayed there several years ago and really liked it. It''s definitely more opulent and traditionally designed. I haven''t been back recently though. Let us know what you decide!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
We stayed at THEHotel, and it was great for us since it''s an all-suite hotel. We had a 2-year-old with us, so once she went to bed, we could close the bedroom door and still hang out in the living room area and watch TV, etc. The only negative was that we had to trek through the entire casino to get to the pool...but that''s minor.

If you''re not taking kids, I would also suggest the Wynn since that hotel is not made to be family-friendly. Also, they have a great buffet.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I am partial to Caesars Palace, because I used to work there. It really is a gorgeous hotel and a Vegas landmark. Its one of the only original casinos on its orignal land. Is it over the top vegas? maybe a little. But it is Vegas afterall.

The Bellagio and The Wynn are very sophisticated though and very nice. And the Venetian is lovely.

I would recommend staying in a hotel that is centrally located ie on the intersection of Las Vegas Blvd and Flamingo or near LV and Tropicana. CP, Wynn and Bellagio are central as they are on or near the LV and Flamingo intersection

HAVE FUN!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I''ve stayed at both the Venetian and Bellagio. At the Venetian, we were upgraded to a suite for our honeymoon and it was amazing and gorgeous. I don''t know how it compares to so-called starter rooms, but there was *nothin* cheesy about our room at Venetian. It was delicious and luxurious.

By contrast, we stayed in a ''starter'' room at Bellagio and it was ok, but not as impressive to me as the Venetian. It''s more dated and not as luxurious.

Venetian is ''on strip'', but it''s on the upper end near Treasure Island/Mirage/Wynns. Bellagio is more centrally located near Caesars, Bally''s, Paris.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
We were there last year...we stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club (on the strip)...

It is not exactly on the strip...at the North end...

We had a suite...it was awesome...the price was not too bad either..

It had a full kitchen...and a washer and dryer....great bathroom etc...

The is no casino in this hotel

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/LASVSGV-Hilton-Grand-Vacations-Club-on-the-Las-Vegas-Strip-Nevada/index.do

You can get to all of the other place easliy...it is right on the bus route...amazingly afforable way to trave...and cabs...you can use the tram too but not the closest

We went to ''O''...loved had seen it before...Spamalot was good...there is also supposed to be a show that is "O"ish at the WYNN

We ate at BOA in Ceasars...really good...

Also the is a really good art glass store in the shops on the Appain way I think...and of course Fred Leighton at the Bellagio

Have a great trip

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paris was the cheesiest in my opinion. I hope I don''t give offense, but if I never visit that hotel, I''ll be fine. The Ventian is... well, it''s VEGAS afterall so there is a definite bit of camp going on, but overall much less cheese than Paris. It''s hard for me to say that the Ventian is cheesy though because we went there right after Paris and I think that anything would have been a relief after Paris. I liked the Ventian because it was a balance of Vegas (nothing like it anywhere else) but still pretty sophisticated. I think the all suite portion they are building is going to be perfect though... away from any cheese, but just close enough and nicely sophisticated. LOL. The Wynn was lovely. It was a screaming monument to MONEY. I felt it was TOO sophisticated, if that makes sense.. I think the Bellagio manages, of all the hotels, to be the most uniquely vegas AND sophisticated at the same time. Not too cheesey (Paris), not too sophisticated (Wynn). But, I have heard that things are a bit run down intheir regular rooms there from a couple of people. But you cant'' beat their location. And their restaurants are great too. We ate at one... I can''t remember the name, but it is a Mina resturant and it was great.

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
The Wynn is nice and has an amazing buffet. I believe it''s the #1 rated buffet in the world followed by the buffet at the Bellagio. My friend just stayed at the new Palazzo right next to the Venetian and she said it was really nice as well, plus there''s the new shopping complex there with a brand new Barney''s!
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just stayed at the Palazzo Resort at the Venetian (part of the Venetian but a separate building) and I liked it. It''s pretty much brand new and the suites are apparently a bit bigger than the Venetian suites. I do think it''s a bit cheesy, but it''s still nice. The pool wasn''t open yet, so I can''t say what that''s like. Plus it''s right next to the Wynn, so you can walk over there for dinner or shopping.

The Wynn has a few good restaurants, there''s one French one we went to that was pretty good. I think it''s called Daniel Bou(something?)? The Palazzo had a casual Mexican restaurant that was good, too. I didn''t like the Asian place at the Palazzo that much, though. What else...there''s a Barney''s in the Palazzo, but since you''re from NYC that''s not a big deal...it''s not as nice as the big one in NYC.

I''ve stayed at the Mandalay Bay a few times and the regular rooms are just okay-not that nice at all. Apparently they''ve renovated some of them, so if you can get a new one they''re supposed to be nice. (The first time we went to Mandalay Bay they were out of rooms so they put me and the people I was with in the actual one and only Presidential suite-it was just ridiculously nice. So needless to say, all other rooms after that have seemed pretty lame!)

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I know this is OT but I cannot help myself. I was just looking at our Las Vegas Review Journal Annual best Of Las Vegas 2008 (Only locals vote) We have some of the best restaurants around & Red Lobster was voted best seafood restaurant? Outback best steakhouse? Olive Garden best Italian? pathetic!
38.gif
14.gif
Just in case anyone wants to look at the full list food, entertainment, shopping best of worst etc. http://www.lvrj.com/bestoflv

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results