shape
carat
color
clarity

Best source for small asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I think I''ve decided that I want a small asscher bezel set solitaire pendant. Looking around I only found small asschers at BN (where there are no pictures) and James Allen. Is there a particular PS vendor that anyone would reccomend for something like this? I''d like to keep the project under $1000, so I think I can budget $800 for the stone. Hopefully that''ll snag me something in the 4mm range.

Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d give Mark at ERD a call, probably.
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merco,
Not to be a downer, but do you really want a 4 mm asscher? Set as a pendant? It''s going to be really hard to see the steps, you''ll have to peer right up to the stone to see the windmills.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d probably call up several vendors and get quotes of stones they have.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 12:58:47 PM
Author: Chrono
Merco,

Not to be a downer, but do you really want a 4 mm asscher? Set as a pendant? It''s going to be really hard to see the steps, you''ll have to peer right up to the stone to see the windmills.

Well... I originally wanted an OEC/OMC/transitional stone since at a smaller size I thought the fire would be more pronounced than the scintillation of an ideal RB. Lately it seems that bezel rb pendants are all the rage, so I thought the asscher would be a nice contrast. I poked around in my price range and about the best I could do was 4mm. Drawn out with fairly clipped corners and a 1.5mm bezel it looks good on paper. I''m also not sure where to start to find and old stone so asschers are a tad easier in that respect as well.

Maybe I should go find some to visit in person at that size.

Gypsy- I hadn''t thought of ERD, thanks!

KC, I was thinking of approaching Wink, WF and JA; any other rec''s?

Thanks ladies!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 1:21:45 PM
Author: mercoledi

Date: 2/29/2008 12:58:47 PM
Author: Chrono
Merco,

Well... I originally wanted an OEC/OMC/transitional stone since at a smaller size I thought the fire would be more pronounced than the scintillation of an ideal RB. Lately it seems that bezel rb pendants are all the rage, so I thought the asscher would be a nice contrast. I poked around in my price range and about the best I could do was 4mm. Drawn out with fairly clipped corners and a 1.5mm bezel it looks good on paper. I''m also not sure where to start to find and old stone so asschers are a tad easier in that respect as well.

Maybe I should go find some to visit in person at that size.

Gypsy- I hadn''t thought of ERD, thanks!

KC, I was thinking of approaching Wink, WF and JA; any other rec''s?

Thanks ladies!
GOG and ERD are also great.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I consider Good Old Gold the place to get asschers since Jon knows how to pick them and he can take pictures for you, but I''d honestly probably wait and get one just a little larger.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 1:49:05 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I consider Good Old Gold the place to get asschers since Jon knows how to pick them and he can take pictures for you, but I''d honestly probably wait and get one just a little larger.

ditto.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id wait to save money too go larger or get a round.
Have you considered a colored gemstone?
With a 1k budget you could get a kicken pendant in a nice size.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 4:10:08 PM
Author: strmrdr

I have, that''s how I found that 666 sapphire! I''d like something for everyday, and well, diamonds always match!
9.gif

But I do love colored gems too. My original lust was for a Richard Homer snowflake in silver topaz. Guess I just love polygons!

Ok, clearly I have some more thinking to do.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 4:16:28 PM

Date: 2/29/2008 4:10:08 PM
Author: strmrdr

I have, that''s how I found that 666 sapphire! I''d like something for everyday, and well, diamonds always match!
9.gif

But I do love colored gems too. My original lust was for a Richard Homer snowflake in silver topaz. Guess I just love polygons!

Ok, clearly I have some more thinking to do.

Thank you all for your suggestions!
I love the Homer snowflake!!!!!!
I want to get wifey2b one in light blue someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Kewl!

I know Richard recommends the blue but I love the subtlety of the silver. Sigh. Maybe I should go back to that plan.
silverflake2555.JPG

Yum! This one is 16mm and 1.5k.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mercoledi, I say if you want a bezel set Asscher, 4 mm is a perfectly fine size. Heck, my .71 ct. engagement ring is right at 5 mm, and I can still see the steps very well.

With the beveled bezel around my engagement ring, it really visually gives my 1 ct. 6.5 mm round "CZ" a run for it's money.

I'll be following your search - because I want one to match my E-ring, as well.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I always forget your asscher is .71, it looks huge in the bezel (and is like an inch tall on my monitor
20.gif
). I adore your set; you''re how I ended up with a pipe-cut e-ring. I think I''ll put a few feelers out to ERD and GOG and see what my options are.

Thanks for the encouragement!

p.s. BN actually has several small asschers, but they are so data-low that it''s hard to tell if anything will look nice. JA has a few and has a stock bezel setting.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d see what Jonathon can come up with at GOG. I don''t think that size is too small.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure where to *get* one but I love the idea! The bezel-set Lucida pendant is my DREAM NECKLACE. I ached for one SOSOSOSOSO badly last year but its not in the financial cards right now.
39.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 5:48:07 PM
Lauren, I always forget your asscher is .71, it looks huge in the bezel (and is like an inch tall on my monitor
20.gif
). I adore your set; you''re how I ended up with a pipe-cut e-ring. I think I''ll put a few feelers out to ERD and GOG and see what my options are.

Thanks for the encouragement!

p.s. BN actually has several small asschers, but they are so data-low that it''s hard to tell if anything will look nice. JA has a few and has a stock bezel setting.
That''s like actual size!
2.gif

Wow, JA has a stock Asscher bezel setting?!?!?! I did not know this . . . off to check it out!
3.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Shoot, I should have been more specific. JA has princess and round bezels as stock options and has several small asschers. They don''t have bezel asscher pendants as an option, so it would probably take a phone call. Sorry to get your hope up Lauren!

Deco- I remember your lucida yearnings. I don''t think Tiffany will ever fit my price range, but it is a beautiful piece.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results