shape
carat
color
clarity

Best size pointers for eternity band

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
So I am awaiting the arrival of my BG 2.54 VS1 I round set in the Tiffany half round 6 prong platinum setting. Will still be a few weeks yet. But in the mean time I am continually searching these post trying to establish what size pointers I should put in a half eternity u prong ring. I have a really big fingers 8.5 8.75 so I feel like I can pull off a little larger stones then maybe all you lovely little fingers out there. But at the same time I don't want to detract from my solitaire. I was thinking anywhere from 10 to 20 pointers. I have gone into some jewerllers but there cuts don't appear to be very good ( to deep ) so it doesn't really represent what a ideal cut would look like. Any recommendations or opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My previous ER was 2.93 carats and my shared prong eternity WB had 10 pointers which IMO is the max I could have without detracting from my ER. So, I wouldn't go above 10 pointers with your 2.54 ER.

Unless you plan on wearing your Uprong WB on a different hand. Then go for the 20 pointers. Otherwise, if you wear both rings on the same hand, the bigger the stones in your WB the smaller your ER diamond will look IMO.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 10pt'ers would be best w/ a solitaire like yours. I have a 15pt eternity band and I think it is too much w/ my solitaire to wear together. Also, make sure you are okay w/ the u prong look. You may be able to get a basket setting that would sit lower against your ER. Sarahb and asscher girl have lovely low basket eternity settings!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 10 pointers and I love it!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have 15-pt full eternity in "U-prong". I agree with others that 10-pt would look great. However, I am greedy, so I stretched the proportion a bit by getting 15-pt instead of smaller melees The result turned out good. Don't think anything larger than 15-pt would do.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer 10 pointers max with an engagement ring over 2 cts., and I like 15-20 pointers for a stand-alone eternity.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Opps I meant 10-15 pointers. Im thinking about a 20 pointer for my RHR. This is what happens when you fall victim to PS :lol:

Thanks everyone I was more so thinking along the lines closer to 10 pointers but was afraid my big fingers would make them look really tiny. :(sad I will also look into the other styles thanks mom2boys but am hoping that the uprong is not to high because I just adore that setting.

Once I get my ring I may actually go into Tiffanys and try on a few eternity rings, Im just so impatient :oops:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As for how high or low the ring sits: my initial BM purchase was a u prong, which in my case, did sit up higher than the basket setting I finally landed on from WF. At 10 or 20 pts, the difference between u prong & basket may not be significant. In my case, the difference was significant, and am very happy with the basket setting. Good luck with your decision, I'd go try the 2 different setting on in person.
sarahb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results