shape
carat
color
clarity

Best restaurant proposals...lets hear ''em

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AJ

Rough_Rock
Okay peeps, let hear the best restaurant proposals, either from personal experience, an idea, or from what you have heard....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly? I think restaurant proposals are cheesy, cheesy, cheesy. And unless you know for SURE that she wants a public proposal, don't go there.

Try and think of something private, personal, and most importantly something that reflects you guys and your relationship.

ETA: The card idea brought up in your other thread is MUCH more original and interesting. Or just do it at home in a personal way, before you leave for your trip. Good luck!

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 1:44:59 PM
Author: neatfreak
Honestly? I think restaurant proposals are cheesy, cheesy, cheesy. And unless you know for SURE that she wants a public proposal, don''t go there.

Try and think of something private, personal, and most importantly something that reflects you guys and your relationship.

ETA: The card idea brought up in your other thread is MUCH more original and interesting. Or just do it at home in a personal way, before you leave for your trip. Good luck!
The reason I am against restaurant proposals is because I don''t think it''s very private. My own proposal almost turned into a restaurant one - my FI took me to one of our favorite restaurants. I had no idea that was going to ask me (had no idea a proposal was even in sight) since he was "normal" the entire day. During the middle of dinner, through NO prompting at all, I said to him, " You know what? I don''t think I''d ever want to get a proposal while in a restaurant. I think I would be too embarassed and it''s not private at all." I didn''t know that he had the ring in his pocket and was ready to ask! He told me later that the color DRAINED from his face (and I honestly did not notice at all). When we got home, he got down on one knee and proposed.

AJ

Rough_Rock
Yeah, after careful consideration, I''m not going that route at all, I think I''m going for something simple, private and at home followed by reservations at a nice restaurant...she has an idea its coming (I had to ask her what type ring she likes, strangely enough I don''t know anything beyond she wants princess cut, so I had to inquire
1.gif
)

So since she knows its coming I will think of something simple but surprising and romantic to do at home and then we will go to a nice dinner at our favorite restaurant for a great meal, some wine, and lots of sparkle from that ring over the candle light...hehe

I will brainstorm some stuff to do to spice it up a little more...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 11:09:49 AM
Author: AJ
Yeah, after careful consideration, I''m not going that route at all, I think I''m going for something simple, private and at home followed by reservations at a nice restaurant...she has an idea its coming (I had to ask her what type ring she likes, strangely enough I don''t know anything beyond she wants princess cut, so I had to inquire
1.gif
)

So since she knows its coming I will think of something simple but surprising and romantic to do at home and then we will go to a nice dinner at our favorite restaurant for a great meal, some wine, and lots of sparkle from that ring over the candle light...hehe

That sounds perfect. She''ll love it.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 11:09:49 AM
Author: AJ
1.gif
)

This is a guaranteed winner. Propose at home so she can go as crazy as she wants and then take her out somewhere nice to show off the ring. That''d work for me!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I banned FI from ever proposing in public and especially in a restaurant.

I was hoping for something a bit different and more us that he''d had to put some thinking time into. He managed it and then some - and rather annoyed some of our male friends who felt they were now going to have to be creative too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results