shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place for diamond stud jackets?

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there - so, it looks like new studs aren't in the budget at the moment because our state and several of the surrounding states are on a "Pause". So, what about jackets? They are common 0.60ish 5mm (1.2 tow) RBs, so nothing spectacular, and certainly not the 2-3 ACA's my dh is planning on. In the meantime - and since it's cyber Monday - any suggestions? I saw BDG's sale, but it seems theirs are for .3 - .5 stones. I'm also not certain my studs will stand up to his beautiful mele :) Thanks in advance.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So are you planning on upgrading your studs at some point?

1/2 carat stones usually are about 5mm-ish. You're saying your .6 stones are 5mm? .6 should be closer to 5.4mm-ish.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
IDjewelry best jackets 479021 479020 478356 sorry photos are so bad but I love my F color VS jackets. They were not expensive and they are gorgeous I also wear them with my garnet studs and sapphire studs

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@
So are you planning on upgrading your studs at some point?

1/2 carat stones usually are about 5mm-ish. You're saying your .6 stones are 5mm? .6 should be closer to 5.4mm-ish.

@tyty333 it is entirely possible they are a smidge larger than 5mm. My only source today was a seam measure from my sewing kit and it’s not remarkably precise. I should have a better quality one when dh comes home. I’ll post the final measurements then.

And yes, at some point I will be updating to a better cut (ACA’s probably, although I’m super interested in the various conversations about light return - or lack there of - while wearing diamonds as stud earrings. So it may be different cut quality than ACA) but will definitely be larger, cleaner, and better cut than the pair I have now.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
IDjewelry best jackets fullsizerender__6_6.jpg fullsizerender__5_5.jpg img_13725.jpg sorry photos are so bad but I love my F color VS jackets. They were not expensive and they are gorgeous I also wear them with my garnet studs and sapphire studs

Thank you - they look great. :)

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
No digital calipers at home - bummer. DH has them at the office and will bring home. We did some close up shots, though and they are a smidge over 5 mm but not 6 mm. That’s not specific enough, but it’s what I have to work with tonight. The photos attached are affected by the camera’s angle, but the diamond girdle is laid right on 3cm Mark edge. C919B6E3-71BB-4619-8A1A-C76557133F2C.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would be your plans for the jackets when you upgrade your studs? Just making sure that jackets for studs you are planning on upgrading in
the future is a worthwhile investment.

Edit - perhaps you can have them made big enough to support larger stones in the future. They might have an airline with your current stones
though. Something to consider.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
What would be your plans for the jackets when you upgrade your studs? Just making sure that jackets for studs you are planning on upgrading in
the future is a worthwhile investment.

Edit - perhaps you can have them made big enough to support larger stones in the future. They might have an airline with your current stones
though. Something to consider.

That’s a great consideration. My plan was to have them relegated to the current studs - but perhaps I can plan to do as you’ve described. Generally, I don’t live the look of smaller studs in larger jackets, but I’ll look and see if there is something that can spark a little fire. :) Thanks for the suggestion.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You might look into lab grown for a larger interim pair. I'd weigh the jacket cost v lab grown and what you could resell for on the lab grown.

Mong

Rough_Rock
I don’t know if you like other shape of jacket but I saw on whiteflash website clover jacket, it seems a lot more forgiving in term of center stone size !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results