shape
carat
color
clarity

Best jadeite I have seen online

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing! Very amazing pieces:) Ive got this bookmarked. The orange bangle is so special...like orangey ice! You find great sources. I still frequently look at the seller you shared who has fine stars.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing! Very amazing pieces:) Ive got this bookmarked. The orange bangle is so special...like orangey ice! You find great sources. I still frequently look at the seller you shared who has fine stars.

The pieces in this account are way over my budget. I hope a PSer can buy from this account and shares the photo. I am so curious how those pieces look like in real life. Are your refer the Grand Mantra Ploy for the star sapphires? It has all the most unique gemstones. 10ct plus rubies, huge green diamond earrings... But the price are over my budget, too

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Although this vendor does not do business outside China, Psers can order the pieces they like through another Chinese vendor. The jade vendors have the same suppliers and shares the information.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the Grand Mantra Ploy...Amazing amazing! It’s just so much fun to see the things, even though most are out of budget.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, there’s a lady here in Australia that Ms MellowYellow has bought from. Some exquisite pieces from China but the prices are just a *little* eye watering. My taste runs to the “mega tens of thousands of dollars pieces” -
Sigh.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, there’s a lady here in Australia that Ms MellowYellow has bought from. Some exquisite pieces from China but the prices are just a *little* eye watering. My taste runs to the “mega tens of thousands of dollars pieces” -
Sigh.
There is a string of “flower” lavender jadeite shown up on both vendors

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
If they are as good as they look, she is sitting on a fortune of jade.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
I embarrassed to ask but how do I see her prices in Instagram? And does she deliver outside china?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I added her on WeChat. She has good products and the designs more contemporary but I think she gets them from a factory as well because some of the products she posts I also see with YY. Some prices can be seen on WeChat but for the finer stones,the prices are not indicated.

Orange bangle is also seen at one of YY’s account.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone explain the shapes the jade is carved into? There is one shape that looks like a double gourd. And there is another shape that looks like a -bean?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Can someone explain the shapes the jade is carved into? There is one shape that looks like a double gourd. And there is another shape that looks like a -bean?

Ive always wondered why they make them into those shapes? Is there some cultural significance or meaning behind the shapes? Other than the Buddha's of course.

And oh my I'm in love with this necklace...so lovely!
Screenshot_2018-12-21-13-05-58~2.png

It looks like she only ships to people in China though am I right?
At the top of her instagram it states that delivery is within China.
Someone correct me if the meaning is different.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

margueritecaicai

• 45339936_215451829386743_8074233559320266571_n.jpg

• 46786584_288892591969569_2191591997544425519_n.jpg

There is this one, and one that looks like an oblong, with carving along the top?

AV_

Ideal_Rock

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@pwsg07, that was funny!

It’s a ruyi, but it’s not a mushroom. :)

Ruyi means auspicious cloud, translating “as you wish”.

@pwsg07, that was funny!

It’s a ruyi, but it’s not a mushroom. :)

Ruyi means auspicious cloud, translating “as you wish”.

I am not expert but from what I have learnt from wiki, it is a backstratcher, a traditional ruyi has a long S-shaped handle and a head fashioned like a fist, cloud, or lingzhi mushroom. As a motif, I am not sure it is a cloud or a lingzhi mushroom or a combination of both. To me it looks more like a lingzhi mushroom.

The chinese cloud motif looks like this to me.
printing-pattern-chinese-lucky-cloud.jpg

cloud-rock-wall-chinese-style-31528254.jpg

The lingzhi motif looks like this to me

121434973_o.jpg

0f78a00c57de28fc4066db10a20c1c29.jpg

The lingzhi usually has two sides more symmetric while the cloud usually is asymmetric.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think modern jade lovers prefer symmetry incl me, so everything like that is nowadays called a ruyi.

Ruyi would also sell better than lingzhi because shi shi ru yi 事事如意。things go as you wish.

Harder to pun with lingzhi?

Asymmetry could be mistaken as bad carving or covering up a carving mistske, removal of flaws etc.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think modern jade lovers prefer symmetry incl me, so everything like that is nowadays called a ruyi.

Ruyi would also sell better than lingzhi because shi shi ru yi 事事如意。things go as you wish.

Harder to pun with lingzhi?

Asymmetry could be mistaken as bad carving or covering up a carving mistske, removal of flaws etc.

Lingzhi stands for longevity in Chinese culture. It has a good symbolism

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am not expert but from what I have learnt from wiki, it is a backstratcher, a traditional ruyi has a long S-shaped handle and a head fashioned like a fist, cloud, or lingzhi mushroom. As a motif, I am not sure it is a cloud or a lingzhi mushroom or a combination of both. To me it looks more like a lingzhi mushroom.

The chinese cloud motif looks like this to me.
printing-pattern-chinese-lucky-cloud.jpg

cloud-rock-wall-chinese-style-31528254.jpg

The lingzhi motif looks like this to me

121434973_o.jpg

0f78a00c57de28fc4066db10a20c1c29.jpg

The lingzhi usually has two sides more symmetric while the cloud usually is asymmetric.

In Chinese, things can be described by the way they look. It did originate from a sceptre (and a backscratcher as I’ve now read wiki) but to describe it as a fist or a mushroom pertains to shape. But I searched Lingzhi mushroom which represents immortality and longevity in old China. Currently, turtle (including bat and deer) is the typical symbolism for longevity. In modern Chinese, ruyi will be referred to as auspicious cloud, a symbol of luck and things going your way. The mushroom seemed to not have carried on but here’s one described as mushroom. But in my many years buying jade with a special preference for ruyi, I have never heard it described as mushroom whether in the marketplace or at a fancy shop, symmetrical or not.
https://www.bukowskis.com/en/auctio...ant-with-lingzhi-mushrooms-early-20th-century
Photo by Bukowskis
6A170CCF-BC56-4189-963F-5190CA8573FD.jpeg

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha peaches as well for longevity. Tonnes more.

But i will buy ruyi over long life. Because if I want a long life, the ruyi should grant that as I wish it too?

Usually though there's no rule, longevity trinkets are gifted to older folks. Age neutral stuff appeal to a wider demographic and more marketable.

But if anyone gifts any nice carving to me, I will accept them all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results