shape
carat
color
clarity

Best diamond shape for long fingers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Any of you ladies with long slender fingers, please post pics of your ER and wedding Band. I wear a size 5 and have long slender fingers.....just wondering what shape looks best!
emwink.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2010 12:06:18 PM
Author:Taylorbug!
Any of you ladies with long slender fingers, please post pics of your ER and wedding Band. I wear a size 5 and have long slender fingers.....just wondering what shape looks best!
emwink.gif
I would try on different shapes Taylor, but I think an OEC would look great - as you have long slender fingers you can wear any shape!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think any shape looks good on long slender fingers! Nice fat pears look esp. nice IMO, but really any look great

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Emerald cuts............

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is sort of like asking --What clothing style looks best on Cindy Crawford?
2.gif
Anything really.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
You want to fill that space in. You are the kind of person who shouldn''t wear a simple solitaire especially if it is a smaller size. I have a friend with fingers like this and she needs to wear more elaborate, detailed styles.
If she wears a solitaire, it has to be a large and she has to avoid shapes like N-S marquise, or long ovals or long emerald cuts which make her look like she has spider fingers. Squares are better, or circles, or marquises set E-W.
You might need a ring guard if you are one of the people with long, slim fingers who have larger knuckles. My friend gets so much ''spin'' in her rings that she''s uncomfortable and doesn''t wear rings other than her wedding set. She has one of those guards inside that allow the ring to go over her knuckle, but fills in the space on her finger.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
You should try on a lot of different rings and see what looks best on your hand. I wear a size 4.5 and have long fingers. I feel elongated shapes such as N-S marquise, N-S oval and emerald cut look best on my hand, because it takes up more of the long space between hand and knuckle.

Here are my rings:

IMG_2646 (38).JPG

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 4:03:51 PM
Author: Kay
You should try on a lot of different rings and see what looks best on your hand. I wear a size 4.5 and have long fingers. I feel elongated shapes such as N-S marquise, N-S oval and emerald cut look best on my hand, because it takes up more of the long space between hand and knuckle.

Here are my rings:

Kay,
Your rings are very pretty. And I currently have a marquise as well. Thanks for the pic!
emsmile.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2010 3:43:10 PM
Author: dreamer_d
2.gif
Anything really.
HI:

I kinda agree with this.

That said, you already have marquise, and IMHO that elongated shape "tends" to suit the kind of fingers you describe.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-a-bezel-set-marquise-be-more-modern.138583/

What look are you trying to achieve? Did you find someone to modify your current rings? (your pictures in above link)

BTW, the SMTR thread has hundreds of pictures of rings, shapes and hands/fingers--I suggest you look through it! Eye candy galore and gives you a bit of a perspective.

cheers--Sharon

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 4:09:49 PM
Author: canuk-gal

2.gif
Anything really.
HI:

I kinda agree with this.

That said, you already have marquise, and IMHO that elongated shape ''tends'' to suit the kind of fingers you describe.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-a-bezel-set-marquise-be-more-modern.138583/

What look are you trying to achieve? Did you find someone to modify your current rings? (your pictures in above link)

cheers--Sharon
Hi Sharon,

I guess I am just wanting a little more "updated" style. And no, didn''t find anyone to modify it. Most of the vendors I spoke with would only do work on pieces they sold.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
Anything really.
Exactly, you lucky thing, you.
emwink.gif
That said, you could afford a thicker band or a larger stone and not have it look too gigantic and vulgar, if you see what I mean. If you *are* looking at a smaller stone, something with a more elongated shape like an EC fill up the space more and be ultra-elegant.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just thinking a marquise, set N S, would complement long slender fingers, and that pic verifies it.
36.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that anything will work. I don''t think that you necessarily need an elongated shape (e.g., marquis, emerald cut, oval) because those tend to elongate the fingers, which you don''t need. Not that I think those shapes will look bad either. I have a 1.53 ct round solitaire, which I love, and I have it stacked with a few bands. I will post some pics of a few different ways I wear it. I have long fingers, and my ring size is 4.5.

pslf1.JPG

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Another.

pslf2.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always think a pear looks elegant on long fingers!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I was just going to suggest a stack like EHR''s as well. I think it looks smashing and wish I had longer, less stubby fingers to pull it off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results