shape
carat
color
clarity

Best desk / bedside light for admiring diamonds

susief

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I am fully aware that I need to get a life :cheeky:

My diamonds look amazing under my work lights and in my parents' house (spotlights), but my own house is a sea of boring lighting. I would love to be able to admire my diamonds sparkling as I read in bed, or write at my desk. Anyone know of good, inexpensive solutions? Particular lightbulbs, shades, etc? Bonus points if I can get it in the UK!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I now have the key to this! I have noticed that the very best lighting for diamonds has been in places like Walmart and other large stores that I think use halogen lighting. I have never thought of that for my home, but right now I am at the beach, and there are clear, halogen light bulbs in the bathroom light fixtures over vanity and sinks. When we first came and I was putting on my rings, I noticed how much they sparkled and I checked to see what kind of light bulbs they were! So as soon as I return home, I am replacing my bathroom lights, because halogen is definitely the best for diamonds!

susief

Shiny_Rock
Thank you diamondseeker, that's just the sort of information I was hoping for! Off to look up halogen lights! :bigsmile:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halogens are great for diamonds but can be costly in terms of energy cost. They burn hot.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My office replaced the fluorescent tubes in the hallways and public spaces with LED tubes - holy bling-fest, Batman! I was hoping they'd replace the tubes in personal offices as well, but they hadn't gotten around to that by the time I retired. I guess that's just as well; it would have been hard for me to get any work done with my diamonds sparkling like that!

led_tubes_faqs.jpg

If you don't have fluorescent tubes to update, maybe look for something like one of these?

images_30.jpg
contemporary-led-bulbs.jpg

Just bear in mind that too much bedside wattage could make it more difficult to sleep...

amc80

Ideal_Rock
lambskin|1458609366|4009164 said:
Halogens are great for diamonds but can be costly in terms of energy cost. They burn hot.

This. Also, when putting the bulbs in, don't touch them with your bare hands, because your skin's oils can cause problems.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results