shape
carat
color
clarity

Best color metal for lavender/periwinkle sapphire...

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the baguette halo! They could have gone bigger though, as you said!!

I may just be muttering to myself but I can not find the one I really love. Tone like yours but the color is more lavender. The baguettes set it off just perfectly.

With a darker, more vivid saturation, I think the contrast is too stark and I do not like it at all. This is Omi (on a random Google search). (I mean it's obviously an intrinsically gorgeous ring but I would not knock myself out to reproduce it.)

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 8.01.51 PM.png

...and another example that I don't like (!) because the channel-set "frame" is too heavy and rigid, imo; I like the more "infinity edge" of the Omi prong-set baguette halo (above, and on the one I can not find) but with a much softer-colored center stone.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 8.02.22 PM.png

Oh man, I don't know... I'm loving that entire first ring, @LilAlex! And I agree with you on the second one. The silhouette is too severe, and a bit clunky, for my tastes.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I had something made recently in unplated white gold and have really got fond of the look. It’s creamier than white gold (and platinum can be positively greyish sometimes which I do find off putting). Unplated WG might have the tinge of warmth you’re looking for.

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring, both the sapphire and the setting! May I ask who made it?

Thanks! I wish the diamonds were bigger and maybe single cut so they'd sparkle more, but the designer Caysie Van Bebber) assured me they would sparkle just fine. I disagree, but it's too late and I still like the ring. The stone was getting some chips on the facets in the first setting, but this one protects it more. Plus I don't wear it as often anymore.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm this seriously needs its own thread. I want to see more pictures!

Thank you, I'll get it out in the next week or so and try to start a thread, starting a major window cleaning project on my house but will try and do this weekend!! The sapphire is by Jeff White and the setting Megan Thorne

GemandyouSriLanka

Rough_Rock
Trade
No, All violet sapphires are not unheated. Think there is a pink sapphire with silk inclusions, after heat treatment we can improve that color pink to violett / purple. ( after heat treatment the color was decided amount of the silk or gewda. Its mean there are more silk inclusions in the stone the color get more bluish and blended with pink color. Final result comes with more purplish.) We cant improve red color of the stone by using any treatment.

Oh dear lord that is absolutely divine! :kiss2: I love everything about this ring....

*promptly adds it to dream file*

I did too! It's gorgeous. I was seriously considering rose gold for my project (above). But once I introduced the pink spinel (which has a cool, purplish undertone), it clashed with the warmth of the rose gold. Too much going on... so white metal it is!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes indeedy! I am setting the periwinkle sapphire with a pink spinel in a platinum toi et moi. The peach tourmaline I was going to set with the sapphire never did turn up (my first piece ever to have been lost/stolen in the mail). Anyway, thanks for asking girl!!

Capture214bqh124533.jpg Capturebaba.jpg

index nu6.jpg

oh bu**er
that never did arrive did it ? :angryfire:
:(2

you know i cant find my larmair ,,,, except the new braclete they are all tucked into the little blue box the octy came in

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I may just be muttering to myself but I can not find the one I really love. Tone like yours but the color is more lavender. The baguettes set it off just perfectly.

With a darker, more vivid saturation, I think the contrast is too stark and I do not like it at all. This is Omi (on a random Google search). (I mean it's obviously an intrinsically gorgeous ring but I would not knock myself out to reproduce it.)

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 8.01.51 PM.png

...and another example that I don't like (!) because the channel-set "frame" is too heavy and rigid, imo; I like the more "infinity edge" of the Omi prong-set baguette halo (above, and on the one I can not find) but with a much softer-colored center stone.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 8.02.22 PM.png

that first one makes my heart pound :appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes indeedy! I am setting the periwinkle sapphire with a pink spinel in a platinum toi et moi. The peach tourmaline I was going to set with the sapphire never did turn up (my first piece ever to have been lost/stolen in the mail). Anyway, thanks for asking girl!!

Capture214bqh124533.jpg Capturebaba.jpg

index nu6.jpg

Whoa! That is going to be gorgeous!`

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results