shape
carat
color
clarity

Best bath towels

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I did a search on this topic, but the last thread had some towels listed that are no longer available. I am trying to furnish a new house and tend to research almost everything! I want really GOOD towels, but I don''t want ones that are so thick and heavy that they''ll never dry!!! I know the trend is for super-thick towels, but I''d prefer something less heavy.

Anyone have recommendations of high quality towels that hold up well over time????
Thanks!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if you would consider these too thick, but I adore my Restoration Hardware towels. I won''t buy anything else now!
37.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard RH towels are great, and I have also discovered that Amazon carries some that are very similar. Do they take a long time to dry? Since I haven''t seen them in person, I don''t know how heavy they are!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I love the Annur bath towels DH and I got as wedding gifts (from BB&B), but they do take a while to dry.

I have some of the Thomas O''Brien towels from Target that are very luxurious-feeling, but also dry pretty quickly. I''ve had them for a few years, and the quality is surprisingly good. They''ve stayed very soft and thick after many washings.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I really like the Marcus Collection towels at Horchow. There are also available at Neiman Marcus. They are on sale a few times a year, maybe now. I just sent some to my daughter and gave 4 monogramed sets to a friend at Christmas. They are not super heavy, but they are fluffy and very soft. Everyone who uses them, loves ''em! Also Sefera (sp) has an introductory towel that is sold in sets. I think Overstock had some not too long ago.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the suggestions Kitty and Bebe! I think those Marcus collection ones look promising and I''ll look up the others. Yes, most stores are having "white sales" right now, so it is the best time to buy nice bath towels! The hard part right now is doing this without color samples. I can see that I might have to order a bunch of washcloths to find the right colors.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I love Ralph Lauren towels from Bloomingdales. So soft and absorb so well

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
We have the macys hotel collection towels and
30.gif
them. They are thick, but not too thick, and don''t take very long to dry.

sweetlime

Rough_Rock
I love the comfy & luxurious feel of my Restoration Hardware towels. They only need one regular cycle in my dryer.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I got the SPA collection from turkishtowelscom. The texture and weight are perfect 600g/sqm.

turktowl.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the macys hotel collection is awesome! we have a few of the hand towels since the color matched our bathroom and i love them...so soft.

but i gotta give a plug for the martha stewart towels they sell at macys too. i don''t know what they are called like the ''collection'' but they are a thickish cord bind on the end and they are usually on sale for like $9.99 for bath towels. they are very soft.

we used them in a rental guest house in napa last jan and i loved them so much i had to buy them. i bought about 10 of them a year ago. they are not giant sized or anything but they are VERY soft to start and a year later they are still very soft but more absorbent now that the super super softness has worn off. greg prefers them now vs a year ago. i buy towels in all white for the bath since then it''s easy to keep them clean and looks consistent.

mentally i cannot spend a lot for towels because they only last us ~3 years anyway regardless of how expensive they are. i use a towel every day, i don''t reuse and so we wash them ALL the time. expensive towels get trashed as fast as cheaper ones so finding a cheaper yet looks and feels expensive is key for me.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got new towels a couple months ago because our old cheap-o Wal-Mart ones finally died. We tried some Nautica towels from BB&B and they fell apart after just a few washes!
29.gif

So we got these from Frontgate. LOVE. THEM.
30.gif

They''re pretty thick and heavy, but they do dry very quickly and they feel like velvet! Seriously! And the free monogramming is a nice touch too!
36.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We use the Restoration Hardware towels and they''re fabulous.

I''ve had problems with Ralph Lauren towels discoloring in the past, FWIW.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone! This is all great info! I might have to get more than one collection because I want to try several of these! I have been looking at the Macy''s Hotel Collection online. There is a Macy''s at a mall about an hour away and I just need to make a trip over there. I went to a closer mall today and found my colors in microcotton at Dillards. I bought a few towels to try out.

Hopefully this thread will also be helpful to the girls who are getting married this year and need to register for towels.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I like bamboo fibre towels...
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 7:22:32 PM
Author: Pandora II
30.gif
I think bamboo sounds really great because they are mildew resistant, I think. It is supposed to be really soft, too!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 8:53:05 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 1/22/2010 7:22:32 PM
Author: Pandora II
30.gif
I think bamboo sounds really great because they are mildew resistant, I think. It is supposed to be really soft, too!
Like cashmere - I have all Daisy''s towels and blankets in it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have the Restoration hardware towels. I like them but they do take longer to dry than my other towels (which are Ralph Lauren and I am happy with those too). We did have some problems with the RH towels discoloring though, my mom, my sister and I all had the same problem. Maybe it was the batches when we all got our towels and it may no longer be a problem, but something you might want to least ask about b/c they cost a little more. I want to try some of the others mentioned in this thread too. We are due for new towels.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our towels are the hotel collection from Macy''s too, and we really like them. We''ve had them for almost 2 years and so far, so good.

What do you consider the life span of a towel to be? I''d say about 3-4 years, but I don''t really know. Maybe it''s personal preference?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 4:33:55 PM
Author: Mara
the macys hotel collection is awesome! we have a few of the hand towels since the color matched our bathroom and i love them...so soft.

but i gotta give a plug for the martha stewart towels they sell at macys too. i don''t know what they are called like the ''collection'' but they are a thickish cord bind on the end and they are usually on sale for like $9.99 for bath towels. they are very soft.

we used them in a rental guest house in napa last jan and i loved them so much i had to buy them. i bought about 10 of them a year ago. they are not giant sized or anything but they are VERY soft to start and a year later they are still very soft but more absorbent now that the super super softness has worn off. greg prefers them now vs a year ago. i buy towels in all white for the bath since then it''s easy to keep them clean and looks consistent.

mentally i cannot spend a lot for towels because they only last us ~3 years anyway regardless of how expensive they are. i use a towel every day, i don''t reuse and so we wash them ALL the time. expensive towels get trashed as fast as cheaper ones so finding a cheaper yet looks and feels expensive is key for me.
There''s something to be said for the quality of MS items. I''ve had MS towels from K-Mart (
6.gif
) for going on 14 years, not kidding. When I went away to college my mom got me a ton of bath towels and I cannot believe how long those things have lasted. Next time I buy towels I''ll try her Macy''s line. I don''t know if she does them for KM anymore.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have the worst luck with towels ever.

I've tried Ralph Lauren (lasted about 2 years, meh), Calvin Klein (super soft, not very absorbent), Target (awful - discolored, every single type I tried). I've tried the waffle weave style (I don't like - takes too long to dry), traditional, fluffy kind...

Anyway, before DH and I moved in together, I noticed that his towels were in perfect shape - and he'd had them for about 6 years at that point (they were the towels he went to college with). Still soft, still absorbent - and all JC Penney brand.

That's what we have now - I swear by JCP for towels. I think we get their mid-priced one (I believe they have 3 major styles, ranging from super cheap to inexpensive to normally priced, haha). I haven't had any problems with discoloration, though they have faded just a touch over 3 years, and they're a nice medium thickness.

ETA: Here's mine - the JC Penney Towel - http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=60157&CatID=60176&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=172e6a1&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=60157&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=1&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=60157|60176

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
This thread came in handy as I was just getting ready to replace my towels. Went to Macy''s this weekend and checked out the MS stuff. They were very nice but didn''t have the dark grey color that matches my bathroom. So moved on to the Hotel Collection and I really, really like them. They are pricey for sure ($25/bath towel, $20/hand towel) but we had a gift card so we took the plunge! I got them home, washed them and started using them immediately. I don''t get emotional over inanimate objects like towels but these are really amazing! They are so soft and plushy--I just hope they hold up. I''m so glad I read this thread before going out on my search--it definitely helped narrow down the choices and I''m very happy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 10:24:25 AM
Author: curlygirl
This thread came in handy as I was just getting ready to replace my towels. Went to Macy''s this weekend and checked out the MS stuff. They were very nice but didn''t have the dark grey color that matches my bathroom. So moved on to the Hotel Collection and I really, really like them. They are pricey for sure ($25/bath towel, $20/hand towel) but we had a gift card so we took the plunge! I got them home, washed them and started using them immediately. I don''t get emotional over inanimate objects like towels but these are really amazing! They are so soft and plushy--I just hope they hold up. I''m so glad I read this thread before going out on my search--it definitely helped narrow down the choices and I''m very happy!
I''m glad you found some you like! I REALLY need to go to Macy''s, and naturally we have a snow and ice storm forecast for the weekend! I am also looking for particular colors, and I just cannot tell enough from online photos to feel safe to order. I think Ralph Lauren Regent has the colors I need, but I really do want to compare them to Hotel Collection. Did you get the Hotel Collection Turkish towels? Do you remember anything about the color of the blue ones? I need either a teal or lighter greenish-blue. I see that they only have a lighter blue, but it is hard to tell whether it is a true blue or if it leans in an aqua direction.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 10:14:09 AM
Author: Elmorton
I have the worst luck with towels ever.

I''ve tried Ralph Lauren (lasted about 2 years, meh), Calvin Klein (super soft, not very absorbent), Target (awful - discolored, every single type I tried). I''ve tried the waffle weave style (I don''t like - takes too long to dry), traditional, fluffy kind...

Anyway, before DH and I moved in together, I noticed that his towels were in perfect shape - and he''d had them for about 6 years at that point (they were the towels he went to college with). Still soft, still absorbent - and all JC Penney brand.

That''s what we have now - I swear by JCP for towels. I think we get their mid-priced one (I believe they have 3 major styles, ranging from super cheap to inexpensive to normally priced, haha). I haven''t had any problems with discoloration, though they have faded just a touch over 3 years, and they''re a nice medium thickness.

ETA: Here''s mine - the JC Penney Towel - http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=60157&CatID=60176&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=172e6a1&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=60157&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=1&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=60157|60176
Wow, those are also on sale for a great price! I''d have to go see those colors, too.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another vote for the JCPenney towels!! I always stock up when they have their white sales, because they get ridiculously cheap! If I remember correctly, somewhere around 5 bucks for a nice sized bath towel during white sale time!! They hold up well, and feel nice for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results