shape
carat
color
clarity

Berricle Swarovski CZs

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CZ are glass so their hardness is only around 6. This means they are likely to suffer facet abrasion over time.
CZ also have a tendency to attract gunk / soap film So they need more frequent cleaning to look their best.
If not worn as an everyday ring they will last well but as a ring to wear all the time, not recommended. They make a great “holiday ring” (Keeping your diamonds safe at home) or cocktail ring.
If you want a diamond like ring that can be worn everyday, consider Moissanite, hardness around 9 so much tougher.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

Swarovski Zirconia is still very hard, reaching a rating of 8.5.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the nice thing is berricle has 2 way free shipping...I'd orderrd a few items last year and found their unbranded czs looked better imho than the swarovskis ...it was too bad b/c the swarovski items had some cool cuts. i hope you have better luck with them!

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
the nice thing is berricle has 2 way free shipping...I'd orderrd a few items last year and found their unbranded czs looked better imho than the swarovskis ...it was too bad b/c the swarovski items had some cool cuts. i hope you have better luck with them!

What do you mean? The original CZ is better?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered 2 bracelets from Berricle, and was very pleased with them when I opened the box.

DK :))

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CZ are glass so their hardness is only around 6. This means they are likely to suffer facet abrasion over time.
CZ also have a tendency to attract gunk / soap film So they need more frequent cleaning to look their best.
If not worn as an everyday ring they will last well but as a ring to wear all the time, not recommended. They make a great “holiday ring” (Keeping your diamonds safe at home) or cocktail ring.
If you want a diamond like ring that can be worn everyday, consider Moissanite, hardness around 9 so much tougher.

CZ is not glass, glass has no crystal structure, it's amorphous.
CZ is zirconium oxide and it has a crystal structure (cubic system, hence name cubic zirconia), takes almost 3000 degress to melt it and there is no crucible able to hold it so it crystalizes from the outside creating it's own crucible. Pretty interesting stuff CZ and good hardness of 8-8.5.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CZ is not glass, glass has no crystal structure, it's amorphous.
CZ is zirconium oxide and it has a crystal structure (cubic system, hence name cubic zirconia), takes almost 3000 degress to melt it and there is no crucible able to hold it so it crystalizes from the outside creating it's own crucible. Pretty interesting stuff CZ and good hardness of 8-8.5.

why does cz tend to get dull over time in a way that moissanite or diamond doesn't? does is it get scratched more easily?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've had CZ for over 12 years, it didn't get dull or cloudy as some say and it's not even high quality like nowdays. Kept it clean and that's it but it's the same with most stones.

As a ring stone I believe it will get worn faster than a diamond or moissy but it's still a hard stone, same hardness as Chrysoberyl, harder than most Beryls and Spinel and almost as hard as Sapphire.
Takes years to wear down a stone with that hardness anyway.

Also they are dirt cheap even the AAAAAA stones and you can change them for another new CZ or a real diamond later if the the setting is more valuable.

What I did notice once on someone who had an antique diamond ring with really dirty diamonds, they still sparkled like crazy even if they had a film of soap residue on their backs and looked grey. The luster was still nice. Not sure CZ will sparkle like that in the same conditions but it's beyond me why some people would let their jewellery get into that state in the first place.

If you routinely clean your jewellery you will not have any issues even with CZ.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results