shape
carat
color
clarity

Bellataire Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherokeegirl005

Rough_Rock
I need some help.
20.gif
We are looking at purchasing a Bellataire Diamond with the following specs. Can someone tell us what the value of a GIA Bellataire would be compared to this same stone GIA certified without this treatment? I have read forums on this type of stone, but am confused about the value compared to non-treated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 oval cut diamond center stone weighing approximately 2.5 carat with measurements of
Dimensions: L 11.20 mm X W 7.45 mm X D 4.70 mm
Depth Percentage: 63.1%
Girdle: Thin-Slightly Thick, Faceted
Clarity: VVS1
Color: H
Cut: Symetry : Very Good
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Flourescence: None
Enhancements: ( HPHT)
2.50 Carat

The stone is set with 2 round brilliant cut diamonds weighing approximately .35 carat each and each mounted flush on four prongs in a Scott Kay Platinum setting.
Clarity: VS-2
Color: G-H
Cut: Class 1/2 (very good)

Would $16,000 be too much???
Thanks

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The devil is in the details.

Bellataire is a brand name for a company that sells HPHT treated diamonds. This is a treatement that modifies the color. I’m pretty sure that one of the things they offer is GIA grading on every stone. That said, why is the weight given as an approximate? Are you sure this was GIA graded? Are you buying this from a Bellataire dealer?

VVS1 comes at a pretty stiff premium. Clasically it’s on the order of a 30% premium over the price of a comparable VS2 that will be visibly identical. I’m going to guess that the reason you are considering a treated stone is because it comes with an attractive price, which is fine, but given that, why are you paying a premium for such a high clarity?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

cherokeegirl005

Rough_Rock
The Bellataire is 2.5CT while the other (2) stones in the setting are approx. .35 ea. I am not buying from a dealer. The owner of the ring has an appraisal for $35,000+ on this ring from a popular local dealer. The Bellataire has a GIA certification that is listed on the appraisal and I verified it online with GIA. Is this ring worth $16,000 as a 2.5CT GIA certified Bellataire?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results