shape
carat
color
clarity

Before & After

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Santa isn''''t visiting us this year, we opted for an interior decorator instead. I asked for art deco meets modern organic and we''''re almost there. Our textiles -- carpet, window coverings, and our bar stools & tv cabinet aren''''t here yet so she loaned us a few pieces to get through the holidays.

Before -- living room

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After

lvrm1.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
more

lvrmm.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dining room before
14.gif

dinebf.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After

dr1.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just going to replace our old furniture. Then we had a pipe break which flooded the living room so naturally we had to replace all the flooring, then the paint didn''t go with the new furniture so we had all the rooms painted and then the bedroom looked crappy because of all the new stuff in the living & dining rooms so that''s being redone too. This small project just took on a life of its own $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I also wanted to add...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I was going to start a thread asking for the after...oh my gosh! It is incredible!! Lurve Lurve Lurve it all. And now the tree does belong. What a beautiful Christmas you are going to have. All decked out and perfectly placed! Yippee!! I really like it. Great job! §

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks so glamorous and awesome! I like the juxtaposition of colors and textures. You must be very happy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT! Most especially those GORGEOUS chairs contrasted with the leather sectional, all the light wood balancing the red so that it doesn''t overpower. Totally worth it! Looks stunning! Congrats!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2007 12:12:11 AM
Author: diamondfan
it looks so glamorous and awesome! I like the juxtaposition of colors and textures. You must be very happy!

Oh yeah, I''m definitely pleased that we have a home rather than a large house filled with empty space. I''ve been following the cats around with newspaper in my hand because I know they are planning to christen the furniture with hairballs -- gotta make the new stuff their very own, ya know.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!!! I love those two arm chairs in the living room. I have been looking for something very similar, except with darker fabric (the kids ya know!). Where did you get them from?

The floors are so nice too, I love wood floors.
36.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2007 12:28:51 AM
Author: butterfly 17
Very nice!!! I love those two arm chairs in the living room. I have been looking for something very similar, except with darker fabric (the kids ya know!). Where did you get them from?

I don''t know the manufacturer of the chairs. I''ll ask the interior decorator who designed the scheme and post it here soon as I can.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Matata!!! Gorgeous! I love the living room furniture. Hubby and I daydream about going modern w/our living room. Right now it is traditional and we bought brand new furniture 5 years ago so maybe in another 5 years. I will keep your room as part of our inspiration when the time comes. heeheeee
Congrats!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It looks great Matata! I love your modern organic style.
Is your living room rug from pottery barn? I''ve admired a similar one there!
We have thought about getting an interior designer to help us pull everything together... we have bought a lot of furniture lately but it doesn''t feel "finished." Could you tell me more about the process - how did you choose your designer, and how much input does she have and do you have? Also, do they shop at the same places that "regular people" shop or do they have access to "special" sources? Do they get discounts? One person I know said that her designer saved her enough to make up for the designer''s fee, but I didn''t know if that was typical or not.
Thanks!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Matata they look gorgeous!

I also love how your cat snuck in on the picture....
31.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW- what great "afters!" You had a wonderful space to work with.

I LUV the creme diamond-pattered fabric on those chairs, and the touches of red really POP!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2007 11:45:39 AM
Author: TanDogMom
Wow! It looks great Matata! I love your modern organic style.
Is your living room rug from pottery barn? I''ve admired a similar one there!
We have thought about getting an interior designer to help us pull everything together... we have bought a lot of furniture lately but it doesn''t feel ''finished.'' Could you tell me more about the process - how did you choose your designer, and how much input does she have and do you have? Also, do they shop at the same places that ''regular people'' shop or do they have access to ''special'' sources? Do they get discounts? One person I know said that her designer saved her enough to make up for the designer''s fee, but I didn''t know if that was typical or not.
Thanks!
I don''t know where she''ll get the living room area rug. I did decide to go with the one in the picture but in a 9 x 12. I chose this designer after meeting with several in my area because we "clicked" and she nailed down what I wanted really fast. We met for about an hour and she asked me a lot of questions about our lifestyle, how often we entertain & with how many people, took into consideration that we''ll always have pets & needed sturdy fabrics, and respected my desire to go with environmentally friendly stuff. Their job is to give you what you want, so your input is huge. However, because she was so in tune with my tastes, she left after our initial meeting and 3 days later had the design board ready with fabric selections, layout, paint colors, flooring, & furniture pics. I was blown away because I loved it all. The only thing I changed was the fabric on the armless chairs. She wanted to do them in an off-white silk with accent pillows in the fabric that now covers the chairs. I liked the accent fabric so much that I chose to cover the entire chair with it.

You can go a couple of ways in choosing a designer -- there are firms that do design only and then there are furniture stores that usually have designers on staff. I chose the store w/the designer because the owners are awesome, moved here from California, and brought a fresh new perspective about home furnishings to our area (http://terrafirmahome.com/). The other designers I met with (who just do design) kept telling me what I wanted rather than hearing what I was saying and that was the main reason I chose not to work with them. Designers who just do design, just like those who have stores, get their stuff at prices available "to the trade". I''m not sure what that means, but I''d guess they don''t pay what we would normally pay retail. My designer didn''t charge for her design services because I chose to purchase the furniture from the store.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks utterly FANTASTIC!!!!!

I especially love the furball trying to escape being in the picture!!!
face23.gif
emcat.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2007 12:45:51 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I especially love the furball trying to escape being in the picture!!!
face23.gif
emcat.gif
Yesssssssss, and after we chose fabrics that complemented his fur coat! Who else would design a room around the color of the cats
2.gif
He looks particularly fetching rolling around on that red rug.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
This is gorgeous! Can I move in?
9.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 12:50:36 PM
Author: HollyS
This is gorgeous! Can I move in?
9.gif
Hee hee, yeah me too!!!

I love it! Your living room is great, I love everything in it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Everything looks great, such an elegant look. Very inviting!!! Great job!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks awesome! I love everything you picked.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Your home looks great! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I just met with an interior designer yesterday to finish up my house. Decorating has turned into a much bigger job than I thought and everything I am buying is beige. I really need someone that will stop me from making ''safe'' choices and branch out!

BTW, I loooove the red walls!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
How gorgeous!!!

Can we get a close up of the lighting in the dining room? It looks like such a beautiful fixture!!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
What a difference! Looks great!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks beautiful! I love it!

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Matata, thank you so much for answering my questions about the process. Your home came out beautifully. Great timing too with the holidays! (We ordered some furniture in October and it won''t come til January... bummer!)

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE those chairs in your lounge room! The whole place looks fantastic-have a wonderful Christmas in your beautiful home!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results