shape
carat
color
clarity

Been gone too long!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies! I have missed you all and boy there are a ton of new people! I moved back in October from MN to NE. FI couldn''t find a job in MN so I started looking in NE. Applied to only 2 positions and got my dream job! I had two weeks to pack up my life and move. It was crazy! Still is! But it put a halt to my wedding planning and only in the last month have I gotten back on track. I am SOOOOOOO behind I am beginning to get a little worried!

We have accomplished a few minor details. We bought the GM ties as their gift since we are going casual and don''t think they will wear more than dress slacks & shirt with the tie. No vests and no jackets.

-Put my deposit down on the flowers.
-Mom is booking a day of planner which was a dream come true for me!
-Mom has finalized the pattern for the shawl she is making me out of antique lace.
-Mom finished the first draft of our ketubah (Jewish wedding contract) painting she will be doing. And we started doing research and making decisions about what we want added.
-Found a huge discount through a family friend where we will order our invites, but we need to finalize that guest list and choose a time for the wedding still!
-I have found two pairs of shoes I love and I have to choose one. Humph!

Things I seriously need to crack down are, the time of the wedding and how the day will be carried out so I can order invites already, a photog, and have my BMs do cake tastings! Not to mention everything else!

The wedding is June 13th, I have 4 months! Ack!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I was wondering where you''ve been!!

I''m so glad the planning is coming along. And congrats about the new job. Where in NE are you? Are you getting your wedding band at Iowa Diamond? Oh, and I''m totally jealous that you have a day-of coordinator. That should take a lot of stress out of the day. I can''t remember, is your wedding in Mpls? Have I bombarded you with enough questions?
3.gif

Off topic, I think we need a IA/NE/MN/WI GTG for all us lonely midwesterners....

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
yay welcome back!
35.gif
I was also wondering where you went. That''s awesome about the job and I''m am also tres jealous about the DOC. I keep thinking I want to hire one, but that darn budget
15.gif

Can''t wait to hear more! Our dates are close so I''ll be using you to stay on track with my own planning!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
High TG and MP! We are in Omaha and surprisingly the FMIL drama seems to have quieted down now that she isn''t losing her baby to that wild woman up north!
28.gif
Although she has started planning the second reception here in Omaha because we can''t invite everyone she wants to the actual wedding. (Because his parents won''t help pay, duh do the math!) We are going to take a day trip up to Des Moines to look at bands at Iowa Diamond since we got the ering there. However I might also just order a comfort fit band online for the both of us. Or choices are limited due to traditional Jewish law that must be followed in my synagogue (no stones in the band).

My mom made a list of what she deems vitally important to the wedding and those are what she is going to help with financially. Makes total sense to me. And one day she decided a DOC was necessary. I was shocked but oh so happy. She is hiring the same lady that did her wedding, and she was fabulous! MP I bet you are far ahead of me!

Thank you for the warm hello!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I was wondering where you''ve been, too! The job sounds great!!! I hear yeah about life events putting a kink in your wedding plans...I found out that I''m pregnant, so we moved the wedding up by 5 months!!! Yikes!!!

So glad you are back!!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 2:39:26 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
Yay! I was wondering where you''ve been, too! The job sounds great!!! I hear yeah about life events putting a kink in your wedding plans...I found out that I''m pregnant, so we moved the wedding up by 5 months!!! Yikes!!!

So glad you are back!!!
Whaaaaa? Is there a thread about this?!?!?! Sorry for the threadjack! But whaaaaa???????

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Glad to see you back, ILS!
And congrats, ROL!!!!!!!!!!!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Good to see you back, ILS! I am most excited to read about the dream job, but you have some exciting wedding updates, too. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results