shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful Setting, but where to find it??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m new to this forum. I''ve been lurking around different forums trying to find a setting for my stone but haven''t seen anything that really caught my attention until today. Unfortunately, it''s on another forum, and I am an Unverified User there so I can''t post questions unless I give them my credit card number, so I couldn''t ask the poster where she got it from.

Here''s the link: http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51110

I really really love that setting! Has anyone seen anything like it? Someone there posted a link to an Ebay ring that was similar, but not what I was looking for. I want the profile to be sharper looking. If anyone can help I''d really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Ashlyn

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't see the pics... can you post a representative one over?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I can't help with a DT thread without registering myself. Could you describe the ring? And you can't paste the picture here for us?

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the ring you are talking about? If so, she got it done at her local jewelers. Basically a custom piece. I could PM her if you would like and ask her the specifics as I am a member over there too. Let me know.

1.gif
1.gif

d-sun 4.jpg

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
I can view the pictures but I can't post in DT, only in the wedding forum. I wonder why you can't see the pictures tho?

Anyway, yes, that's the one! I love how the prongs look like the profile of a diamond from the side, and how it's completely open. Could you please ask her where her jeweler is located at?

And if anyone knows where i can find one similar, please help!

thanks!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Icicles-
I think the person stated that they got their local jeweler to make that setting. ( She doesn't say who her local jeweler is). However, someone posted a link to a setting on ebay that looks very much like her setting. Sorry if you already saw this post. But here is the link for others too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4101444583&category=42951

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out the Cartier website ...

Looks like one of their styles. At least one version of this 'C' prong style is online. It seems to have quite a few 'followers' already
3.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I PM'ed her. Hopefully I will hear something back. I also directed her to this thread, so she might just answer you herself!
1.gif

It is an awesome ring.
love.gif
Someday...sigh.....
2.gif

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Valeria. I have seen the "C" prongs, but hers looks like it's pointed on the bottom, just like the V- shape of the bottom of the diamond. That's what I'm looking for. I don't like the rounded look. The link to Ebay has the rounded one too.
I hope she gets back to you soon Amandechat!

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
This is the profile. See how it's pointed at the bottom and not curved? I also like how low it sits on the finger.
lickout.gif
I hope she doesn't mind me posting her pictures here.

d-profile.jpg

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
I also like how it looks square-ish.

d-on hand 9.jpg

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
Look at how big the setting makes it look. I can't believe it's only 1.24ct!

d-on hand 5.jpg

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
are there any vendors here that can make this ring? if so, how much would it cost?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
DavidEmslie

griffin

brianknox

One of those 3 should be able to make anything you can dream up for you :}
Click the above links to view their profiles and get contact info.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
She has lovely hands. Love the green sparkle she captured in the picture.

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
I went to some local jewelers with a picture and they said it would cost between $1500-$2500 to make the mounting, depending on the quality and size of the princess diamonds. The owner of the ring said her side stones are 1ctw, D-F, VS quality, and the center is an Ideal 1.24ct D VVS2 ex/ex stone with a GIA report.

Looking at the prices here, that would run me about $12,000-$13,500. But she said she got it all for $11,500. Why is there such a big price difference?

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Icicles. She had the ring done by her jeweler in Los Angeles. It's called Tien's Jewelry in San Gabriel, and she said they are in the yellow pages. I believe she got the center diamond there also, and that's what cost under 11K. I think the entire setting was more (but not absolute about that). Anyway, good luck on your setting search. That is definitely a looker!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results