shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful ca 0.85ct OEC in original 1928 solitaire setting

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! :wavey:

I am selling my OEC ring. It is around 0.85ct, measured in the setting as 6.00x6.09mm. It is completely eye clean, so conservatively say SI clarity. Color wise it has some tint but I believe it to be around a K.

The light performance is amazing. No dead areas, even distribution of light throughout the whole stone and very firey. High crown and as a bonus, I do see kozibe effect sometimes.

The setting is an original 1928 eight prong solitaire in 18kt yellow gold with white prongs. I have the name of the goldsmith written down somewhere, I could look for it if it is of interest.

I was expecting somewhere in the region of 2500 dollars.

Do you think that is a reasonable price? Any comments are welcome.

It is currently at auction here http://www.bukowskismarket.com/items/269997-ring-sk-enstensring-18k-guld-med-antikslipad-diamant-ca-0-85ct-1928-vikt-2g

My old thread [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1928-oec-solitaire-ring.157775/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1928-oec-solitaire-ring.157775/[/URL]

If you have any questions or comments please post.

OEC1.jpg

OEC2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Beautiful ca 0.85ct OEC in original 1928 solitaire setti

It is hard to say. Do you have a formal appraisal from an independent appraiser? To me, that is required to get top dollar since without something like that, buyers don't really know what they are getting. With some verification of the specs as you say, then that price seems reasonable, though prices are all over the map on the secondary market, and you are selling outside of N.Am, so I have no clue what the market is there!

Another PSer is seller her antique cushion with a lab report, 1.3ct, L Si1 I believe, and she is asking $3000 (very very good price IMO) but it has not sold.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

That is so pretty! It looks like the price is in SEK. I just did the conversion and it looks like you might get close to what you want.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! Out of my price range, but it's a nice looking stone! I think stones are more expensive in Europe than in North America, but it's hard to say.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer_D said:
It is hard to say. Do you have a formal appraisal from an independent appraiser? To me, that is required to get top dollar since without something like that, buyers don't really know what they are getting. With some verification of the specs as you say, then that price seems reasonable, though prices are all over the map on the secondary market, and you are selling outside of N.Am, so I have no clue what the market is there!

Another PSer is seller her antique cushion with a lab report, 1.3ct, L Si1 I believe, and she is asking $3000 (very very good price IMO) but it has not sold.

Independent appraisers are thin on the ground over here. Here you even see crown jewelers selling diamonds in the 4-6ct range without specified color nor clarity :errrr: . They just specify if it has inclusions and if the color is below about L, then they mention yellow tint.

If it does not sell now I will probably get an appraisal, but since the only independent one I have found costs a bit more than $100 and will not be recognizable for anyone outside of Sweden, it feels a bit iffy. I don't know how to transmit the cut quality of this stone. That is what drives the price up. Where it is being sold now, they have put in the reserved price at about double what this size normally goes for.

Thank you for the help Dreamer ( and I have to say that your OEC in the buttercup setting is just beautiful). My thought about 2500 was in order to give a bit of haggling room for the people that like that.

Skippy said:
That is so pretty! It looks like the price is in SEK. I just did the conversion and it looks like you might get close to what you want.
Hi Skippy! Yes the price is in SEK. No doubt that a buyer would buy this ring for the amount that I want, the problem is that the auction houses take nearly 50%. From the clubbed price I pay 22,5% and on top of that the buyer pays another 22,5%.
There is no Diamond Bistro or the like for Sweden, people buy through the auction houses and since there are only three, there is not a lot of competition. Heck if the ring sells for what they believe it is worth, the seller will end up paying 3400, but I doubt it will go so high. I guess I am just to used to the American prices :naughty:

Addy said:
Beautiful! Out of my price range, but it's a nice looking stone! I think stones are more expensive in Europe than in North America, but it's hard to say.

I agree that diamonds are much more expensive in Europe, wish we would have the variety and pricing from the US. I didn't know you were looking for this size. What project are you planning?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

beautiful stone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Natacha your stone is really a great example of its kind! And the setting lovely. If you do not get the price you want locally, will you ever be in the US? Perhaps there is a consigner in the US who can help you with shipping?

natascha

Brilliant_Rock

Uggh reserve bid has been reached!

And I feel all queasy and am questioning if I did the right thing. To late to change my mind now. I mean the reasons for selling are still there.

Reason 1: this baby outperforms my e-ring which makes me kinda sad. When I got my e-ring stone it had the best light performance I could find at the time, but this OEC puts it in the shade.

Reason 2: this size is too big for a pendant or as the center of a 5-stone, for me that is, but too small for an e-ring upgrade and due to above I will not wear both of them at the same time.

BUT I just feel like I will never have the opportunity to own something like this again. Kinda feels like once in a lifetime type of thing. This stone is just so amazing. I mean this thing is selling at nearly triple the price of comparable OEC for size, clarity and color (for Sweden). Ughh.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a beautiful stone! But if it's not for you, it's not for you. There will always be other antique dealers and vendors out there who can help you source a stunning stone or ring. Yes, diamond prices will go up so what you sell for now may not be what you pay for it if you want something similar in 5 years, but such is life. It is once in a lifetime, no stone will be exactly as that one is, but there will be other stones for you, ones that you'll wear! Like your kick ass OEC earrings you were putting together from that funky ring. How are those coming?

I'm looking and not looking. I want larger earrings. I have an old mine cut which I love, in about the same size as yours above. But I don't really do big, for me, rocks on fingers. I cycle to work and generally don't feel I can wear a larger rock everyday - so I'm gonna make earrings! (someday)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hmmm... it is too beautiful to wear with your e-ring... an odd reason to sell ;)) Are you committed to sell since it hit the reserve?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1321999067|3067035 said:
Hmmm... it is too beautiful to wear with your e-ring... an odd reason to sell ;)) Are you committed to sell since it hit the reserve?

I think according to Ebay policy you have to....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling|1322004792|3067109 said:

It was not on ebay though, was it? I think it was a private auction house?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1322025948|3067444 said:
Amys Bling|1322004792|3067109 said:

It was not on ebay though, was it? I think it was a private auction house?

your correct. I think I say the "reserve" and my mind filled in the blanks...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results